The Baconian-Rosicrucian AA Headpieces in Editions of Shakespeare Poems, Quartos & Folios

A Phoenix

Thank you again for sharing, A. Phoenix !

This is the very first time that I see the Title Page of the 1594 edition of "The Taming of the the Shrew".

And I am really sorry but, you know, I see codes everyhere ! 

This is just an idea but, maybe that the name of Shake-speare does not appear on this Title Page because the play is the fruit of "The Pleasant Harp of Bacon", our Apollo ?

image.png.a6a793ea2beaf0743fbed223c1c50b9e.png

• Like 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Hi Yann, 

Brilliant spot. Until you pointed it out, this had for us, passed under the radar. It is, of course, reminiscent of the BACON on the title page of the 1597 quarto edition of Richard II.  As far as we are aware you are the first to notice this. Another WORLD FIRST to add to your already growing list. Thank you.

• Like 2

THE BACONIAN-ROSICRUCIAN AA HEADPIECE IN THE 1609 EDITION OF SHAKE-SPEARES SONNETS UNDERNEATH WHICH THE FIRST SONNET BEGINS WITH A LARGE CAPITAL F AND CAPITAL R [AND FOLLOWING THE INDENTATION] A CAPITAL B THUS WE HAVE THE INITIALS FOR FR [ANCIS] B [ACON] THE SAME SECRET SIGNATURE WHICH COMMENCES THE FIRST STANZA IN THE RAPE OF LUCRECE.

Sonnets.png

• Like 2

Hi Kate, this is certainly not common knowledge and opens up a very curious and interesting line of inquiry already taken up by Rob and I am sure Yann will have something to say and offer about all the posts on the Sonnets and their potential links to other areas and disciplines. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Here is something I worked on yesterday night , and that I planned to post this morning.  it seems that you have been quicker than me ! 😄

image.thumb.png.c06970a86f3396df564b6338c6443564.png

By the way, on the left we can see that the diagonal is passing through the letters H,O, and D and HOD is the Hebrew word for GLORY

Edited by Allisnum2er
Sorry, I missed the "b" of "Before"
  • Like 2

This is just an idea , something it could be interesting to work with ...

Golden.JPG.9c56c51ccc25a10365dc6c03c370793d.JPG

I love the kind of "Vitruvian man" inside the Heart ! 🙂 

Notice that he is on the TOP of the Great Pyramid, above kind of a Vescica Pisces  and he seems to look  into the sky, the inverted Pyramid !        

Edited by Allisnum2er
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kate Cassidy said:

Is it documented anywhere what the exact measurement of the pages are? Like we have A4 and A5, was there a size? Does anyone know? Thank you

I have "The English replicas" facsimile and the measurement of the pages is 22x16 cm.

But the Sonnets were first printed in 1609 in a quarto volume that means approximately 10 inches (250 mm) tall by 8 inches (200 mm) wide.

Here is an interesting site about "sizing Shake-speare's Sonnets":

https://collation.folger.edu/2020/01/sizing-shakespeares-sonnets/

• Like 2

TO, Begin, I can say with A lot of CONfidence that printers, engravers, and architects for centuries have used geometry along with rulers, squares, compasses, and other tools to create perfectly arranged works. Today we have PhotoShop, Illustrator, and other high-end software to help, but we use the same techniques that the ancients used.

When I was in school it was drilled into us that every graphic design needs to be mathematically perfect. Every line, the placement of every word, letter, visual element, everything including blank spaces needs to be just right. When a design is perfect, there is beauty that the viewer experiences. They don't even know why it is perfect, but it is easy on the eye and makes one feel good. They should feel Love. A sloppy or amateur design, even though the viewer does not why, they feel uncomfortable and perhaps even angry on some level. 

The Sonnets designs were on purpose, whatever formulas they used. We can just know they measured and calculated every letter and element.

It is possible they used this divine proportion as it was around and I am sure they knew about it. They also had a wealth of other mathematical formulas in their tool box to use.  Same today as it was 400 years ago.

Scaled so the lines match up using the O in Sonnets as a starting point, as already presented above:

image.thumb.png.7625165f06cb86aa658aa429ff8446f9.png

Oh, my first line? Just for fun. You do know TO is 33 Simple cipher, right?

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

It’s a fascinating thing to play around with. I could do this for hours!

I spent some time last night and since I woke up this morning playing with it as well. I've been putting it over some Bacon frontpieces, etc. with interesting results.

On the Sonnets page, to get the lines to match, the length is off. So as a graphic designer, it is not perfect. But still very cool and may have been used. If the lines were the correct length, it would be more convincing to me.

I like the way it fits on the Bacon frontpiece engraving below, but I can't say it is perfect. 😉

But a lot of the lines to match up, and there is an eye in one of the small circles.

image.thumb.png.3b1979e4701a3467f86bf467ff623d03.png

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

I really enjoyed his YouTube video. I considered it brilliant!

I did feel he may have drifted off a bit, but I had never looked at the stops on that page and it opened up new possibilities.

There is one triangle that is important in the Sonnets Dedication poem design I present. When I center the stops in the Dedication poem I arrange them like this:

image.thumb.png.d5eeb80e1e7e139722b0f3700a8937de.png

One of his triangles works perfectly:

image.thumb.png.1c2d5ab2187e653f42510b3880a61a24.png

See how it fits:

image-4.thumb.jpg.767a50ea89aaf139338f223dab3dd7e6.jpg

Those stops may hint at how to arrange the stops in the poem. It is a perfect fit.

Alan Green did great geometrical mathematical work on those spots. He goes on to find the lat/lon of the Pyramids. Cool, but I'm not convinced. He makes a nice argument and there are some good possibilities and/or coincidences. But the simpler version is to use that particular triangle in the poem to center and arrange the spots.

Using the same triangle (within less than a degree or so) he then argues that they predicted the Speed of Light. The numbers could be there, but again it is just a simple 4x7 Right Triangle. I'm not sold on that and he does mention that was not discovered until much later.

Using the centered spots using the 4x7 Right Triangle as a guide, then reading the poem from the bottom up draws this design:

image.thumb.png.a0fd4714862c82e6670eb1fc37ef596a.png

T T
Setting Forth
(being the 4th word) in the Adventurer (the name of the ship that sailed in 1609
for Bermuda?)
By Wishing Well (or could be Well-Wishing, but I flip the words with the hyphen as a hint)
Wisheth Living Ever (again flipping the words "Ever-Living" with the hyphen, but not necessary)
Our Poet Promised These Sonnets
To the Onlie
And Ensuing Eternitie
That Begetter of All Happinesse
W Mr H
(H being simple cipher 8, or F + B for Francis Bacon, thus Worshipful Master Francis
Bacon)

Use a little imagination and complete the design and we have this:

image.thumb.png.7e36f7a77bc1482b1e1466c233013533.png

Compared to the Royal Arch Degree medal.

Six Pointed Star, Pyramid, Sun with Rays, "hanging Basket" (BACON). The Triple T is in the poem in several places.

Royal-jewel-gold.jpg.b8862818e51a71516bcd8197ef2db498.jpg

Anyway, Alan Green is an amazing mathematician, genius. But he sure gets way out there and his latest Oxfordian stuff appears to be a stretch even for him. The way he finds a calendar in the Sonnets is far from perfect. He makes some great points and is correct the Sonnets contains a lot about Time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think he was bought out and sold his reputation for fame and money to the Oxies. Too bad, a brilliant guy.

I made several attempts to reach him and my messages never got through using his public email address and one given to me by someone who knows him.

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Let me apologize as I bet I sound arrogant. Alan's videos are very worth watching, he demonstrates some amazing work. He is a great speaker, has high quality graphics and video production. He is brilliant, an academic, has a PHD which he earned, so on.

But I think he goes off base.

Do I ever do that? LOL 😉

More times than I care to think about. It is easy to get off track and see things that are more imagination that reality. I am guilty too often, but I think he is too on a few things.

I do think it is possible Dee came back from his travels with knowledge about the Pyramids and the spots may hint at it. I'm just not convinced, especially when a simpler purpose works without having to use the "outside" edge of a dot to make it fit when the centers of the spots make a perfect Right Triangle with an obvious application on the very next page which the world knows is a puzzle.

Speed of Light? An incredible coincidence I think. One of those formulas where the numbers show up big and small; As Above, So Below. Micro/Macrocosm.

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

I could hardly get to the end. I'm intrigued as to why I felt this way when you find him a good speaker.

I think he is a great speaker because I am a terrible speaker! I have PTSD from a book report I gave in Junior HS in 1977 ("Welcome to the Monkey House" by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.). Within my first few words looking at the cover of the book I started laughing, then the class went hysterical, including the teacher. It was a ten minute laugh-fest, I couldn't get a word out.

Even years later in College I always saw those silly monkeys holding their hands out on the cover of the book whenever I had to speak in class.

I actually loved the book and had a lot to say, but couldn't get it out.

image.thumb.png.332168a7eff31b17902c83dd6c843993.png

I have never been able to stand in front of people and speak without thinking about it. LOL

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->