How many letters in the famous name?

peethagoras

Greetings all fellow cipher hunters.

I have a question that bothers me.  It is this:

Compare VVilliam Shakespeare with William Shakespeare.

I count 19 letters and 18 letters.

Numerically, one gives 177 but the other gives 196. Which one is the correct version?

thanks for looking 😵‍💫

• Like 3

The man in the moone was not a buffoon

19 hours ago, peethagoras said:

Greetings all fellow cipher hunters.

I have a question that bothers me.  It is this:

Compare VVilliam Shakespeare with William Shakespeare.

I count 19 letters and 18 letters.

Numerically, one gives 177 but the other gives 196. Which one is the correct version?

thanks for looking 😵‍💫

This is a question I still wrestle with after 25 years. The are several places in the Sonnets where W is two V's and at times they are not touching.

The two V's were how the printers printed a W, so I tend to go with a single count for VV. For practical purposes two V's combined were the one letter W.

That said, I have come across places where if I count them as two distinct letters, for example a line starting with V instead of W the results can be quite interesting and fit like a cheveril glove. I'm sorry I can't pull a good reference out of my head right now as it is a bit cluttered up there.

For me, when considering gematria hints and signatures, I stick with the single W for any VV that comes up. But that is not carved in stone and especially if there is noticeable space between the two V's I might spend a moment to see what those numbers might refer to.

If you look at Elizabethan works there at times other letters that print together as one combined, but I count them individually. One combination we see is "st" which to us looks like "fs" as one letter.

image.png.b6e143f7fc21142e0638b623121875fd.png

• Like 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Hi LOT, yes thanks for the reply.

I can see what you are saying. From my perspective and pet theory, I take it that VV in William is either 23 or 40, depending on what is to be understood. What I mean is that the standard W in the name will affect the resultant number 177, and this is so well known that nobody is going to challenge it are they? But if VV = 20 + 20, or 40, then instead of 177 we get 196.

From where I see it, John Dee engineered the name for RC purposes, and to see his mark we need only take the root of 196, and hey presto we find Dee down there.

DEE only surfaces when the first letter/s VV sum to 40: that being the product of K and D 😧 to grasp that requires a reading of Dee's diaries, and the character Edward Kelly. In there Dee uses Δ K to symbolize their names. But it was simple method of allowing him to make his own initial D (Δ) into the full number 14, by adding D to K.

Edited by peethagoras
added missing text, corrected error
  • Like 2

The man in the moone was not a buffoon

4 minutes ago, peethagoras said:

I can see what you are saying. From my perspective and pet theory, I take it that VV in William is either 23 or 44, depending on what is to be understood. What I mean is that the standard W in the name will affect the resultant number 177, and this is so well known that nobody is going to challenge it are they? But if VV = 20 + 20, or 40, then instead of 177 we get 196.

VVILL is 103 Kaye cipher using the 26 Letter codes which I believe there are some definite examples in Shakespeare's works, especially the Sonnets. And we know 103 is the Simple cipher for SHAKESPEARE in the traditional 24 Letter codes.

image.png.a8b27c3b06d8d1c8232aeb95645e178a.png

7 minutes ago, peethagoras said:

From where I see it, John Dee engineered the name for RC purposes, and to see his mark we need only take the root of 196, and hey presto we find Dee down there.

DEE only surfaces when the first letter/s VV sum to 40: that being the product of K and 😧 to grasp that requires a reading of Dee's diaries, and the character Edward Kelly. In there Dee uses Δ K to symbolize their names. But it was simple method of allowing him to make his own initial D (Δ) into the full number 14, by adding D to K.

Interesting inDeed! 🙂

• Like 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

For Oxfordians, it is VVILLIAM SHAKESPEARE because it gives VV = 40 (20+20) following by 17 letters, given their famous 1740 that they link to Edward de Vere.

Just for fun, and from my baconian point of view, if 177 = 100 + 77 = FRANCIS BACON + MINERVA (Bacon's Muse),

196 = 119 + 77 = MEDIOCRIA FIRMA (Bacon's motto) + MINERVA (Bacon's Muse).

😊

• Like 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Here is a very short video without music taken from my upcoming "special video" to share with you some of my research on the number 196.

The page number 196 (VVILLIAM SHAKESPEARE simple cipher) of the First Folio is the 213th page by counting from Ben Jonson's epigram "To The Reader".

213 # BAC with 2 + 1 + 3 = 6 # F

F. BAC. stands for Francis Bacon

For me, this page 196 reveals us the identity of the conceal'd poet.

• Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png