Introduction - CAB

Hello, I've had a decades long interest in F. Bacon and nearly as long in the Shakespeare works and authorship question. I became a Rosicrucian in high school and at some point soon thereafter read that Bacon was an early Imperator/Leader of the Rosicrucians of his time and supposedly a secret author of the Shakespeare works. So then, as someone that loved good literature, I started reading Shakespeare and fell in love with those writings. Soon after again I started contacting antiquarian book sellers and buying old books on the Bacon-Shakespeare question. I think I had over a dozen but I became very frustrated at not having anyone to discuss the matter with. And I felt someone doing such research (this was before the internet in probably the 1980s) had to live over in England. My frustration led me to just drop the hobby and I donated all my books on the topic to the library of the Rosicrucian Order.  

Later, with the growing internet availability I became interested in the topic again. There was then more and more books coming out on the authorship topic and about Bacon's life. I started buying and reading all that I could. I think I  have a couple bookcases on it now. Like others I was drawn to the mystery and possibility of rare or secret knowledge. I did find another rosicrucian friend who was also interested so that helped a lot. We'd drive nearly 500 miles nearly every yearl to the big Shakespeare festival down in Ashland Oregon and watch their plays. At some point when I became fairly well read on the topic I found a website of About.com Shakespeare. They had a forum and I saw the manager of that site post some false info on the authorship question. So I responded and then started regularly posting on the authorship question especially with Baconian evidence. These posts started to receive the most views by those coming to the forum. The webiste was owned or at least sponsored by the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.  This was maybe back around 2010 give or take several years. After about a year the website gave up and just deleted the whole forum, not just the authorship categories and posts, but the whole complete Forum itself.  

Later again I found the PlayShakespeare website which was also owned/sponsored by the SBT. It was much more sophisticated and had a great forum area. There was just a little there at the time on the authorship question. Some Oxfordian posts were already there. I started posting Baconian evidence by category. I probably had more than a dozen categories of Bacian evidence. Much of this came from Cockburn's book. Then as some Stratfordians started arguing with me I got involved in some lengthy debates with them. They were pretty challenging and often took much time to research responses. But the material was availalble in several books and the Oxfordians then were doing some very good research and writing to counter the Stratfordians, so I used their material too. There were also several Stratfordian books that came out arguing for the Stratford man and I would review those. One of those I responded to pretty much chapter by chapter. Eventually they too realized they were losing badly and they too totally shut down the authorship posts and discussions. They still have their own mainstream forum posts but they have apparently deleted the very large mass of authorship posts from me and others and no longer allow such. 

Then I started my own blog on Google and began postings a great amount of Baconian evidence there along with various posts on new news or developments.  I'm not even sure now what all. It's been I think over a decade that I've had it and it now has over 183,000 views. It used to get a lot more regular attention but I think Google,at someone's request, has made it harder for those interested to search and find it. The general Shakespeare enthusiast seems to me to be very interested in the authorship question.

Also, during this time, after reading some of the older Baconian books that discussed ciphers and codes. I started to have a strong interest in that area. I would read and try to understand some of the evidence but I found it difficult to really see and evaluate it and then the counting of words and letters in various cipher candidates just seemed crazy to me. But I stayed with the struggle and eventually something like a  flash of intuition struck me and I could start seeing the ciphers just as they were described or maybe with a little correction. I started to collect the ones I liked best, not for the sake of publishing anything but just so I had my own  collection for myself. As I better understood the method in the apparent madness of it I started looking for some myself. I found more excellent ones from past Baconians and many more on my own. I do understand why many, even Baconians, don't like the Cipher evidence. It takes a fair amount of time to become confortable with it to the extent one is pretty confident in the quality of each one. Most may not ever get to that point. 

Then some years ago it just seemed that the authorship question was fading away. The Stratfordians now just try to ignore it or dismiss it out of hand. Probably because they keep losing all the arguments and their funding/grants/reputations are at stake. The Oxfordians have stayed pretty active but they really just care about being chosen the winners, as opposed to discovering the truth wherever it may lie. I've been to several of their conferences and have not always been treated well once they find I'm a Baconian. Once I was told by one of their leaders that I "better get my head right" on the topic. They and other non-Stratdordians seem to think that Peter Dawkins is the last remaining Baconian. Well, at least they do respect him. 

I've been meaning to come back to the SirBacon site for some time. I've just been caught up in other interests. But I'm so very pleased to see the wonderful developments here and the great research by A Phoenix and the writings by others. I think I remember seeing this name here some years ago and that I should write to him/her about some of the postings but just never got around to it. 

Anyhow, I feel comfortable here and am glad to try to keep up with what all is happening. 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 4

9 hours ago, CAB said:

...Then I started my own blog on Google and began postings a great amount of Baconian evidence there along with various posts on new news or developments.  I'm not even sure now what all. It's been I think over a decade that I've had it and it now has over 183,000 views. It used to get a lot more regular attention but I think Google,at someone's request, has made it harder for those interested to search and find it...

We are happy you are here!

What is your blog? Is it still up? I can't image Lawrence and I have not come across. Have we linked to it on SirBacon?

There was a time when SirBacon.org and even my own Light-of-Truth.com did very well on Google. SirBacon.org and Peter's FBRT.org.uk were always in the top authorship sites for some years from the late '90s until maybe the mid 2010's or so when Google began to bury what they considered "conspiracy" websites and Sir Francis Bacon as candidate for Shakespeare Authorship appeared to be in that conspiracy purge they warned against. It is a shame and unfair, especially when they seemed to embrace the gassy candidate. But it is what it is. Even a search for "Sir Francis Bacon" had SirBacon.org on the 13th page until we built this forum 3 years ago. In fact this B'Hive Forum was announced on SirBacon.org 3 years ago today on Feb 3, 2021.

SirBacon.org now comes up at about number 5 in the search results on the first page for a search on "Sir Francis Bacon" for most people. Whew! Finally! It took a lot of time and effort to get it back.

Anyway, welcome to the B' Hive and enjoy being one of us. 🙂

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

9 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

We are happy you are here!

What is your blog? Is it still up? I can't image Lawrence and I have not come across. Have we linked to it on SirBacon?

There was a time when SirBacon.org and even my own Light-of-Truth.com did very well on Google. SirBacon.org and Peter's FBRT.org.uk were always in the top authorship sites for some years from the late '90s until maybe the mid 2010's or so when Google began to bury what they considered "conspiracy" websites and Sir Francis Bacon as candidate for Shakespeare Authorship appeared to be in that conspiracy purge they warned against. It is a shame and unfair, especially when they seemed to embrace the gassy candidate. But it is what it is. Even a search for "Sir Francis Bacon" had SirBacon.org on the 13th page until we built this forum 3 years ago. In fact this B'Hive Forum was announced on SirBacon.org 3 years ago today on Feb 3, 2021.

SirBacon.org now comes up at about number 5 in the search results on the first page for a search on "Sir Francis Bacon" for most people. Whew! Finally! It took a lot of time and effort to get it back.

Anyway, welcome to the B' Hive and enjoy being one of us. 🙂

Rob

Hi Rob

SirBacon.org comes up frequently in my searches. 🙂 Thank you for all you do and have done for all of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Yes, my blog has been posted here for some time. It's listed under Featured Websites - Bacon was Shakespeare Authorship Evidence. Thank you so much for including it. I haven't been posting much anymore but i did repost some quotes from the past in honor of the 400 anniversary of the FF. And then I posted  a draft of a spreadsheet project I was working for awhile that anyone is welcome to add toor takeover if they want--about qualifications as a authorship candidate. i added things I could think of off hand but I am not enthused about reading up a lot on Oxford to fill in any of the missing info on him.  I will be adding when I can get to it A Phoenix's new discovery on the Holinshed chronicle. There are early drafts of the ciphers I was writing about but some of it is out of date. Now that i'm back here I will also be visiting some of the other featured websites. There so much that I wish i was 20 years younger to have time to enjoy more of it! :classic_smile:

• Like 5

CAB wrote : The Oxfordians have stayed pretty active but they really just care about being chosen the winners, as opposed to discovering the truth wherever it may lie. I've been to several of their conferences and have not always been treated well once they find I'm a Baconian. Once I was told by one of their leaders that I "better get my head right" on the topic."

So telling about Oxfordians that winning is more important to them then truth and for one of them to say "better get my head right  on the topic," illustrates their lack of tolerance and that fear is their motivating factor. Oxfordians are desperate for evidence of truth and  in so doing want to make sure that remaining dumb to the truth about Bacon is the only  way for them to survive in their delusions of grandeur.

• Like 4