To him that bears the strong offence's cross

Line 474 of the Sonnets is the title of this post.

Line 12 of Sonnet 34: This year, being a Leap Year it is in March 20, other years it is March 19. Pretty much, the Spring Equinox happens within a day either way.

https://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line0474

image.png.6ca7b159cc0fa312177f96284bdaeb4f.png

For many years I have studied these Sonnets doing my best to connect the dots between the seasons and Sonnets. The line containing the word, "cross" is a perfect fit for when the Sun crosses the line in the sky that makes the difference between Winter and Spring. Line 474 fits like a glove.

Don't we all love this line in Sonnet 34?

Here is a very popular Sonnets website:

https://shakespeares-sonnets.com/sonnet/34

image.png.57d57c9d1b85be76d74828a1c2f68228.png

The word, "cross" appears at the Spring Equinox, at the end of Line 474. I love it!

But, there is a problem. And this problem makes me ask a lot of questions.

The original 1609 text does not say, "cross", it says "losse."

To him that beares the strong offenses losse.

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/UC_Q1_Son/15/?work=son&zoom=500

image.png.4b837f45e5829f6dec5227fd7bac13f3.png

My question is who changed this word and when? Modern texts say, "cross."

To him that bears the strong offence's cross

The modern matches the Sonnets Pyramid design to the seasons, at least the Spring Equinox.

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Rob!

Sorry I've been too busy to comment lately. I've traveled to Utah (with my grandmother), researched and written a lot more about Sarah Winchester (which I plan to post in the next few days, maybe weeks), and prepared a lecture about a local historic neighborhood for the Portland Architectural Heritage Center. In short, not too much time to devote to the Forums. 

I've been catching up on some recent posts, and this is the first one I decided to comment on. Not to discredit your Pyramid Hypothesis (a hypothesis which I do, in fact, adhere to myself), it does seem interesting that the word "Crosse" was added later. What is the earliest known version of Sonnet 34 to make use of that word?

And as for Sarah Winchester, I'll leave you with a teaser - just a few more discoveries:

1. It appears, from historical records and photographs, that Mrs. Winchester DID NOT make a single addition to the House after 1906. Despite repairing the damage from the earthquake, she did not return to the House until about 1915 - some years before her death. 

2. The name Llanada Villa may hold a much deeper meaning...

• Wow! 1

You went to Utah!?

Recently FB Decipherer has been posting and he lives in Wyoming. If you and your Grandma are still in Utah and driving, go east to Vernal and head north into the Bighorn Basin to meet FB. You all could find a fossil or chunk of bone much older than Shakespeare while you share some Baconian brilliance. 🙂

I've been so homesick for the wide open west. Wish we could ALL meet in Steamboat Springs. Sigh.

You took photos I hope. Study any architectural sites? I know you have some interest.

I've been dreaming about Colorado and the surrounding area at night.

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Yeah, unfortunately, we're back already. I'll post pictures in a bit. 

I just got into a nasty row with my mother about... well, you probably don't want to know. Anyhow, I'm still a bit shaken.

Alright - I'll tell you why we argued: It was my OCD. I spent about two hours this morning trying to dig out a hair on my face with a pair of tweezers. Lots of blood, lots of drama. And a big, ugly scar. It was not a happy morning. 

She says I need exposure therapy - Ironic, because I suffered through an entire ERP (Exposure/Response Prevention) program almost four years ago. I told her she could throw away the tweezers and make me sign a statement granting her that permission, but she said, "You've got to learn to keep the tweezers and just not use them."

Wise advice.

AP1GczM7n_OwPam_Tw4XSJ_I2TskzIqU9GHluJY2pbIFZlkTcm7VnPXRaakFk9hNHqZNz5J_YvkA5ND6u0a0jM61moBsILzgmOdEq6ezB3HoUQmGyyfjGhkyN0K90M-wU77WUEpB0_0xx5rEKTL8d5XQhFnUMJv16gUfcZAHsTVc8oaAAJf-qPBNOQ03EyKx8zBcjXMh1wtQvkGu0obxoIlzE6NBskK4jJ4GnrUMv3AAbfAO1xtps_5sKaV9mU-qDzWTRKvAIssflAiCS0A--fYKY7ficG0DjDgiIlDfCuwUXEVa_VmoC9oW9LK6Po5e514z3qvXrIDhQOG_pfzaNkO_N1qdYgFIcwVDyck3mWGkzeSFXF3cZPgwXnpMsJIjhvvZ6VwIp-wwkUP9NF-Cu82sVxEJ0uE-PJd3A9br1UgP9BkdBcie6gQs0JYilyjdMT4BNZ8XHdbIaIXZUi9NGiQqXp9lgwFa_6SRg0w75G-_qc7KKbuqNhzdyvbjnZn7EQl0Jy6uh0WefOWDHINCLqhfZYheJSQHjkPlIglQ6iJhNSEIhN-afgnpH7R59IhgtJPk6AnlmBZsfRI7MkwDtWQfDnsmo6K53Y8q97gJOnp_4slzB8dWL_KnL2TBGbhQHBgjkHP4fArFZnoHJ8jsG57xCrURjbbsRhitcWEcqRg6mDfENpc2-MUQLB9Y7NMU81fwKXW8BKjtfCGBDG45YZncmIYLPTZu9kRUjroSh6CcFZPGG6H7dvodYfQWY7YNJfoBSJn5LWKtAKRATb8vQB0I5-jIzcmUzzbF6aQKjl63TwHyAjZxPgXH7sAVriyW86lfHweBGzg_oqsBRWw7veNm1kLGj63RLdmBfnyc8JIPfZW7sNIWYCBEh41NuxTdBxEUd3VDVO_KIoWjCxEMqp8pahYg=w469-h624-s-no-gm?authuser=0

The only known photograph of author and Baconian M. W. Haines in which he is not wearing some kind of visually creative eyewear. From left: Ron (unknown last name; boyfriend of Rei), Rei Shore (Marvin's close friend and former arch-nemesis), Marvin Haines. These three are pictured on the 6th of April, A. L. 2024 in the Imax Theater of the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), about to witness a computer named HALL 9000 refuse to let an astronaut named Dave into a spaceship, the name of which Marvin Haines does not remember. Image courtesy of Rei Shore.

Edited by Marvin Haines
  • Wow! 1

30 minutes ago, Marvin Haines said:

Alright - I'll tell you why we argued: It was my...

Welcome to the club of whatever is wrong with us. Myself, I took waaaaaayyyyyy to many psychedelics when I was young. 🙂

Some of us in this club become Baconians. Others become world leaders or billionaires.

Good to see a pic of you without the gear! You look exactly like you always look to me, but I am one to appreciate no makeup or extra distractions.

You do have a bow-tie on though. 🙂

Bet you have a cool Grandma.

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->