The Encoded Direction from Shakespeare's Grave to Bacon's Grave

It is my belief that the inscription on the wall above William Shakespeare's grave in Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-Upon-Avon conceals a short message containing the exact direction (bearing/heading) from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave in St. Michael's church in St. Albans. I will post a series of posts here, that will end up with presenting how I think the message is concealed. All the bearings referred to in these posts are initial bearings, that is: the initial bearing from A to B, is the angle measured at A between the 0° North meridian and a tangent at A to the great circle through A and B. It is not important to understand this concept, rather: the initial bearing is the same as the "Heading" that the Ruler in Google Earth measures:

image.png.35d4af3204eb9c8f6c3b279c5e794406.png 

[Edit: In a further series of posts on this thread I show how the line from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave leads us to discover a 3-4-5-triangle. This involves things built in 1593, with the implication that the structures presented in this thread were planned long before Shakespeare and Bacon were actually buried in the two churches that are the starting point here. The precision of the bearings/headings in these puzzles is a mystery. We know that the gifted mathematician Thomas Harriot (born the same year as Bacon) was intensely focused on Great Circle navigation and the mathematics of Great Circles, and that Harriot seemed prone to secrecy: "Harriot never published any of his discoveries, for reasons which are not known." ]

I would first like to give an example indicating that Francis Bacon was preoccupied with bearings between geographical locations.

It is well known to most members of this forum, that if we add the numbers corresponding to the letters in FRANCIS BACON, we get the sum of 100. How the letters should be associated with numbers depends on which alphabet we use, but the association of letters with numbers seen on page 141 in Gustavus Selenus’ cipher manual Cryptomenitices et Cryptographiae from 1624, is the one that results in the sum of 100 for the letters in FRANCIS BACON, and that alphabet consists of the same 24 letters Bacon used when presenting his bilateral cipher.

Bacon chose to be (at least officially) buried in St. Michael's Church in St. Albans. I believe there is a significant connection between this church and the sum corresponding to the letters in FRANCIS BACON. In the image below, you can see that the orientation of the church almost perfectly aligns with a bearing of 100.00 degrees:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Hen. W.
  • Wow! 2

Now, there is a further significance to this bearing, which could be interpreted as linking Francis Bacon with William Shakespeare. Among the authors Shakespeare cherished, Ovid is often cited as his favorite. That is the answer ChatGPT gave when I asked it, and it conforms with the views of Shakespeare-scholar Jonathan Bate, who has written a book about Shakespeare's relation to Ovid:

image.png.c1cf60e6bb58f40e679388621ebc628f.pngimage.png.ad97d3c80274acda8f5004297e586e9b.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The exact location of Ovid's grave is not known, but we do know that he died while he was exiled to the Romanian city Tomis, now called Constanta, and that he was buried there. Connected to the 100 degree orientation of St. Michael's Church in St. Albans, the interesting point is now that extending the 100.00 degree line from the church containing Bacon's grave leads directly to Constanta (formerly Tomis).

The Italian sculptor Ettore Ferrari, who for several years was Grand Master of the Italian Freemasons, responsible for several masonic monuments, made a statue of Ovid, which is prominently located at the center of the old town in Constanta. The exact bearing from Bacon's grave to this statue is 99.98 degrees.

image.png.6dc77b00eb5c28ee767564404082c396.png

Edited by Hen. W.
  • Wow! 2

Posted (edited)

These geographical connections between Bacon, the church where he was buried, the cipher sum of his name and Ovid suggest that Bacon was preoccupied with geographical bearings. The connection between Bacon and Ovid, Shakespeare's favorite author, could further be interpreted as hinting at Bacon's involvement with the works of Shakespeare.

I now turn to how I think the bearing from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave in St. Michael's church in St. Albans is concealed in the inscription on the wall above William Shakespeare's grave in Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-Upon-Avon. We can begin by observing that letter number 100 in the inscription (when ligatures are counted as one letter) is the F in SO FAST:

image.png.2e2e347555415b48afbbe24510fea08d.png

image.png.2023724d53fd795de8721fbed018ea86.png

Edited by Hen. W.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The English part of the inscription begins with these words:

STAY PASSENGER, WHY GOEST THOV BY SO FAST, READ IF THOV CANST,

It is possible to interpret these words as being about the expression SO FAST, saying something like

STOP, YOU WHO READ THIS, WHY DON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION TO "SO FAST", READ IF YOU CAN.

Thus, these words can be read as an invitation to pay extra attention to the words SO FAST, and indicating that SO FAST has to be read in a special way.

Let us do that, and take a closer look at SO FAST. The two words can be read as SO: F AS T, expressing in a compact way, a message similar to IN THIS WAY: (the letter) F AS (the letter) T, telling us that here the letter F has been substituted by the letter T.

Using Bacon's 24-letter alphabet (known from his bilateral cipher) a Caesar-cipher substituting the T back to an F means moving 11 steps forward in the alphabet: T V W X Y Z A B C D E F. If we now apply this 11-step movement on all the letters in SO F AS T, the letters SO F AS T are changed to EAR ME F:

image.png.c19f1772f7d644b743ce4d70081b5c3c.png

According to The Oxford English Dictionary, the word EAR could (at the time when the inscription in The Holy Trinity Church was made) be understood as a verb meaning GIVE EAR TO (or LISTEN TO):

image.png.62a4ff204fd6a76b1ac282b632b53c46.png

Edited by Hen. W.
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

EAR ME F could therefore be understood as GIVE EAR TO ME F or LISTEN TO ME F. Could ME F here be a reference to ME FRANCIS, and thereby to Francis Bacon? In my view there are five main reasons to think that we are meant to find EAR ME F hidden "beneath" SO F AS T in the way I have presented, and that ME F refers to Francis Bacon.

First, the F in SO F AS T is letter number 100 in the inscription, corresponding to the sum of FRANCIS BACON. Secondly, as already mentioned, STAY PASSENGER, WHY GOEST THOV BY SO FAST, READ IF THOV CANST, can be read as asking us to pay extra attention to SO FAST. Thirdly, SO FAST read as SO F AS T contains in itself a description of how EAR ME F has been hidden, and thereby gives us a key to find the concealed message.

The fourth reason is that the inscription in Holy Trinity Church includes hints at how EAR ME F should be extended to EAR ME FB, giving us both of Bacon's initials. The fifth reason is that EAR ME F and EAR ME FB can be read as giving us the exact direction (bearing) from Holy Trinity Church to Bacon's grave in St. Albans.

Let us first look at the hints at how EAR ME F should be extended to EAR ME FB. To get EAR ME FB with an 11-step Caesar-cipher, we have to add a P last in SO F AS T:

image.png.ae46699609dc72de03d26b27a68bd7a0.png

• Like 2

A hint to the effect that we should indeed add a P last in SO F AS T is found immediately below SO F AS T, where the word PLACED has been given the unusual spelling PLAST, which can be read as P LAST:

image.png.c715a980324ef1376b056fbeccce4c68.png

The idea that PLAST should be read as P LAST might be hinted at by how P LAST is placed further out in the right margin than the end of the other lines in the inscription, above the very last letter in the inscription, which is a P, and which is also placed further out in the right margin than the other lines. Since this last letter is both a P and the LAST letter of the inscription, the purpose could be to confirm the reading of PLAST as P LAST.

• Like 2

The message EAR ME FB understood as GIVE EAR TO ME FB, invites the question what FB is trying to tell us. We should listen to him, but what is his message? This could be a message concealed elsewhere in the inscription, but I think a main point here is that EAR ME FB contains two messages: It asks us to listen, pay attention, and simultaneously gives us the exact bearing from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave.

The bearing is given by the word EAR. I think the E should be understood as the standard abbreviation for EAST, while AR should be converted to a number. Using the same association between letters and numbers that we find in what is sometimes referred to as Bacon's "Simple Cipher", and which was presented on page 141 in Gustavus Selenus’ cipher manual Cryptomenitices et Cryptographiae from 1624, the letter A corresponds to the number 1, while the letter R corresponds to the number 17:

image.png.2967bed04b2c571123a12b008c77bddd.png

• Like 2

EAR can therefore be changed to E 117, and the message EAR ME FB becomes E 117 ME FB, where I understand E 117 as giving us the direction (bearing) to ME FB, that is, to Francis Bacon: 117 degrees towards east. Using the ruler in Google Earth, one will find that a bearing of 117 degrees from Shakespeare's grave brings us very close to Francis Bacon's grave in St. Michael's Church in St. Albans. With an exact bearing of 117.00 degrees, we end up about 20 meters from the church where Bacon was buried. The exact direction from Shakespeare's grave to the church is 116.98 degrees. (Anyone can easily confirm these measurements in Google Earth).

image.png.b657c01752ae769ed8f3f9f47c669abd.png

image.png.2cc07dee3cfd45f6babff150ce63bed0.png

• Wow! 2

Posted (edited)

Interpreting EAR ME FB as E 117 ME FB thus brings us almost exactly from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave. As the images above shows, the distance between the two graves (or two churches) is approximately 105 kilometers, and it is relevant to ask whether scientists in the early 17th century would be able to calculate bearings that precise over such a distance. 

We also find a hint immediately above SO FAST / SO F AS T supporting the idea that the Stratford-inscription contains a message giving us the direction from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave, where we can read OLYMPUS HABET (Olympus possesses him). This refers to Mount Olympus, the home of the Greek Gods, and can be interpreted as supporting the idea of a an encoded line to Bacon's grave, since a line from Shakespeare's grave to the peak of Mount Olumpus (Mytikas) passes through St. Albans, about 450 meters north of Bacon's grave:

image.png.8cb3f7d4f66595cab2d4b043f209192d.png

[Edit: Later in this thread it will be clear why EAR ME F is more directly encoded in the epitaph than EAR ME FB. Also this concerns the bearing of a significant line.]

Edited by Hen. W.
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Hen. W. said:

Interpreting EAR ME FB as E 117 ME FB thus brings us almost exactly from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave. As the images above shows, the distance between the two graves (or two churches) is approximately 105 kilometers, and it is relevant to ask whether scientists in the early 17th century would be able to calculate bearings that precise over such a distance. Either way, I thought these ideas were interesting enough to present them here.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the B'Hive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Welcome to the B'Hive Mr H. W. 😊

And thank you for sharing.🙏

This is, indeed, very interesting !

Here are some thoughts that came to my mind as I was reading your great posts ...

On the line beginning with "Stay Passenger ..." there are 32 letters if we count the "TH" of "Thou" as one.

Thus, the LAST "P" is the 33rd letter ( 33 = BACON).

Notice that in fact the 33rd letter is the letter "R" of "READ" and  the Greek letter P is equivalent to the Roman letter R.

There is also, evidently, the famous  link between FAST and BACON on page 222 of the First Folio.

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/SLNSW_F1/240/?zoom=1275

image.png.6d3a8282d56d4bbe4038564cadd4fa8e.png

And the distance between Shakespeare's Grave and Bacon's Grave is interesting.

Indeed, 104.66 is between 104 and 105 Km.

104 is the simple cipher of PALLAS ATHENA, the Spear-Shaker, Francis Bacon's Muse.

image.png.33db67de2106539d021d3403b8f34158.png

196 (reverse cipher of PALLAS ATHENA) is also the simple cipher of VVILLIAM SHAKESPEARE.

Thank you again Hen. W.

• Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Great observations connecting FAST and Bacon, Allisnum2er!

The idea that FAST read as F AS T indicates an 11-step Caesar-cipher seems to be hinted at at the beginning of Sonnet number 11. Including the number above the sonnet, the sonnet begins with 

11 AS F AS T

And under the number 11, we find SO FAST, the two words from the Stratford-inscription:

image.png.b5d165d584ad57c9279d286b6cee144a.png

There are several hints connected to counting here. We find COUNT THE CLOCK beneath the number 12, and THREESCOORE, which is 60, is the number of minutes in an hour, and also word number 60 in sonnet 11.

• Wow! 2

5 hours ago, Hen. W. said:

Great observations connecting FAST and Bacon, Allisnum2er!

The idea that FAST read as F AS T indicates an 11-step Caesar-cipher seems to be hinted at at the beginning of Sonnet number 11. Including the number above the sonnet, the sonnet begins with 

11 AS F AS T

And under the number 11, we find SO FAST, the two words from the Stratford-inscription:

image.png.b5d165d584ad57c9279d286b6cee144a.png

There are several hints connected to counting here. We find COUNT THE CLOCK beneath the number 12, and THREESCOORE, which is 60, is the number of minutes in an hour, and also word number 60 in sonnet 11.

That's great, Hen. W. !

Following your idea, here are some another things suggesting that, indeed, there might be a link between the Straford-inscription, this page of the Shakespeare's Sonnets and Francis Bacon.

image.png.76bc99af6cea26d72d8563780a77aae6.png

10 + 11 + 12 = 33 = BACON

"carv'd"  is the 100th word of Sonnet 11       100 = FRANCIS BACON

"seale" is the 104th word         104 = PALLAS ATHENA

• Wow! 2

Yann! You are AMAZING!

This page of the Sonnets, I know it so well. It's as if you walked into my living room with a candle revealing things I missed all these years! 🙂

Did you know that it is Bacon's birthday when Sonnet 10 begins on this page?

https://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line0125

image.png.3f4cea05e238121cad0539b6446d3879.png

See above that the first complete Line of January 22 is Line 126.

I guess it is a coincidence that Sonnet 126 is one of two Sonnets that do not have 14 lines. Sonnet 126 has 12. A curiosity about Sonnet 126 is that it is the only Sonnet of all 154 where the Simple cipher of the first letters are 157 and the Kaye cipher is 287. It's the only one, and that is using the modern 26 letter count.

To get back to this page, Sonnet 11 is the last Sonnet of the first Tier in the Pyramid Design. It finishes after 11 Sonnets and 26 Days, because there are 11 Sonnets and 26 Days in all 14 Tiers. The math works that way, no magic, yet beautiful.

If you add up all the first letters of the 14 Lines of Sonnet 11 you get 157 Simple cipher. To me that "Seals" the first Tier. But there is more that it seals. When Bacon wrote (read note later*) that "She caru'd thee for her seale,". In my mind that means Elizabeth with Dee's advice named him "William" who was "William Tudor" and after he was King and had a son to be William II, our Bacon would be "William Tudor I" which is 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher.

So anyway, back to the page.

Yann, I see there are 222 words on this page before "seale". And I think you said something about, "...the famous link between FAST and BACON on page 222 of the First Folio."

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/doc/Son_Q1/page/9/index.html

image.png.35de8e66046eb12ea37ad6f670707575.png

For what its worth, there are 287 words on this page. But, hey, it does start with Bacon's birthday. 🙂

image.png.a5ff182d98610b10389d88d107dc0c41.png

The message here is that Elizabeth named her son William and to fulfill being her Seal (157/287) forever, he needed to be the First, "William Tudor I". She could not let that copy die, or it was the end of her Seal being realized. Dee behind the whole fiasco, including the "Virgin" mother concept.

So tragic and sad.

* Note: I am critiquing Dr. Orville Ward Owen on another thread because I can't imagine his wheel working, and here I am living in a cipher design that nobody can imagine works. Irony by definition. LOL

😉

Speaking of Line 155:

• Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Posted (edited)

Returning to my original topic, I just want to add one more point supporting the idea that the Stratford-inscription contains a message giving us the direction from Shakespeare's grave to Bacon's grave:

The use of Bacon's initials in EAR ME FB = E 117 ME FB could be motivated by the fact that the number corresponding to Bacon's initials gives us the bearing of the line in the opposite direction, from Bacon's grave to Shakespeare's grave. FB = 62. Drawing a line with a bearing of 62.00 degrees anti-clockwise (equal to 298.00 degrees clockwise), the line ends up about 60 meters south of Shakespeare's grave in Holy Trinity Church:

image.png.faf7ed205ff8aaf46f76a09625eb30e5.png

Edited by Hen. W.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Did you know that it is Bacon's birthday when Sonnet 10 begins on this page?

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your kind comment.

And sorry but I must admit that I had forgotten that, by following your pyramid, Bacon's Birthday (22) began on this page ! That's great ! 😊

Contrariwise, I remembered your take on Sonnet 11 and its link with the seal 157/257.😉

And I like your short video ! Straight to the point !

On passing, I think that you should be vigilant with the program you use for the "word count".

Indeed, it seems, that it counts the words with an apostrophe ( "bear'st", " belov'd", "indow'd" ,"grow'st" ... )  as two words.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

On passing, I think that you should be vigilant with the program you use for the "word count".

Indeed, it seems, that it counts the words with an apostrophe ( "bear'st", " belov'd", "indow'd" ,"grow'st" ... )  as two words.

I use MS Word and have thought I was cheating. When I count a bunch of words or letters without MS I can get different results every time. LOL

This is MS Word on teh first line and I see nine words counting the hyphenated "bear'st" as one.

image.png.14171a2b9eaa7464f8c2f1fe1dceced8.png

I am watching our share of this Day 99 eclipse. I think we get 67% and there is a big bite out of the Sun right now. Funny the Line we are in right now, during Day 99.

We are in Line 586 which is Line 12 of Sonnet 42. Most years this is April 9 which is the day Bacon "died." But even in a leap year we are on Day 99 which is the day Bacon "died" as well. 😉

https://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line0586

And both for my sake lay on me this crosse,

image.png.74e50fea72c43323a4b09117892ba86f.png

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

4 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

And I like your short video ! Straight to the point !

Thank you, Yann.

I paid for a few professional videos a few years ago by a wholesale subscription service that I was using for client videos. My paid level allowed me to create a few of my own and of course Bacon was the only thing I cared about. The above video was one, exactly 60 seconds with a script I wrote using their format and requirements. I provided some graphics and they did the voices on all my videos. They turned out nice for having outside people do the videos. I figure they ended up costing me about $1,200 to $1,800 each in the long run. If one has an actual product to sell, the cost may well pay off in a good way. My problem is that I am not selling anything so they are like donations into the void. LOL

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

My original thought was to explain how a part of the line from Shakespeare's grave, through St. Albans to Mount Olympus is the hypotenuse of an exact 3-4-5-triangle, but I will leave it at this. If someone should want to try to find the 3-4-5-triangle by themselves, it involves two star forts built in 1593, the year Shakespeare published the first work under his own name (Venus and Adonis). My guess is that 1593 was highlighted in this way since pi approximated with seven digits is 3.141593.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hen. W. said:

My original thought was ...

Please expand on your original thought. 🙂

Don't count on very many people to take a clue and run with it. Even if we wanted to, time is a factor.

I am one of many who would sit back and enjoy reading what you can share. 🙂

3-4-5 makes sense, I want to see it!

I downloaded Google Earth Pro so I could use the Ruler you use. It's an amazing tool.

Do the measurements adjust to the tilt of the Earth? Some numbers came up in the Ruler for me that I did not expect, but I haven't tried to figure them out yet. I was using two points on the same latitude across a couple thousand miles and the heading kept telling me 76.6 degrees when I expected 90.

I was probably doing something wrong, or something was not checked or enabled. It is a great tool!! Even just for fun!

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

9 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Please expand on your original thought. 🙂

Don't count on very many people to take a clue and run with it. Even if we wanted to, time is a factor.

I am one of many who would sit back and enjoy reading what you can share. 🙂

3-4-5 makes sense, I want to see it!

I downloaded Google Earth Pro so I could use the Ruler you use. It's an amazing tool.

Do the measurements adjust to the tilt of the Earth? Some numbers came up in the Ruler for me that I did not expect, but I haven't tried to figure them out yet. I was using two points on the same latitude across a couple thousand miles and the heading kept telling me 76.6 degrees when I expected 90.

I was probably doing something wrong, or something was not checked or enabled. It is a great tool!! Even just for fun!

Thanks Rob, I will return to this later.

You are not doing anything wrong when the bearing from a point to another point with the same latitude is not 90 degrees. Points with the same latitude are on the same latitude circles (the "horisontal" circles on a globe), but these are not great circles, which are what the ruler is tracing (illustrated by the line from P to Q below). You can see this if you turn on the grid in Google Earth. It is only at the equator that lines between points with the same latitude will have a bearing of 90 degrees.  

image.png.747b54a3d64a35584e05b9f5f76991f4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hen. W. said:

Points with the same latitude are on the same latitude circles (the "horisontal" circles on a globe), but these are not great circles, which are what the ruler is tracing (illustrated by the line from P to Q below).

I did not know this! Thanks for the explanation. I'm now a little bit smarter than I was. 😉

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

In my view, the main purpose of the two almost parallel lines, from Shakespeare’s grave to Bacon’s grave and from Shakespeare’s grave past Bacon’s grave to the peak of Mount Olympus, is to signal Bacon’s involvement in Shakespeare’s literary production. In the next posts I will argue that these lines lead us to a 3-4-5-triangle connecting geographical locations that in several ways relate to Shakespeare and Bacon, and to facts about The First Folio, Freemasonry and the Rosicrucians. (I am not going to argue that there are connections between Shakespeare, Bacon, the Freemasons and the Rosicrucians, as there is plenty of material covering those topics on this site).

A 3-4-5-triangle is a right-angled triangle where the lengths of the sides are in the proportions 3 : 4 : 5. The significance of the right-angled triangle to the Freemasons is attested by the illustration of Pythagoras’ Theorem on the title page of Anderson’s The Constitution of the Free-masons (1723), as well as Anderson’s claim that Proposition 47 of Euclid’s Book I of The Elements, where the Pythagorean Theorem is proved, is “the Foundation of all Masonry”.

image.png.5f89f5f46bdc82d48efe35b610add54b.png

• Like 1