A History of Cryptology

Kate

1 hour ago, peethagoras said:

MEthinks you are taking el urino amigo

Sure, that's perfectly possible to think. You may even think that it is worth saying what you think. Some things you think may get you demerit points here. You can explore how far you can go if you want.

Spend a day reading about epistemology before you conclude that anyone knows anything about what it means to know. It is a very convoluted dialogue that you will find there. What is knowing? What is meaning? How can we know what knowing is? What are the most basic concepts that we build on to arrive to our ideas about that? We don't even typically speak in the language that is used to describe these things. It's all Greek to most. If you'd rather not deal with that and assume that we have all that figured out then I am afraid I must inform you that we don't. The problem is that there is no completely squaring the circle, so to speak. We take shortcuts, mainly because we see everyone else doing the same. The world is not full of philosophers like Bacon.

Trying to get into the inner vault is said to be impossible. That, if you want to call it part of an archetype story is the one that says that you simply cannot access the contents of Enoch's vault. You will trip yourself up repeatedly if you do chase it, and it will remain elusive. You'll get to the 153 foot level in a hole and the entire thing will collapse into the abyss (the more you dig the more it sinks) and you will be lucky to come out of the shaft not buried alive if you don't stop pursuing that. I have no way of knowing if this is a story that is faithful to any reality, but it would seem that we are very much stuck trying to bootstrap ourselves into a condition of knowing something about the world. You' ll recognize a version of this story was used in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with the pursuit of the Holy Grail. When it is nearest it is still capable of dragging you into the abyss. You are never quite there. To save yourself from losing it all you must let go and be satisfied with just living in a complete mystery. We have what we have as tools to work with, and that we understand is already not giving us a faithful representation of the realty we are stuck in. 

That is not to say that we cannot have brilliant insights about it.  Fractals have this sort of property. You can chase them into infinity on all scales. They arise from the most basic equations of give and take. That is to say one can lay down some very simple rules that can account for all of the complexity we see in the world. What are the basic rules? "To be or not to be" are two pretty basic states. If we imagine a give and take which allows for certain things "to be or not to be" then we possibly have a starting point. There are rumblings of this in our reality where detectable things pop in and out of the void/nothingness all the time. There can be something from nothing as long as there is a bookkeeping that is respected. It's fun to think about. It is also fun to think that we have designed a system of money that exploits the same properties. You can create some where there was none only if there is a rigid accounting. Borrowing money into existence is how it starts. What is created just as quickly vanishes from where it came when a debt obligation is settled. Were it not that we trust this magic there could be no economic expansion. That is true of the Universe in terms of space.

Anyway, if I am nuts then I am perfectly fine with that because I do see how we were driven to question everything by being in a condition of having to just accept someone's word at face value if we don't.

We all want to know the rules. What allows some to state that they know Francis Bacon is something that many others who have looked do not know? What satisfies some and not others? Do we resolve this in the court of public opinion by trying to convince people? What happens if we succeed? Have we achieved knowing then?

All this is really just a form of entertainment, a la Alan Watts. Maybe that's all life is too? If we can't be entertained by living then we may want to conclude what Albert Camus reasoned and contemplate suicide. The only choice we have is really "to be or not to be". Those who decide to live will have to be entertained by their living enough to want to keep going on.

19 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

ME: Is gematria a cipher system?

ChatGPT: Gematria can be considered a type of cipher system, but it is distinct in its purpose and application from what we typically classify as ciphers in the context of cryptography. A cipher system is a method of transforming a message to conceal its meaning, usually to secure it against unauthorized interception or to maintain privacy. The primary goal of a cipher is to encode and decode messages so that they can be read only by the intended recipient who knows the decoding method.

Gematria, on the other hand, is more of a numerological system that assigns numerical values to letters, words, and phrases based on a set of predetermined rules. The purpose of gematria is not to encrypt messages for privacy or security but to find hidden meanings, spiritual connections, or mystical insights within the texts. It is used for interpretative purposes, often within a religious, mystical, or esoteric context. Gematria seeks to reveal deeper connections between concepts that are believed to be inherently linked through their numerical equivalence.

While both gematria and cipher systems involve a transformation of textual content based on a set of rules, their goals and uses are quite different:

- **Cipher Systems:** Aimed at securing communication from unauthorized access through encryption. The focus is on confidentiality and the ability to revert the encrypted message back to its original form through decryption.

- **Gematria:** Aimed at uncovering hidden meanings, spiritual insights, or esoteric connections based on numerical equivalence of words or phrases. The focus is on interpretation and finding underlying connections rather than on privacy or message security.

In summary, while gematria operates similarly to a cipher by transforming text according to a rule-based system, its intent and application are oriented towards mysticism and interpretation rather than the cryptographic objectives of confidentiality, integrity, and authentication.

Curious, no suggestion one could actually do gematria to plant hidden meaning or insights. 😉

By the way, CJ, I loved listening to Alan Watts decades ago and might watch the video before I go to bed. Thanks!

You should just to get to the part where he talks of "prickly people" and "gooey people." lol

He's a great entertainer. He was super flawed as a person, but still worth listening to. I will listen to him while falling asleep because I think his voice is perfect for that. Seldom do I get to the end of a long presentation with him...I'll nod off long before that. I also don't enjoy it as much when I am fully awake. lol The genius may be in putting you to a peaceful sleep. I'll keep him in mind on my death bed.

I wouldn't have been surprise if you told me you were Alan Watts' roommate at some point. You often seem like a Forest Gump type who is one degree of separation from all the noteworthy events and people. lol. 

2 hours ago, peethagoras said:

MEthinks you are taking el urino amigo

LOL!

No offense CJ, but you are asking for it. 🙂

This is not out of any disrespect, CJ, you have earned plenty of respect from me. It is your "delivery" where you come off as highly paranoid and very fearful of real discussion by we who are not afraid of you. LOL

🙂

I feel like we should be in a comic book...

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

8 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

LOL!

No offense CJ, but you are asking for it. 🙂

This is not out of any disrespect, CJ, you have earned plenty of respect from me. It is your "delivery" where you come off as highly paranoid and very fearful of real discussion by we who are not afraid of you. LOL

🙂

I feel like we should be in a comic book...

I'm prickly, you are gooey. We need each other to know what we think, otherwise we are unsure. So says MR. Watts.

My wife tries the same rationale when she insults me. "Well, you deserved it!". If I do it to her she will blow a gasket and insist that there is "NEVER, and under no circumstance, a reason to insult her". This is the dynamic of a tyrant, and we must learn to live with them if we want to take what we want from them. The tyrant will always accuse you of insolence and disrespect. Having the power to chop another's head off is ultimately what it boils down to. The offended own the offense. The key is to not be offended if peace is to exist.

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
  • Haha 2

In a forum with a title like " Baconian Ciphers" I fail to find any relevance in RoyalCraftiness' input. I wonder when the discussion will ever get round to Baconian ciphers.

Here's a challenge for RC: I will set out something I found some years ago, concerning the Shakespeare authorship,  let's see if it can be demolished. Will the challenge be accepted without (quantum tauri excrementum)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The man in the moone was not a buffoon

Just now, RoyalCraftiness said:

I'm prickly, you are gooey. We need each other to know what we think, otherwise we are lot. So says MR. Watts.

I watched the Alan Watts video last night and enjoyed every second. I may have been 33+ years or more since I heard that presentation. He is a fellow psychonaut, a true Buddhist brother in the path towards Knowledge and Enlightenment, with real experience with entheogens. 🙂

During some of my "Shaman" years living in rural Colorado during the mid to late 80's where I only had two radio stations available, one was a public radio station (KUNC) 183 miles away in Ft. Collins and Alan Watts was a regular feature. The interviews with Joseph Campbell were also enjoyable and food for my Shamanic mind! 🙂

It is truly a shame we both write such very long replies that have been too much for some B'Hive members as I believe we are actually doing some good. LOL

But Google is listening. 😉

You said, "I'm prickly, you are gooey."

Alan Watts says we are all wriggly. And I'm not as gooey as you think I am. LOL

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

42 minutes ago, peethagoras said:

In a forum with a title like " Baconian Ciphers" I fail to find any relevance in RoyalCraftiness' input. I wonder when the discussion will ever get round to Baconian ciphers.

RC is the antagonist playing a role to make us speak up which leads to more dialog. Americans are seasoned to a duality of ideas, it is part of the New Atlantis political concept. A two party system, etc.

I grew up with sitcoms where arguing was fun and educational. It is a way we learn. All in the Family was a hit because it was weekly funny argument of ideas. I was always "Meathead"!

I fear all of our British members have clicked the "Ignore" button for anything CJ says. You can too, Pee, if you want. Click Ignore for CJ (RoyalCraftiness) and you won't see his posts or my responses I think.

My only and younger brother married a British lady when he was in the army in Germany during the '80s. Whenever me or my Dad goes to visit them in Vermont he reminds us that she is a Brit and "very proper", so our typical obnoxious American silly behavior needs to be in check! LOL

Peethagoras, I'd suggest listen to CJ and definitely check out his links and references. He may come off as brutal, but he asks questions that Strats and Oxies wish they had the nerve to ask. And he is tough enough for me to be as brutal as he is back to him. For those who shy away from conflict the two of us may be a nightmare, but I do believe the unfolding and evolving discussions are valuable. One sided presentations tend to be weak as far as leaving an impact.

Having discussed CJ with our totally fearless leader who has been the subject of Strat and Oxie abuse for over 25 years, Lawrence Gerald who is the sole owner of SirBacon.org, I am confident he is fine with opposing ideas on the forum. And no matter what, CJ is packed with education and knowledge.

Does that make sense? CJ stands up for what Bacon left in his serious overt works that does conflict at times with his esoteric works that we believe to be true. I can enjoy and appreciate learning both sides. So we who live in Bacon's shadowy side benefit from being questioned on its substance by someone who knows Bacon's in public legacy.

I have yet to feel threatened by anything CJ has ever said, in fact he empowers me to share my belief more often than not.

I suspect he is faking his position for the sake of argument, especially when he posts a link to Alan Watts and other amazing resources he has shared.

Now that I spent too much time defending his right to be here, I hope I have time to challenge so many things he has said I want to address! LOL

🙂

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

5 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

40 had associations to Enki, for example. It was never intended to be a way for you to sum the character values in a word and come to a number which had a meaning that should then be ascribed to the word.

I brought up that CENTURY is 100 Simple cipher wondering if that was designed. I can see it. The technique was known during the time when the spelling of that word that means 100 years was solidified. You, CJ, have even brought up that long before letters were summed to be a word with meaning.

Is it is a coincidence that CENTURY = 100?

If it was by design, how would we know?

I suggest the answer to the above question would be revealed using the same 24 letter gematria. 😉

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

16 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I brought up that CENTURY is 100 Simple cipher wondering if that was designed. I can see it. The technique was known during the time when the spelling of that word that means 100 years was solidified. You, CJ, have even brought up that long before letters were summed to be a word with meaning.

Is it is a coincidence that CENTURY = 100?

If it was by design, how would we know?

I suggest the answer to the above question would be revealed using the same 24 letter gematria. 😉

But it wasn't, because the word, when it was invented, was not "century". It's a coincidence which is attributable to the choice of the counting scheme. It won't compute in more counting schemes than it will. You should know this. Regardless, you keep trying to make a suggestion to recruit for your indefensible belief. Furthermore, an example of it working is not proof that it will work for all words using that counting scheme. It clearly doesn't. You'd use a word which was made with two roots in Phoenician and apply a "Tudor" count if that would work, and then you would say to me that the fact that it works must mean something more than "it is an artifice". IS the root for century Latin? Do you use a Latin Gematria, a Hebrew one of a reverse upside down one where you get what you are looking for?

You are trying to obfuscate to keep the possibility alive when there is no possibility for this given by reason. That would mean that favoring a myth over reason would have to be the way to go. If gooey people are prone to doing that then your message will suffice to keep some support from gooey people. Using a duality that way is how political parties work. Nobody knows who they should align with until they are told by one side how unappealing the other is. People will align themselves based on their preferences. You are going to find allies with gooey people who are told that reason os really nothing more than the work of insufferable people who think they know better than the word of a mythical God (or some other fallacy). This is a message sent to everyone, and it will recruit. This means that all the people who are clearly suffering from a condition of knowing next to nothing outside of their beliefs are prone to having a preference which biases them to aligning with one side of a duality over another.

17 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

RC is the antagonist playing a role to make us speak up which leads to more dialog. Americans are seasoned to a duality of ideas, it is part of the New Atlantis political concept. A two party system, etc.

I grew up with sitcoms where arguing was fun and educational. It is a way we learn. All in the Family was a hit because it was weekly funny argument of ideas. I was always "Meathead"!

I fear all of our British members have clicked the "Ignore" button for anything CJ says. You can too, Pee, if you want. Click Ignore for CJ (RoyalCraftiness) and you won't see his posts or my responses I think.

My only and younger brother married a British lady when he was in the army in Germany during the '80s. Whenever me or my Dad goes to visit them in Vermont he reminds us that she is a Brit and "very proper", so our typical obnoxious American silly behavior needs to be in check! LOL

Peethagoras, I'd suggest listen to CJ and definitely check out his links and references. He may come off as brutal, but he asks questions that Strats and Oxies wish they had the nerve to ask. And he is tough enough for me to be as brutal as he is back to him. For those who shy away from conflict the two of us may be a nightmare, but I do believe the unfolding and evolving discussions are valuable. One sided presentations tend to be weak as far as leaving an impact.

Having discussed CJ with our totally fearless leader who has been the subject of Strat and Oxie abuse for over 25 years, Lawrence Gerald who is the sole owner of SirBacon.org, I am confident he is fine with opposing ideas on the forum. And no matter what, CJ is packed with education and knowledge.

Does that make sense? CJ stands up for what Bacon left in his serious overt works that does conflict at times with his esoteric works that we believe to be true. I can enjoy and appreciate learning both sides. So we who live in Bacon's shadowy side benefit from being questioned on its substance by someone who knows Bacon's in public legacy.

I have yet to feel threatened by anything CJ has ever said, in fact he empowers me to share my belief more often than not.

I suspect he is faking his position for the sake of argument, especially when he posts a link to Alan Watts and other amazing resources he has shared.

Now that I spent too much time defending his right to be here, I hope I have time to challenge so many things he has said I want to address! LOL

🙂

It has. The bilateral cipher has bene tackled. Where it appears to possibly be in play (in the add-on to the plays) it doesn't say what some would want.  Rob, and others, won't let his gematria go. It's too much fun, and it is very accessible. That's all they have Peet. It has the possibility to suggest that Bacon was Jesus Christ, but they have settled on less than that.

To ask them to stick to things that one can, at the very least, defend with reason is something they don't feel they have to do. Bacon knew how to encode a message in such a way that it could be decodable faithfully. And he was adept at hiding those in plain sight using simple binaries.  No one has found one that says that Bacon wrote Shakespeare or was the heir to a great imaginary title. If they found that then they would have an argument to present with some consistency. But they are stuck here on the fringes where like minded people can form cliques to try and give each other support in their efforts to recruit. 

It is all good and fine if it is done for entertainment purposes. But, you will find when you dig that many here are actually actively trying to recruit in other places. Recruiting is really all that matters to some. They see the way to getting to a point where they "win" comes from convincing people to take the plunge by accepting many hundred examples of the same old indefensible error prone manipulation of words and coincidences they call a ciphering method (one without any clear rules on how to apply it). It works where it works and that is enough to suggest that this is exactly what was intended. 

Some coincidences are interesting. That makes them entertaining. Everyone on this globe wants to be entertained by something.  In many cases one cannot tease out a motive for the existence of a coincidence. No one could say, with a straight face, if they are seeing a truthfully relayed message either, or If they were being pranked. If they discovered the effort, they would err on the side of falling prey to it because it aligns with what they want to believe. This was Pierre Plantard's method. Teh prankster hope s that the message will be found, so he will place it where it can be found.

We are here because of a significant suggestion that was made in the past which says that the works of Shakespeare were written by one man. They likely weren't. Many efforts to deal with that have also wanted to suggest that the work was of just one man. To make that compute some have needed to suggest that this one man was actually multiple literary persons.  We don't know any of this. We don't even know we should be playing this game. 

6 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Regardless, you keep trying to make a suggestion to recruit for your indefensible belief. Furthermore, an example of it working is not proof that it will work for all words using that counting scheme. It clearly doesn't.

CENTURY is 100 Simple cipher.

Sure, it could be a coincidence. LOL

Hey if I were around when the English language was being solidified, which took quite a while to do and with Bacon as one the solidifiers, I'd spell CENTURY as such.

But likely in those days there was nobody as smart as me, and gematria was a forgotten language.

🙂

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

6 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Recruiting is really all that matters to some.

Obviously this is your obsession, CJ. Almost every post you suggest me, or any of we Baconians are recruiting into a "cult" of Bacon.

I laugh it off as a paranoid obsession by a super genius overthinking a few things.

But today I had a Eureka moment!

You are the salesman of the cult you warn against! And very sly doing so.

Hey, whatever. If I were in my teens or 20's with a life ahead of me I might join. Western Esoteric studies are fascinating indeed! But in my 60's already in the B'Hive Baconian cult, I am very happy where I am. LOL

CJ, I am kidding, but serious too. Did I pull back a veil? Oops, sorry if I did. 🙂

• Haha 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

22 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

CENTURY is 100 Simple cipher.

Sure, it could be a coincidence. LOL

Hey if I were around when the English language was being solidified, which took quite a while to do and with Bacon as one the solidifiers, I'd spell CENTURY as such.

But likely in those days there was nobody as smart as me, and gematria was a forgotten language.

🙂

Are you alleging John Dee coined the word century now and that it doesn't come from the Latin "centuria"? You just won't stop playing the "there's still a chance this applies" card.  This is simply an example of you finding a counting scheme that works in one instance and using it to make a suggestion with.  Century has 7 letters.  Based on the distribution of letter frequencies and their simple gematria value you should expect to find other words that will sum to 100 that have nothing to do with 100 of anything.  What does one, two or three mean to you? Would any of them mean 100 if the gematria produced 100. It does happen that there are numbers whose gematria values equal their underlying meaning. That is a coincidence. You can ask an AI to write you a Python code to do that. It will spit it out in a few seconds. Any and all instances of that working are a coincidence. It could do the same for number spellings that would sum to a number you allege is William Shakespeare in disguise. I do not know why you'd want to know that, but knowing it would open new doors of suggestion for you.

Part of the issue here is that you don't prefer to think in terms of "coincidence". You'd rather see the world as "synchronicities". You have been sold on the idea that everything happens for a reason. Someone successfully planted that bias in your head. I suppose we can blame Carl Jung for that. Did you know that Jung' was opposed to Sigmund Freud's "Jewish science" of psychoanalysis and promoted his own? He once suggested Jews had inferior psyches (female ones) and that they were thinking up things to compensate for their shortcomings. There's a reason why this guy was never taken seriously. He owes much of his own success to Hermann Goering's cousin from the time his views were promoted by the national socialist party within Germany. The obsession with myth and meaning went deep into German politics in the 1930s. Unfortunately, Jung's ideas have persisted with the esoteric crowd who have no reason to place him in the dustbin of history.

23 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Obviously this is your obsession, CJ. Almost every post you suggest me, or any of we Baconians are recruiting into a "cult" of Bacon.

I laugh it off as a paranoid obsession by a super genius overthinking a few things.

But today I had a Eureka moment!

You are the salesman of the cult you warn against! And very sly doing so.

Hey, whatever. If I were in my teens or 20's with a life ahead of me I might join. Western Esoteric studies are fascinating indeed! But in my 60's already in the B'Hive Baconian cult, I am very happy where I am. LOL

CJ, I am kidding, but serious too. Did I pull back a veil? Oops, sorry if I did. 🙂

Everything in the past is some sort early attempt at something that is part of some evolving story.

15 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Are you alleging John Dee coined the word century now and that it doesn't come from the Latin "centuria"? You just won't stop playing the "there's still a chance this applies" card. 

No, what I said was that if I was around back then helping solidity the English language that is how I would have spelled CENTURY to add up to 100. You help my sharing the it comes from the Latin "centuria", so all I would have had to do is replace the "ia" with a "y".

It may be a coincidence, I'll go along with that. I'm not as rigid as you are in thinking I know something for a fact that is impossible to know. You appear to know for a fact it is a coincidence when really you can't know. You may believe that, but we know all about beliefs (thanks to you). 😉

15 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Part of the issue here is that you don't prefer to think in terms of "coincidence". You'd rather see the world as "synchronicities". You have been sold on the idea that everything happens for a reason. Someone successfully planted that bias in your head.

That is true. I do prefer to see the world as interconnected synchrononicities. It helps me live a more fulfilling and rewarding life. (Think about what Alan Watts teaches about our interconnectivity with the Universe.) But nobody sold me on the idea. It began when I was a little child on my own. I think maybe having dreams that were followed by amazing coincidences during the following day even in my preteens had my viewpoint of how time works a little thrown off the standard tic-toc clock idea.

It is possible the first time I ever heard the word "synchonicity" I was already in my 20's when The Police released their song. I learned of Carl Jung sometime later than that, I'm pretty sure.

Now, CJ, I'm not arguing whether or not there are messages bombarding us with the intention to control us. I agree that the masses are like sheep, following whatever leader, church, media channel, advertisements, or whatever they tune their attention to. That is going on. What's been so funny for me is how you project your fears into me as trying to convince a cult following or whatever.

Hey, I am just being me as an individual sharing what I personally believe and sometimes why for me it works in my tiny little bubble of a life. That's all. I'm having fun while doing my very best to function in a crazy world.

As for CENTURY adding up to 100 Simple cipher, A. Phoenix just posted a FBS quote from Bacon in another active thread that is from page 108 of an old Baconinia:

1897_Vol V New Series_No 17 – 20.pdf

We may, in passing, draw the attention of some who may not be well acquainted with the greater works of Bacon to the passage from the De Augmentis whence the allusion in Bacon’s speech is taken.

“The noblest species of grammar, as I think, would be this: if some one well seen in a great number of tongues, learned as well as vulgar, would handle the various properties of languages; showing in what points each excelled, in what it failed. For so, not only may languages be enriched by mutual exchanges, but the several beauties of each may be combined, as in the Venus of Appelles, into a most beautiful model and excellent speech itself, for the right expressing of the meanings of the mind.”

There was an effort to "perfect" the English language in many ways during Bacon's time. I can't imagine why you would be so opposed to the idea that various counts could be included in their efforts when you say how much they knew about the Hebrew gematria. If Bacon was serious about language expressing meanings in the mind, then CENTURY adding up to 100 is an easy thing to solidify for the English language which he was so involved with, even if it was an accident.

But I also know you, CJ, really like to debate. 😉

Curious about the word play and trickery you decided on for the handle "RoyalCraftiness". Obvious RC has suggestions, and you have mentioned RC Cola before. "Royal Pain in Ass" kind of rhymes, but "RP" doesn't carry the same suggestions as RC. LOL

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

23 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Everything in the past is some sort early attempt at something that is part of some evolving story.

You are talking about Evolution? 😉

Not only physical life in the Universe, but also the evolving Universal mind (Universal consciousness) as well? We all share that mind, you know. Even our pets, and the trees in forests.

The strongest survive in Nature, but intelligence offered an opportunity for man to be smarter than the predators who like eat us, and we have survived in spite of our physical weaknesses.

Same thing in human culture, in a way. The strongest survive when they control, but that does not mean they succeed every time. Intelligence can have an advantage over power. Maybe that is why intelligence and knowledge is the enemy to power and control. 😉

Funny I can see a battle even today of Brute vs Brains. Hard to say how it will turn out this time.

So Bacon was a part of the key moment in humanity's latest shift towards intelligence over control. I love that about Francis Bacon. 🙂

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

On 2/17/2024 at 7:50 AM, Light-of-Truth said:

No, what I said was that if I was around back then helping solidity the English language that is how I would have spelled CENTURY to add up to 100. You help my sharing the it comes from the Latin "centuria", so all I would have had to do is replace the "ia" with a "y".

It may be a coincidence, I'll go along with that. I'm not as rigid as you are in thinking I know something for a fact that is impossible to know. You appear to know for a fact it is a coincidence when really you can't know. You may believe that, but we know all about beliefs (thanks to you). 😉

That is true. I do prefer to see the world as interconnected synchrononicities. It helps me live a more fulfilling and rewarding life. (Think about what Alan Watts teaches about our interconnectivity with the Universe.) But nobody sold me on the idea. It began when I was a little child on my own. I think maybe having dreams that were followed by amazing coincidences during the following day even in my preteens had my viewpoint of how time works a little thrown off the standard tic-toc clock idea.

It is possible the first time I ever heard the word "synchonicity" I was already in my 20's when The Police released their song. I learned of Carl Jung sometime later than that, I'm pretty sure.

Now, CJ, I'm not arguing whether or not there are messages bombarding us with the intention to control us. I agree that the masses are like sheep, following whatever leader, church, media channel, advertisements, or whatever they tune their attention to. That is going on. What's been so funny for me is how you project your fears into me as trying to convince a cult following or whatever.

Hey, I am just being me as an individual sharing what I personally believe and sometimes why for me it works in my tiny little bubble of a life. That's all. I'm having fun while doing my very best to function in a crazy world.

As for CENTURY adding up to 100 Simple cipher, A. Phoenix just posted a FBS quote from Bacon in another active thread that is from page 108 of an old Baconinia:

1897_Vol V New Series_No 17 – 20.pdf

We may, in passing, draw the attention of some who may not be well acquainted with the greater works of Bacon to the passage from the De Augmentis whence the allusion in Bacon’s speech is taken.

“The noblest species of grammar, as I think, would be this: if some one well seen in a great number of tongues, learned as well as vulgar, would handle the various properties of languages; showing in what points each excelled, in what it failed. For so, not only may languages be enriched by mutual exchanges, but the several beauties of each may be combined, as in the Venus of Appelles, into a most beautiful model and excellent speech itself, for the right expressing of the meanings of the mind.”

There was an effort to "perfect" the English language in many ways during Bacon's time. I can't imagine why you would be so opposed to the idea that various counts could be included in their efforts when you say how much they knew about the Hebrew gematria. If Bacon was serious about language expressing meanings in the mind, then CENTURY adding up to 100 is an easy thing to solidify for the English language which he was so involved with, even if it was an accident.

But I also know you, CJ, really like to debate. 😉

Curious about the word play and trickery you decided on for the handle "RoyalCraftiness". Obvious RC has suggestions, and you have mentioned RC Cola before. "Royal Pain in Ass" kind of rhymes, but "RP" doesn't carry the same suggestions as RC. LOL

Royal Craftiness is just a euphemism for "that which is epic storytelling". It's how I have come to make sense of human pursuits.  It always comes with a story. The epic storyteller has always used what already existed and has sought to broaden it in an effort capture things that may be relevant to his time. Each age has had its concerns. We have some today that are unlike any from past ages. These concerns will end up being captured by stories that later generations will see as being relevant to our time. Unfortunately, some of them will be bad movies.

What you describe is play: play with words. It's meant for entertainment as well as to expand our conceptual vocabulary since it is an attempt to attach symbol to evolving ideas.  It's part of a way magic evolved in medieval Europe.

I do not know if the algorithms have reached you with this yet (It's just a day old), but have a look at this. It's right up your alley and mine. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

I do not know if the algorithms have reached you with this yet (It's just a day old), but have a look at this. It's right up your alley and mine. 

I could not even attempt to express the synchronicity of the timing for me to enjoy this video as I head to sleep today. You have no idea, nobody does.

Perfect. 🙂

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I could not even attempt to express the synchronicity of the timing for me to enjoy this video as I head to sleep today. You have no idea, nobody does.

Perfect. 🙂

Does it resonate with you because you are overly caught up in the search for the physical manifestation of these type of stories that use these archetypes? It's the quote at 7:13 that gives a proper context for me. Magic is what sinks into the subconscious from the past attitudes. Those are, in fact, beliefs that were once suggestions widely and unconditionally accepted that have ceased to be that. Even if one were to chase these things all the way back to a "prima theologia" there would only be old attitudes there expressed by stories whose archetypes we would recognize. We'd recognize them because they were first summoned from nature in a way that anthropomorphizes the forces of nature which are the first unknows. We know ourselves enough to always know how an anthropomorphized concept works. We have referenced the unknown using the only thing we do know.

History has been full of role players who have been acting out these stories. Where Merlin is fictitious and true to the archetype, Dee is an impostor who is merely acting to influence. They are not the same thing. So would be any person today who walked around claiming to be a magician. One must not try and live the lives of characters in stories to try and suggest that the stories are literal. The place for a magician is in a story or on a stage where there is a subject and a suggestion to be made and to be accepted (for our entertainment). It's not just Dee who is an impostor. So is the priest or the shaman who steps outside of the role of being a storyteller that is in it for universal "good". We should know magicians from reading about them, not by interacting with one.  The powers of the magician are fictitious. If there is any power at all it is in you who is God like. You are Hermes the three-in-one.

So, piercing the veil is nothing more than travelling back in time to see how the stories looked back then. It is not a journey where we are discovering any knowledge that is lost to us which has inherent value. There are themes there which we can see as universal. We can coax them out of the stories in such a way that they are useful to us to craft new stories with today. We will remember them from the subconscious (whatever than may mean).

I maintain that what is essential is that we still be writing stories which are informative of the state of our current attitudes about our shared well being. These stories must be free of anything resembling ego pursuits. These are very unlikely to come out of anything like our ships of State. We're clearly in an age of propaganda where so much is about influence and self interest (selling and recruiting).  Some of that stuff is what future historians will look back on this time to single it out. It will appear that we were massively confused exactly as we have gained the ability to share stories better than ever. We should know better, but we don't. In fact, there probably already is an archetype for this type of person if you look into it. He'd be doing black magic.

We're also collectively smarter in the breadth of our knowledge. When we try and use traditional storytelling techniques it often comes across as cliche. Perhaps we have grown too wise for our own good if we can short-circuit the benefit of a good story. Too many conflicting stories have probably numbed us. Religion is an obvious waste of time to those of us who'd rather not be patronized with morality tales. We are, unsurprisingly, suspicious of all motives today. We probably should be. Quality of information matters. We can sniff out fraudulent role player today better than ever.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 7:34 PM, peethagoras said:

I agree, Peethagoras. 

What have I just waded through?

RC, I dislike being so overtly blunt as I have empathy and consideration for how one’s words can affect others and like to be kind, but let’s be clear here, something needs to be said. Your repetitively long, contradictory and tangential soliloquies, some of which contain inaccurate information, are not conducive to any thriving forum. The big red flag should be that we repeatedly see people leaving the threads as they are being dominated or undermined by your interjections. I’ve certainly all but given up.

Also I notice interesting people join B’Hive but very quickly we never hear from them again,  or - worse still - people don’t sign up, and so we don’t get to hear their fresh insights or they feel they might quickly get buried under the weight of lengthy posts. Perhaps they feel there’s no space for them to speak and be heard?

Contrary to your belief, I was the one advocating that you be allowed to remain when this came up last year, as free speech and benefit of the doubt  is vital.

However, the whole purpose of forums having moderators is to enforce good forum etiquette. Moving excessively long posts -(especially when they are immediately followed by yet another from the same poster), to an "off-topic" section is one fair solution. This hijacked topic of mine was History of Cryptography. It now has six pages or more of ‘word salads’ unrelated to that. Love your big heart Rob, but this ‘bromance’ should really have its own topic now. 

• Like 1

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8

17 hours ago, Kate said:

I agree, Peethagoras. 

What have I just waded through?

RC, I dislike being so overtly blunt as I have empathy and consideration for how one’s words can affect others and like to be kind, but let’s be clear here, something needs to be said. Your repetitively long, contradictory and tangential soliloquies, some of which contain inaccurate information, are not conducive to any thriving forum. The big red flag should be that we repeatedly see people leaving the threads as they are being dominated or undermined by your interjections. I’ve certainly all but given up.

Also I notice interesting people join B’Hive but very quickly we never hear from them again,  or - worse still - people don’t sign up, and so we don’t get to hear their fresh insights or they feel they might quickly get buried under the weight of lengthy posts. Perhaps they feel there’s no space for them to speak and be heard?

Contrary to your belief, I was the one advocating that you be allowed to remain when this came up last year, as free speech and benefit of the doubt  is vital.

However, the whole purpose of forums having moderators is to enforce good forum etiquette. Moving excessively long posts -(especially when they are immediately followed by yet another from the same poster), to an "off-topic" section is one fair solution. This hijacked topic of mine was History of Cryptography. It now has six pages or more of ‘word salads’ unrelated to that. Love your big heart Rob, but this ‘bromance’ should really have its own topic now. 

I second Kate's suggestion of moving RC's posts to their own topic, such as The World According to Royal Craftiness.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:37 AM, Kate said:

However, the whole purpose of forums having moderators is to enforce good forum etiquette.

I have no intentions of being the forum police, at all. Hate, personal attacks, and terrorist threats will not be tolerated, of course.  However, this forum is a free exchange of ideas and I am not going to get involved in who anybody likes or dislikes. I do not care. I'm definitely not going to enforce a rule that we all have to agree on everything or have to have some kind of proper tea party manners. 

If a thread ventures off that is just the reality of how the B'Hive is and I am not going to spend time trying to keep it tidy based on what I think or anybody else does. Nobody owns a Topic, and as far as I am concerned we are all equals here and free to share our thoughts. Having respect for Francis Bacon is the requirement, within that requirement the range is wide and varied on what people believe. Nobody is required to read what another person says. 

Right now we have 639 Topics and over 12,000 Posts. There is a lot of great content and tons of clutter. The Search works very well and Google indexes all of it. I pay out of pocket for the forum software and license, the backups, hosting, and volunteer my time to keep it running. I lose sleep thinking and worrying about the B'Hive sometimes, like last night and I have an overwhelming amount of pressure on me today. 

I apologize for posting long confusing replies that are annoying to some. That's just how I am, and I am just being who I am among my Baconian friends (I like to think anyway). Should we reconstruct the forum and have a RoyalCraftiness forum, a Kate forum, an Eric forum, and so on? Really?

I wish everybody would quit whining and pouting over silliness. You all's lives must be pretty boring right now if what happens here gets you so upset. Please don't take this forum that serious, its supposed to be enjoyable. Maybe it is a giant confusing mess, so what. Let it evolve naturally as it has since the first day. The B'Hive is a living entity in my mind and I love everything about it. Bacon would be proud of us for what we are doing. And we all know Bacon would appreciate the Baconian position that RC delivers whether it makes us uncomfortable or not.

My head hurts.

• Like 1