Special Bacon-Shakespeare Title Pages & Emblems

On 3/11/2022 at 5:27 PM, A Phoenix said:

THE CURIOUS SYMBOLIC TITLE PAGE OF THE 1642 LATIN EDITION OF HENRY VII.

H7.png

So this is what I see on this one:  obviously they were depicted with more rounded bellies in those days but this woman looks like she may be pregnant, if you go to this link you'll see why I say that as she appears in a second image there too, I'm not sure I can copy it  to here https://www.mauritius-images.com/en/asset/ME-PI-6189695_mauritius_images_bildnummer_11982212_shakespeare---the-bacon-shakespeare-debate%0D%0Amaterial-illustrative-of-the-shakespeare-bacon-controversy-%5Bleft%5D:%0D%0Atitlepage-of-francis-bacon-historia-regni-henrici-septimi-angliae-regis%C3%96-1642-the-naked-woman-is-the-emblem-of-fortune-and-the-wheel-she-turns-the-wheel-of-fortune-with-the-various-symbols-of-high-and-low-estate-%5Bright%5D:-titlepage-of-francis-bacon's-sermones-fideles-ethici-politici-oeconomici-sive-interiora-rerum-1641-for-further-information-see-%22shakespeare-and-bacon:-can-they-be-reconciled%3F-report-of-a-debate-%28january-1900%29-between-appleton-morgan-and-isaac-hall-platt%22-in-new-shakespeareana-vol-ii-no-2-3-april-jul-1903-pp-49ff  On there it says she is Fortune turning the wheel of fortune with symbols of high and low estate. To me though, as she's turning a wheel which has crowns on it, it may suggest as the wheel turns the crown is passed to a new person.   

Random observations: it looks like she has the third eye area marked. Also the page can be divided in two from the edge of the base. I can also see that if you extend the 'spear' (?) or pointer up diagonally it passes through the u in Opus and ends at the capital H. So this is a real stretch and I don't like trying to see things that aren't there but I think HU means light? Also wasn't Elizabeth 1st sometimes depicted as Fortuna? If FB was her son then wouldn't that make him the great grandchild of Henri 7th?  I don't know anything about this book, what it's about (obviously something about the history of Henri 7th, King of England) or if the front page has already been dissected for symbolism, but I hope this sparks something.

I do see there is a version with the image reversed. It's here https://wellcomecollection.org/images?query=yceyy52s

Edited by Kate Cassidy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kate,

Your close analysis and observations give rise to some very intriguing links and other possibilities concerning Queen Elizabeth/Fortuna and that FB was the great grandchild of Henry the Seventh. Not only did FB write this history of H7 he also started to write a history/biography of Henry the Eighth and his enigmatic piece entitled The Felicity of Queen Elizabeth, is the only work specifically mentioned in his will. The 'spear'  clearly suggests Shakespeare and the reign of Henry the Seventh here written in prose by FB is the only one not covered in the English Shakespeare history plays from Richard II to Henry VIII. This hiatus was filled by FB in 1622 while the Shakespeare First Folio was going through the Jaggard printing press in 1622-3 before its publication in Nov 1623 completing the reigns from Richard II to Henry the Eighth.

Great work Kate.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kate Cassidy said:

I can also see that if you extend the 'spear' (?) or pointer up diagonally it passes through the u in Opus and ends at the capital H. So this is a real stretch and I don't like trying to see things that aren't there but I think HU means light?

Thank you Kate ! This is a great work indeed !!!

"Hu (ḥw), in ancient Egypt, was the deification of the first word, the word of creation" - Wikipedia

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" John 1:1

And look what is underlined 😃...

image.png.d9ed3fc05b43cec76fceb668f69e7da4.png

Iesus Hominis Salvator 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Hi Kate, as far as I am aware they only reversed the image in certain instances and I can only imagine that it was done to draw to the attention of the initiated that they contained secrets related to FB and his Rosicrucian -Freemasonry Brotherhood, which they were able to decode and decipher.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

THE COMPLEX SYMBOLIC TITLE PAGE OF THE 1649 FRENCH EDITION OF LORD BACON'S THE HISTORY OF THE WINDS.

HW.png

Here is my attempt to translate the text for you :

Man, this Master of the Earth,
Where he is amused by a disappointing Good:
Is it a Work made only of glass,
Since it breaks to the slightest wind ?

And here is my attempt to give it a poetic form :

O Man, this Master of the Earth,
Amused by a Good with few worth:
Is it made of Glass, since with ease
It may break to the slightest breeze ?

image.png.6dae83823a4e095a7a314f452f4932ae.png

I can't dismiss that "de verre" (of glass) makes me think of "De Vere" but ...

Right in the middle, we can read : " MASTER BACON"

"lamuse" is interesting because the ' is missing.

"l'amuse" means "amuse him"

"la muse" means "the muse"

And we know that the muse of Bacon was Minerva, the Speare shaker.

The french word "Ouvrage" is also very  interesting bacause it means "Work" but also "BOOK"

So right in the middle we have :

MASTER BACON'S BOOK - MINERVA

• Like 3

obviously they were depicted with more rounded bellies in those days but this woman looks like she may be pregnant, if you go to this link you'll see why I say that as she appears in a second image there too

Women throughout human history were considered most beautiful when full-figured. I'd say more like healthy and thicker. But the ancients believed that beautiful healthy women were more fertile.

Skinny women as being attractive and sex symbols only started to happen in the early 1900's, and believe me I cannot understand why. 🙂

They may not be pregnant, just healthy and strong.

• Like 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

There are nine spokes in the wheel. The number nine is an important number, and a nine-pointed Star (Nonagram).

See attached PDF for an interesting article.

image.thumb.png.2b19e4745769426abf2ea8f5358ba391.png 

Editorial Note: This is the original manuscript illustration by Athanasius Kircher who was a 17th century German Jesuit scholar. Kircher was also known as the Father of Egyptology. He was a scientist and theorized that microbes are the cause of disease and suggested effective mechanisms to prevent outbreaks of plague.

Here you will note that the numeration around the 9 pointed figure begins at 1 (apex) then 4, 8, 2, 5, 9, 3, 6, 7 clockwise.
Note that he includes a 'magic square' where all columns, rows, and diagonals add to 15 (1+5=6 or 3+3).

The centre is the 'all seeing eye' possibly referring to the Rosicrucian influences in the early 1600s.

The bottom of the plate shows the total world order, with Animal (4), Man (7), the Heavens with a geocentric solar system, flanked by angels under the ray of the nonagram with angels in all points encompassing the Triad (The Law of 3 - Father, Son, Holy Spirit) or more plainly 3+3+3 = 9, yet unmistakably, the rays of the nonagram shine onto all of
creation.

Peter Martyn

cupdf.com_enneagram-spirituality.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Hi AP and others,

I obviously have far too much time on my hands! I saw your previous post and thought, what if the name Francis Bacon is not what we should be looking for, but instead the name de Vervlamio.

I looked again at the dedication of the sonnets, and although I believe it is thought to have been written by Thorpe, the TT is a well-known masonic signature.

I tried a simple anagram of the middle lines (promised by ovr ever-living poet) but was missing one letter (the a) to make de Vervlamio, so I ended up widening my search and looking at the entire thing.  I played around with it and came up with this. I'm well aware that this (below), in its entirety, is not going to be it (for starters it's too modern sounding and I haven't used all the letters) but it may help someone else to look for an anagram containing de Vervlamio and maybe some Latin phrases that Bacon was likely to use. I didn't look for Baronis, maybe that's it, Baronis de Vervlamio.

I'm not taking this too seriously, I just had a bit of fun (on a very rainy day here) trying to think what he may have written.

Has anyone else over time ever looked at it as an anagram? I'm sure they must have. Kate

1839667187_Dedication2022Kate.thumb.png.30cf6fbeb374c36d16f874d81677a1b4.png

• Like 3

Kate, welcome to club! LOL

Oxies love the "ever" part of the dedication. Anytime they see the "very" common word "ever", they find a D and come up with De Vere.

Granted, every time I see "con" I find a B and an A. But you know what, "con" and BA show up on Title pages and Front-pieces in places where other clues show up in abundance connected to Bacon. Gassy guy hardly "ever" shows up in places with other clues to back up their ciphers. 😉

Yes, I see what I want to see. Guilty as charged. Good thing I have an eye for what I am looking for. Bacon is my teacher! LOL

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

On the obvious:

image.thumb.png.b7acad43647454188d680c05aae2e92d.png

One thing that stands out for me is that FR. BACONI DE VERVLAMIO is 183 Simple cipher.

ONE EIGHTY THREE is 157 Simple and 365 Kaye.

Those words are at the top where I'd expect 183 to show up being the center day of the year. I always see it as the peak of a pyramid with 365 blocks across that start at one on each end and go up to 365 blocks high at the middle. On either side of the 365 high peak is a stack 182 blocks high. One could also say there are 182 Days before and after Day 183.

ONE EIGHTY TWO is 157 Simple and 287 Kaye ciphers.

1, 2, 3...182 < 183 > 182...3, 2, 1

They added "Bacon" to the newer version. The older version has "FRANCISCI", the newer "Fr. Baconi".

FRANCISCI DE VERVLAMIO is 100 Short cipher using the 26 letter codes. That could be intentional, especially in 1638. But switching from FRANCISCI to FR. BACONI seems significant.

All for now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

6 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

On the obvious:

image.thumb.png.b7acad43647454188d680c05aae2e92d.png

One thing that stands out for me is that FR. BACONI DE VERVLAMIO is 183 Simple cipher.

ONE EIGHTY THREE is 157 Simple and 365 Kaye.

Those words are at the top where I'd expect 183 to show up being the center day of the year. I always see it as the peak of a pyramid with 365 blocks across that start at one on each end and go up to 365 blocks high at the middle. On either side of the 365 high peak is a stack 182 blocks high. One could also say there are 182 Days before and after Day 183.

ONE EIGHTY TWO is 157 Simple and 287 Kaye ciphers.

1, 2, 3...182 < 183 > 182...3, 2, 1

They added "Bacon" to the newer version. The older version has "FRANCISCI", the newer "Fr. Baconi".

FRANCISCI DE VERVLAMIO is 100 Short cipher using the 26 letter codes. That could be intentional, especially in 1638. But switching from FRANCISCI to FR. BACONI seems significant.

All for now...

Thank you Rob !

Few days ago, I made a new finding, in the frontispiece of a book from the 17th century  with two blocks of characters, one with 39 characters (F. BACON) , the other one with 144 characters ( SIR FRANCIS BACON) for a total of 183 characters. And I wondered what this number 183 was hiding. Thanks to you, now I know ... FR. BACONI DE VERVLAMIO. 😀👍

• Like 3

Hi Kate,

Of course you have not made a fool of yourself. Everyone on B'Hive has a great deal of respect and admiration for your contributions, learning, and expertise.

As you know Kate, Verulamium was an old Roman town situated just outside of St Albans where Lord Keeper Nicholas Bacon built the Bacon family estate at Gorhambury where FB spent his idyllic years growing up soaking in all the rich history of the town and its environs. 

In his own mind and in the minds of those who knew him FB was always linked and associated with the old town of Verulam and the Freemasonic myth of St Albans which conceals the fact that FB was the true founder of the Freemasonry Brotherhood, something that occurred a long time before the publication of the Shakespeare Sonnets in 1609, which some believe was actually published much later, and the title page back-dated. 

When properly contextualised there is every chance the De Vervlamio anagram (or any cognate variants) was introduced into the dedication page with its very obvious Freemasonic use of the TT signature, and so on. 

Later in life FB built his Verulam House within the grounds of the Gorhambury estate which may have been used as an early Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Lodge.

Eventually all these associations were officially recognised when in 1618 FB was created Baron Verulam and Viscount St Alban in 1621. 

Phoenix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

THE TITLE PAGE AND PORTRAIT OF THE 1626 FRENCH EDITION OF THE OEUVRES MORALES

in the caption under the Bacon portrait (excluding the 2 block capital words GRAVEVR & BACON) there appears to be a cipher count of 103 letters representing Shakespeare in simple cipher thus conveying the cryptographic message that Francis Bacon is Shakespeare.

Over to you Yann, Rob and Kate! 

GRAVEUR.png

• Like 3

THE SYMBOLIC TITLE PAGE & FRONTISPIECE OF THE 1643 DUTCH EDITION OF NOVA ATLANTIS DEPICTING THE GREEK GODDESS PALLAS ATHENA WHOM LORD BACON TOOK FOR HIS INSPIRATION AND MUSE. SHE WAS THE GODDESS OF KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM AND IS DEPICTED AS SHAKING A SPEAR AT THE SERPENT OF IGNORANCE, HENCE HIS NOM DE PLUME SHAKE-SPEARE. 

NA.png

• Like 2