A History of Cryptology

Kate

3 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

An elephant in my living room? No way! LOL

Yet we all know about being in a room with one! 😉

Human/Elephant connections go way back. You might know more than me, CJ. I know beautifully decorated tame elephants have been around a while, doing work for us.

Were there elephants in Egypt when they built the pyramids? Cats were Gods, did they have elephants?

Cats were not dragging any weight behind them.

ChatGPT:

Elephants have been working alongside humans for thousands of years, with the earliest records dating back to around 4,000 years ago in the Indus Valley Civilization. However, it is in ancient India, around 2000 BCE, that we find more detailed evidence of elephants being used for various purposes, including warfare, work, and ceremonial roles.

image.png.195f2d6d2ea5298503e719c55015adc5.png

Cultures that will find a use for elephant dung have good reasons to hold them in high esteem.

I'm not aware of anyone ever producing elephant bacon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Cultures that will find a use for elephant dung have good reasons to hold them in high esteem.

I'm not aware of anyone ever producing elephant bacon.

I bet if we look back, hogs are as historically connected to us as cats, dogs, cattle, and elephants. Of course mushrooms were first, they taught us how to speak. 😉

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Just now, Light-of-Truth said:

I bet if we look back, hogs are as historically connected to us as cats, dogs, cattle, and elephants. Of course mushrooms were first, they taught us how to speak. 😉

This world belongs to fungi. They were here first and they have allodial right to the place. We serve them as best we can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RoyalCraftiness said:

This world belongs to fungi. They were here first and they have allodial right to the place. We serve them as best we can.

There would be no life on Earth without the fungi mat under our feet. 😉

They say some spores can survive the radiation from outer space and can be dormant for very long periods of time which makes them great space travelers.

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

7 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

There would be no life on Earth without the fungi mat under our feet. 😉

They say some spores can survive the radiation from outer space and can be dormant for very long periods of time which makes them great space travelers.

A thematic reference to "This Side of Paradise" from Star Trek TOS? The planet name was Omicron (monad symbol) Ceti III. It was the spores that resisted the berthold rays that conferred peace, contentment and apparent ever lasting life. Berthold is from German and it means "bright ruler".  It made Spock (a creature of reason) capable of love. The scientist there was named Elias Sandoval. Elias is of course the prophesized one and Sandoval has the etymological meaning of grove or clearing that has been opened. Elias had a little garden of Eden going, made possible by the spores. The script does mention there were no pigs there, so no bacon in paradise.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, peethagoras said:

Referring to those 'o's: see last stanza A lover's Complaint below: Five 'o's followed by Alpha <> Omega.

O = 14, W = 21, A = 1, all multiplied together = 3360 and 69/100

60 = 6 times 10, or F times "kaye", but I ignore the "ciphar" O.

Making: 33 6 and 69 100:  Bacon, F, NUMBER / FRANCIS BACON.

And F I N I S:    F in IS      6 + 9 + 18 = 33.

Get it?

ALCstanza49.png.43312d0da13fbd3b67346c49c0a7047a.png

4 or them are identical in that they start with "O That". The 5th is "O All". The Greek character Theta is transliterated as "Th". The symbol is an O with a horizontal bar across it. The "O all" is typically the O with the dot within it (Omicron).  Theta is the 8th character. 4 eights are 32, and that is how Sonnet 53 starts (with 32 words). 32 is 2^5. These are the 5 dualities that make up Bacon's encryption method. Here we can speak of a duality of O suggestions with Theta and Omicron.

Omicron is the 15th letter. The Greek value of Theta is 9. 4 x 9=36. Omicron's value is 70. Together they are 106 which is 2x53.

Using positions. 4 x8=32 + 1 x 15=47. 47+53 are 100.  There are 55 words in this bit of text. 100 +55=155.

Like I said before, it's not hard to write a compelling story using what one has at his disposition.

• Wow! 1

57 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

A thematic reference to "This Side of Paradise" from Star Trek TOS?

I can't help but laugh right now! My week has been very busy, and one of my very favorite clients is in my cue and taking a bunch of time. The owner of the company is one of the very nicest and most intelligent people I know. Even though he is not a Baconian, he is brilliant. And he is aware of my Bacon thing.

He is a Star Trek guy, almost as old as I am. He may have watched some originals when he was a kid, I know I did because my Dad loved the show.

I get in trouble with my client when I confuse Star Trek to Star Wars as I am a fringe fan at best for either. Yes, I Iove them both, but my path went more another direction. If he says something from S Trek, and my lame connection is from S Wars, he looks at me like I am an idiot!  😉

He built this big ol' Leggo thing and sent me the frames that I put up for him on YouTube. (S Trek, right?)

So, CJ, are saying Star Trek is an esoteric book, so to speak?

• Haha 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

52 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

4 or them are identical in that they start with "O That". The 5th is "O All". The Greek character Theta is transliterated as "Th". The symbol is an O with a horizontal bar across it. The "O all" is typically the O with the dot within it (Omicron).  Theta is the 8th character. 4 eights are 32, and that is how Sonnet 53 starts (with 32 words). 32 is 2^5. These are the 5 dualities that make up Bacon's encryption method. Here we can speak of a duality of O suggestions with Theta and Omicron.

Omicron is the 15th letter. The Greek value of Theta is 9. 4 x 9=36. Omicron's value is 70. Together they are 106 which is 2x53.

Using positions. 4 x8=32 + 1 x 15=47. 47+53 are 100.  There are 55 words in this bit of text. 100 +55=155.

Like I said before, it's not hard to write a compelling story using what one has at his disposition.

This is what I am wrestling with:

The final utterances from Hamlet's breaths were "O,o,o,o."

Then he died. And I am somewhat educated that Hamlet was a play Bacon wrote about himself. I see it, get it. Whether fact or not, I am on that page.

I just learned that about the O's. Thank you, Kate!!

Now PEEthagorus shares how 5 of the final seven lines of "A Louers compliant" start with a big O. I did not know that and have actually searched Shakespeare looking for such a series with no success.

Those lines are in the 1609 Sonnets that I know better than any other Shakespeare. I know the 154 Sonnets better than the back on of my hands. Some years I studied every line every day. Even now I still look and explore.

BUT, how in the world did I never, not even once, move to see what was next in the 1609 Sonnets book? What was (is) wrong with me to be so blind, so nearsighted, short-visioned. How many times I pondered the number 155, trying to understand what was next. But never looked on the next page of the PDF I have nor the printed book I bought.

A door opened to explore.

The first 74 words lead up to "the Sunne".

74 is the Simple cipher of WILLIAM and TUDOR.

image.png.e80510f528aff9b354065ac948963433.png

So much more to explore! But I need to go to sleep soon...

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

13 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I can't help but laugh right now! My week has been very busy, and one of my very favorite clients is in my cue and taking a bunch of time. The owner of the company is one of the very nicest and most intelligent people I know. Even though he is not a Baconian, he is brilliant. And he is aware of my Bacon thing.

He is a Star Trek guy, almost as old as I am. He may have watched some originals when he was a kid, I know I did because my Dad loved the show.

I get in trouble with my client when I confuse Star Trek to Star Wars as I am a fringe fan at best for either. Yes, I Iove them both, but my path went more another direction. If he says something from S Trek, and my lame connection is from S Wars, he looks at me like I am an idiot!  😉

He built this big ol' Leggo thing and sent me the frames that I put up for him on YouTube. (S Trek, right?)

Star Trek is a great borrowing of ideas and of themes. It fished from Shakespeare the most, imo. All great art is a borrowing. And it has a cult following of fans who know all the details and can quote you entire episode dialogues. I have seldom seen anyone who has picked apart all the symbolism contained in it. What we do know is that the show was thoroughly detested by the American religious right (organized religion). People in high religious places tend to know how to sniff out symbolism (or think they can read your intentions). They perceived it as an attack on their values. Televangelists like Billy Graham panned it. Letter writing campaigns and lobbying of advertisers neutered the show pretty early on.

The money soon ran out for the producers. Season 3 was poorly funded. The episode "Spectre of the Gun" had to be shot on on an old western set because there was no money for set building. This forced the writers to use appropriate story lines.

Of potential interest to you is the fact that the episode revolves around the year 1881 and the date October 26th (day 300 in 1968 when the episode aired) in the city of Tombstone. It's based on the shootout at the OK corral. The episode title can be imagined to be a social commentary about the events of 1968 (killing of Martin Luther King, Bobby Kennedy and the students at Kent State University). The protagonists in the episode are the Melkotians who are a race of xenophobic mind readers (the surname Melcot means free spirit). Perhaps this is also a commentary on Americans who see themselves as being of free spirit and who are capable of rampant xenophobia.

I watched the show in all stages of my life. It is only much later that I was introduced to the idea of chasing back choices of character names, for example.

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

17 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Then he died. And I am somewhat educated that Hamlet was a play Bacon wrote about himself. I see it, get it. Whether fact or not, I am on that page.

Now PEEthagorus shares how 5 of the final seven lines of "A Louers compliant" start with a big O. I did not know that and have actually searched Shakespeare looking for such a series with no success.

Those lines are in the 1609 Sonnets that I know better than any other Shakespeare. I know the 154 Sonnets better than the back on of my hands. Some years I studied every line every day. Even now I still look and explore.

BUT, how in the world did I never, not even once, move to see what was next in the 1609 Sonnets book? What was (is) wrong with me to be so blind, so nearsighted, short-visioned. How many times I pondered the number 155, trying to understand what was next. But never looked on the next page of the PDF I have nor the printed book I bought.

That begins with the Acrostic FAMA which means "what is said about someone or something" in the realm of gossip and speculation on one hand and in the area of renown and reputation on the other. Certainly applies to the Sun.

It is not widely said that the Sonnets are autobiographical or related to Bacon. I wonder where one would pick up that suggestion. Are you, perhaps, from a race of mind readers? Maybe it is much less sinister. The ability to read between the lines isn't quite as powerful as mind reading after all. One does often feel it can be developed to the point of being reliable.

It is possible to borrow the entire Sonnets to help create a story. I'm not against that sort of creation. The Sonnets were ascribed to Adonai, though. Are you so certain that the story isn't his autobiography?  He had a rough love life with Aphrodite. Same with the Sun. I hear the moon was chasing him all the time. She caught up with him occasionally and their alchemical union produced consequences in the affairs of humans, it is said. Fun story. Did you know there was a total solar eclipse on Sept 22, 1968 (Fall equinox)? No Star Trek episode aired on that date, but season three did debut on Sept 20, 1968 with the episode called "Spock's Brain". In this episode a female alien beams up to the starship and manages to steal Spock's brain (a woman overpowering the reasoning faculty of man?). Let's call it a cautionary tale about losing one's mind over a woman. One should be careful against having such total eclipses of the brain. lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Bad luck Rob ! This is the Millenium FALCON (Star Wars)! 😄

• Haha 1

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

59 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Bad luck Rob ! This is the Millenium FALCON (Star Wars)! 😄

Good catch! The falcon is the symbol of the god RA who is a symbol of the rising Sun. The millennium of the rising Sun is probably exactly what Joseph Campbell had in mind. It is an extension of the idea of a 2000 year period of Christ's reign. The 1000 years (ten centuries) that Bacon identified with were those that he equated with the illumination of man by reason. The light was to come out of the dark. It wasn't a story that started in light and ended in darkness for him.  It's a powerful symbol for the forces of good that wrestle against the father of darkness. In German Vader has the meaning of "father senior". This makes him akin to Seth. The enemies of the Jedi were named Sith.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Hi Rob,

I just had the idea to explore the 33rd stanza of A Lovers Complaint.

Here is the result 😊 ...

The 33rd word of the 33rd stanza is  ... raise !

image.png.6f17e905ab0af0c7044d073206a6a3db.png

One more time, we have TUDOR (74 simple cipher) hidden in the middle (mediocria firma)

The first Capital letters add to the number 123.

1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C  with 1 + 2 + 3 = 6 = F  => F. BAC.

In passing, "Their distract parcels, in combined summes" is the 231st line.

And the "combined summes" of the value of the Capital letters (123) and the number of words (54) is ...

177 = WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

(or FRANCIS BACON + MINERVA)  

• Wow! 1

21 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Hi Rob,

I just had the idea to explore the 33rd stanza of A Lovers Complaint.

Here is the result 😊 ...

The 33rd word of the 33rd stanza is  ... raise !

image.png.6f17e905ab0af0c7044d073206a6a3db.png

One more time, we have TUDOR (74 simple cipher) hidden in the middle (mediocria firma)

In passing, "Their distract parcels, in combined summes" is the 231st line.

And the "combined summes" of the value of the Capital letters (123) and the number of words (54) is ...

177 = WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

(or FRANCIS BACON + MINERVA)  

I have it on good authority that 177 is the Latin Gematria value for "The Sun is my Adonai" and that "Sol" is 40. Tudor is an English invention that means "gift from God". It's value is 70 which is the Greek letter value of Omicron. This may suggest that it it be placed in the middle.  Why are we counting in Tudorese again? Who exactly has established that we should? Is this Rob's doing again? Where does counting in Latin figure in these games? My point is that there always going to be a cute way to present a suggestion one wants to get accepted using gematria. It doesn't have to be Gematria that one invents either. You just keep maybe 4 versions of it to assist. Neglect all others, right?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

74 is the Simple cipher of WILLIAM and TUDOR

And so too is CHRIST.

As for not seeing those O's in the last ALC stanza: few ever bother to read

the Complaint, as, in  truth it's written in such an archaic style, probably by Dee himself. He had a habit of inserting his name and stuff into the WS cannon, where he was probably employed to do the big cipher

40 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

The first Capital letters add to the number 123

work.

As for that acrostic sum: 123: although it's the same as for PYTHAGORAS, its also the same as for Y FRANCIS BACON, where Y = I.

Of course you will be aware that 123 represents ABC and therefore BAC is easily plucked out.😀

• Wow! 1

The man in the moone was not a buffoon

7 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Tudor is an English invention

I was under the impression that Tudor is from a Welsh noble dynastic name Tewdwr or Tydwr or something? I thought it came from a little village in Anglesey, on the west coast of North Wales, called Penmynydd.

• Like 2

The man in the moone was not a buffoon

51 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Just playing now, but we keep coming back to 53 in this thread. Sonnet 52 ends and Sonnet 53 begins in Day 123. (We did this exploration approaching New Years which was 12-31-23 (123123) in New Atlantis date style. LOL

Sonnets 52 and 53 are one of my favorite places to spend cipher time in the Sonnets as SO much is stated and demonstrated. Not to mentioned the amazing connections and fabric woven with these lines and numbers.

https://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Sonnet052

image.png.b368de8e71643fd783b1211f3872b8a6.png

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

7 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Of potential interest to you is the fact that the episode revolves around the year 1881 and the date October 26th (day 300 in 1968 when the episode aired) in the city of Tombstone. It's based on the shootout at the OK corral. The episode title can be imagined to be a social commentary about the events of 1968 (killing of Martin Luther King, Bobby Kennedy and the students at Kent State University). The protagonists in the episode are the Melkotians who are a race of xenophobic mind readers (the surname Melcot means free spirit). Perhaps this is also a commentary on Americans who see themselves as being of free spirit and who are capable of rampant xenophobia.

As I was having lunch and a beer(s) yesterday an older couple (older than me which is pretty old) walked by me in the restaurant and the guy was wearing an old worn Kent State t-shirt. I wanted to say something but my vocal verbal skills are not as fast as my slow typing skills! LOL

But I went to sleep last night wondering if he was a student at Kent State when the killings happened. I remember it as 1970, but being 8 in 1968 I remember a lot from that year as well. We lived in Selma when MLK marched over the bridge as my Dad was stationed there for some kind of USAF pilot training, so when he was killed a few years later we were horrified. Woodstock in '69 is implanted in my brain even though my Mom made me and my brother hide behind the couch and cover our eyes when they talked about it on the Walter Cronkite news. Funny how imagination outperforms reality! But I knew then that naked women bathing in a creek, rock music, and LSD were a much more pleasant alternative than killing, pain, suffering, napalm, and war.  😉

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

34 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

I have it on good authority that 177 is the Latin Gematria value for "The Sun is my Adonai" and that "Sol" is 40. Tudor is an English invention that means "gift from God". It's value is 70 which is the Greek letter value of Omicron. This may suggest that it it be placed in the middle.  Why are we counting in Tudorese again? Who exactly has established that we should? Is this Rob's doing again? Where does counting in Latin figure in these games? My point is that there always going to be a cute way to present a suggestion one wants to get accepted using gematria. It doesn't have to be Gematria that one invents either. You just keep maybe 4 versions of it to assist. Neglect all others, right?

Hi CJ,

As it seems that you have a special feeling for Adonaï / YHVH  😊 ...

The gematria of YHVH is 26 (B.F. ?)

image.png.715f10d9153babfcf2d2baa561ff2b2c.png

There are 26 verses on the first page of A Lovers Complaint.

Let's take a look at the 26th stanza ...

image.png.0e00612204119b09aee2c30e7a453593.png

Notice the w in "vovv".

This is the only "vv" in all the poem, on line 182 (This is for you Rob 😉).

VV # 55 that is the gematria of ... Adon ! 🙂 

I remind you that in L'Envoy to “Narcissus” by Thomas Edwards in 1595, Shakespeare is called "Adon".

And this can be a coincidence, at any rate it works only on this page ...

image.png.663a088193053adb786bd5eef66b6a9c.png

F. BACON

• Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Hi CJ,

As it seems that you have a special feeling for Adonaï / YHVH  😊 ...

The gematria of YHVH is 26 (B.F. ?)

image.png.715f10d9153babfcf2d2baa561ff2b2c.png

There are 26 verses on the first page of A Lovers Complaint.

Let's take a look at the 26th stanza ...

image.png.0e00612204119b09aee2c30e7a453593.png

Notice the w in "vovv".

This is the only "vv" in all the poem, on line 182 (This is for you Rob 😉).

VV # 55 that is the gematria of ... Adon ! 🙂 

I remind you that in L'Envoy to “Narcissus” by Thomas Edwards in 1595, Shakespeare is called "Adon".

And this can be a coincidence, at any rate it works only on this page ...

image.png.663a088193053adb786bd5eef66b6a9c.png

F. BACON

Is this not an amazingly enjoyable dialog! 🙂

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

10 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Is this not an amazingly enjoyable dialog! 🙂

Indeed ! 🙂 

Here is another idea , considering the C of Counsaile instead of the C of Complaint.

(After all, Francis Bacon was a counselor !)

image.png.970b2101d060ed8f5c43b6138aac479b.png

O (line 1) B (line 3) C (line 7) N (line 10) F (line 17) A (line 24)

1 + 3 + 7 + 10 + 17 + 24 = 62 # F.B.

• Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Indeed ! 🙂 

Here is another idea , considering the C of Counsaile instead of the C of Complaint.

(After all, Francis Bacon was a counselor !)

image.png.970b2101d060ed8f5c43b6138aac479b.png

O (line 1) B (line 3) C (line 7) N (line 10) F (line 17) A (line 24)

1 + 3 + 7 + 10 + 17 + 24 = 62 # F.B.

What is this O T O T skip the C and F B then skip the N and find T T? And beyond. 😉

A Louers Complaint might be a great 2024 treasure hunt for me, and in the very same book I have spent much of my life already studying. 🙂

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 minute ago, Light-of-Truth said:

What is this O T O T skip the C and F B then skip the N and find T T? And beyond. 😉

A Louers Complaint might be a great 2024 treasure hunt for me, and in the very same book I have spent much of my life already studying. 🙂

And after the F you have SHA ! 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Why are we counting in Tudorese again? Who exactly has established that we should? Is this Rob's doing again? Where does counting in Latin figure in these games? My point is that there always going to be a cute way to present a suggestion one wants to get accepted using gematria. It doesn't have to be Gematria that one invents either. You just keep maybe 4 versions of it to assist. Neglect all others, right?

Hey CJ, and you are feeding us all with totally fertile fuel for this word fire, we are more amazing than Star Trek and Star Wars in studying fables, stories, and truth! LOL

• Haha 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->