A History of Cryptology

Kate

This is Amazing! (Capital A)

Have a scroll right down this page and look over the entire massive site.

https://www.dcode.fr/symbols-ciphers

On Twitter I just saw that apparently Alex Waugh has spoken about the last line spoken by Hamlet in Hamlet. Of course they see a 1740 De Vere connection, because of 17 characters then the 4 zero’s. I think that’s really stretching something to fit, because they are counting the full stop to make 17 but then ignoring the commas and small (almost imperceptible) s  (if it is one?) around the 0,0,0,0s but I have to say it does stand out as unusual.

IMG_1397.jpeg.41d07d3e1df96a1aab39b32d076e1cf9.jpeg 

Does anyone know if the 0000s phrase appears elsewhere in Shakespeare - or anywhere else? 

Edited by Kate
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 2

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8

6 hours ago, Kate said:

Does anyone know if the 0000s phrase appears elsewhere in Shakespeare - or anywhere else?

Hi Kate,

I don't think so.

Just for fun, I try "o o o o" in opensourceshakespeare.org

https://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/search/search-results.php

Here is the result ...

image.png.434364ad10852ee908cef41f0e19b3b2.png

No 'o o o o' but " A Lord Chancellor with the purse and mace before him" in King Henry VIII. 😁

And regarding the passage in question, for what it's worth, here is what I saw, as I was listening their "1740" stuff.

image.png.1b292c370f1856bd4c3bc98c88ec2fc0.png

SOW - BACON WIT

For me, Francis Bacon used the G as a C.

Indeed, there is one "BACON" in acrostic in one page of COMEDIES (I do not remember the exact page) where the C is provided by  "Cood Lord" (if I remember well) instead of "Good Lord". In any case, a letter C was printed instead of a letter G.

And the fact is that the 3rd letter is G immel in Hebrew and G amma in Greek.

The last Os is intriguing.

Well spotted.

In passing, just in case you missed it, I posted something interesting for you in "A Rose by any other word?" 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

3 hours ago, Kate said:

There's a great Acrostic Extractor in there to play around with. AcrosticExtractor.png.1a7c5693d6c91d62f072d4f9407af2e6.png

Is this an acrostic suggestion of a promised TT map?

The four "O"s are suggestive of a Tetrad. They suggest 4 circles or four cycles. We can immediately identify the 4 main astronomical cycles here (eccentricity, axial tilt, precession and orbital inclination). In the context of the play we do see that there is a potential suggestion of the end of a life or an "end times" there. This can be interpreted as the end of a cycle. "Good night sweet prince", combined with the singing of the angels and the beating of the drum (signifying the victory and power of God) has that flavor. Election by God would signify resurrection. This we can draw  parallel to 40 with, because 40 is symbolic of the ultimate period of great change (death and resurrection). 

The tetrad in relation to the circle is encountered in the tetactys which itself displays 40 as the value of the side of "good" or the Godly. This never had an bearing on the identity of any British Earl.

In terms of spatial representations we've described this already. One must consider a series of Great Circles or planes (the number is perhaps not well understood) which testify to points of coincidence between planes of reference. The point of crossing produces a symbolic location which can serve as a beacon for anyone to appreciate. The same method applied tp star positions produced celestial navigation methods in Tudor times therefore it is entirely possible the exercise extended to the figurative. Singling out such points when doing celestial navigation is an academic matter. Understanding the point of a figurative location  is as unclear as interpreting astrology. There is a suggestion here that says that the production of such things ought to have a meaning in a Universe that is constructed to show such things. It is also possible that such a point be given a meaning by men who want to exploit the nature of the method of elucidation.

4 circles coming out of 4 "arc" suggestions is something we've encountered in the Shakespeare plaque as another spatial suggestion. The intersection of 4 circles there defines 3 vesicas, symbolic of a trinity, where the central one has various tantalizing possible properties relating to the Tau cross. There does not appear to be any doubt that there is a game around four circles being used in the recurring suggestions. Applying it to a globe is but a small extension of the idea if we want to produce a map.

The occurrence of the O,o,o,o is on line 3847 of the first folio of this play. 3847 is prime, so there is no factorization.  The number's running sum is 22. It is made up of pairs of digits that sum to 11. This is evocative of the 11,22,33 triplet that would express 100 as a trinity using multiples of 33.33. If one was to apply this to the globe with the idea of signaling a trinity of spatial divisions measured from Jerusalem one could produce one that involves a Paris point and a point on the North American coast.  One can get very precise indeed if one involves a fourth point in the fashion of extending 11, 22 and 33 to 44. One achieves this by incorporating 44.4 to 66.6 W of Paris to obtain a point where the sum of the coordinates here are 111. This sort of exercise has enough elegance to want to potentially exploit it. I would argue that it likely has, and that is why we have a group of Bacon/Shakespeare suggestions that have travelled to near this point in our History. To manufacture such a link is to give meaning to the point. Whether the point was given earlier meaning or not is unknowable, but I would also argue that it is irrelevant.  We know that it was given such meaning at some point by Freemasons who had the opportunity to plan and construct t o give a life to the suggestion. 

There's no need for this to represent anything but death and resurrection, though. One has to accept levels of conspiracy to suggest more. There's nothing to stop anyone from doing that and to recruit with it. If it works to recruit it servees a purpose which one can just as easily attribute Bacon's purpose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi

I’ve no idea if it is anything ‘encoded’ or not. I have a very healthy level of scepticism. I was just drawn to notice it by the Twitter conversation that it pointed to  De Vere, (which is clearly rubbish).

Re the cycles, there are only actually 3 so I think we can dismiss that (Axial tilt and orbital inclination are the same thing ie Obliquity).

Who knows! It’s a mystery!

Edited by Kate
  • Like 2

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8

There is music also.

https://www.newworldrecords.org/products/salvatore-martirano-o-o-o-o-that-shakespeherian-rag

Salvatore Martirano (1927-1995) was one of the key members of the circle of composers who, during the sixties and early seventies, were well-known for their wild eclecticism. Serialism, jazz, electronics, popular music, and theater were incorporated into their music in fresh and exciting combinations. O,O,O,O, That Shakespeherian Rag collects six of the most important compositions from his relatively small body of work.

By the late 50s Martirano had begun to freely incorporate elements of jazz and popular music. O,O,O,O, That Shakespeherian Rag (1959), one of his two magnum opuses, is a prime example of this musical synthesis-a serialist choral setting of passages from three Shakespeare plays, accompanied by a chamber orchestra that includes a jazz ensemble. Schoenberg meets bebop in a wild, intricate and richly allusive mix of words and music. Domenico Scarlatti + Art Tatum = Cocktail Music (1962)-a short virtuosic solo piano concoction. Octet (1963) is a delicately orchestrated canvas of pungent sonorities and airy textures. Chansons Innocentes (1957), are short settings for voice and piano of three e.e. cummings poems.

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

2 hours ago, Kate said:

Hi

I’ve no idea if it is anything ‘encoded’ or not. I have a very healthy level of scepticism. I was just drawn to notice it by the Twitter conversation that it pointed to  De Vere, (which is clearly rubbish).

Re the cycles, there are only actually 3 so I think we can dismiss that (Axial tilt and orbital inclination are the same thing ie Obliquity).

If we were to consider it some form of cipher, 0000 could be a clock cipher (00:00) for time ending, but that’s a real stretch.

Who knows! It’s a mystery!

Around the Sun, Around the Earth's own axis, around the precessionary wobble and around the galactic plane. That's four, but there are many more lesser and larger ones that are not considered important on account of everything wobbling around everything else. There are no less than 3 infinities worth of cycles to possibly refer to. The main four I refer to are accessible to observers over enough time. They are the ones we use to place ourselves in space and time.

It doesn't matter that there is or isn't stuff encoded to play this game (which revolves around observing and being interested). What is important is that one can use anything available to make a story that has the potential to impress and recruit. The relative truth will only come out of the mouths of those who default into a condition of acceptance. To have reached acceptance is akin to a minor miracle. It is what makes the Santa Claus story so magical.

The best stories stick with us because we want them to be true. In that regard there are no bad suggestions. If we are asking if a suggestion was ever intended, there is no answer to that that we can know unless someone comes from the past and confirms this for us. If I give you 33 in a story there is no way to know what I intended by it. I may have only intended that the number stir you up and get your attention piqued. It is also possible that everything that has ever been written about 33 could be accessed and used to create a narrative about what I could have meant. Seeing that we can write quite a lot about it, there's a predisposition in humans to think that there must have been at least some of that could have applied. But there could have been none of it.

The "map" has been alluded to many times in literary suggestion. It is a map that Freemasonry tries to establish too. One can call it a roadmap to being a fully transformed person , how to perfectly polish the stone, or how to get to heaven, if one wishes. How exactly does one get to the point of transformation? There have been suggestions made about this for as long as men have had esoteric beliefs about an afterlife.

Skepticism is fine, and it is always important to put it first when we are trying to know better, but what does it mean to be skeptical of Star Wars, for example? We know it is only a fiction, but there is something in the story telling that is clearly appealing to many of us on some level. What I am not skeptical of is the ability of humans to make a good story out of the things that are most coincidental and evocative of emotions in us. We can call these things wants or longings. The greatest of all is to want to know things with certainty. That is to know the father in metaphore.

What is TT? We've considered it long enough? Is it part of a Triple Tau map to your own reclamation? Is it Thirty Three? Is sit anything that 33 can be? 

You've asked if there are other occurrences of this sort of repetition of words in Shakespeare (if you take O as a word). There are. There is "never" given 5 times in one place and there are many occasions of things being repeated 3 times. It would seem that a choice was exercised to use this for effect. It's not a bad idea to ask why there are 4 O's given in the context of what is being said there about drums.  This may suggest 4 beats which is the typical structure you find in Western music (4 beats to the bar). That would be simple enough.

One circle defines the monad, two the vesica, three the equilateral triangle and four the square. This may trigger us into considering what is meant by squaring the circle. Symbolically speaking this is attempting to do what appears to be impossible. One could can potentially equate that to knowing what's on the other side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

There is music also.

https://www.newworldrecords.org/products/salvatore-martirano-o-o-o-o-that-shakespeherian-rag

Salvatore Martirano (1927-1995) was one of the key members of the circle of composers who, during the sixties and early seventies, were well-known for their wild eclecticism. Serialism, jazz, electronics, popular music, and theater were incorporated into their music in fresh and exciting combinations. O,O,O,O, That Shakespeherian Rag collects six of the most important compositions from his relatively small body of work.

By the late 50s Martirano had begun to freely incorporate elements of jazz and popular music. O,O,O,O, That Shakespeherian Rag (1959), one of his two magnum opuses, is a prime example of this musical synthesis-a serialist choral setting of passages from three Shakespeare plays, accompanied by a chamber orchestra that includes a jazz ensemble. Schoenberg meets bebop in a wild, intricate and richly allusive mix of words and music. Domenico Scarlatti + Art Tatum = Cocktail Music (1962)-a short virtuosic solo piano concoction. Octet (1963) is a delicately orchestrated canvas of pungent sonorities and airy textures. Chansons Innocentes (1957), are short settings for voice and piano of three e.e. cummings poems.

Yes, I just wrote about that. The context of the drum in that passage might suggest a beat. Four beats to the bar is what is most common to Western Music. There is also the fact that O is the symbol of the whole note which is given by 4 intervals of quarter notes. That has a parallel to the interval of a cycle or a life. A whole note takes up the entirety of the measure in 4/4 time.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Yes, I just wrote about that. The context of the drum in that passage might suggest a beat. Four beats to the bar is what is most common to Western Music. There is also the fact that O is the symbol of the whole note which is given by 4 intervals of quarter notes. That has a parallel to the interval of a cycle or a life. A whole note takes up the entirety of the measure in 4/4 time.

I’m on my phone in the field working, but will hopefully have time soon to kick around ideas.

But even on my phone will share that the number 1881 is a number about time that I believe the Dee/Bacon team left us plenty of lessons to learn.

I see four circles between two pillars pointing to past and future into eternity both directions into all yet discovered dimensions.

<—1881—>

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

3 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

I have a professional history with Drum Circle Facilitators and the 4/4 beat is part of their business plan. LOL

4 is an important number. I think learning Tarot many years before learning of Bacon taught me that. And of course our Native American teachings here in the New Atlantis the number 4 and all circles are to be respected whether separate or together.

3 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

One circle defines the monad, two the vesica, three the equilateral triangle and four the square. This may trigger us into considering what is meant by squaring the circle. Symbolically speaking this is attempting to do what appears to be impossible. One could can potentially equate that to knowing what's on the other side.

"Squaring the circle"? I'm sure you can share some math which is always fun.

For a couple days with no time to poke around the Shakespeare "o,o,o,o" hint has been nagging at me. I am behind the curve as far as the conversation, but I have a hunch there is a lesson by Bacon (and Dee) in the Shakespeare works.

No CJ, I am not trying to recruit anybody in to my hippy cult of Bacon and Love, I am just trying to entertain myself which I need so bad! 😉

Four circles have been used by many powerful entities; tribes, religions, governments, corporations, artists and musicians world wide for centuries, or more.

Shakespeare did not accidentally write this line, "The rest is silence. O, o, o, o. Dyes".

I hope to be back in a bit...

1280px-Audi_logo_detail.svg.png

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

So this is Hamlet's final speech. I have tears in my eyes reading this page. Yea, I've been reading the B'Hive when I can, but until today have not really looked myself. Is this not Bacon leaving a message for us? In the same column I am pasting below, he says things like:

Ham. As th'art a man, giue me the Cup.
Let go, by Heauen Ile haue't.
Oh good Horatio, what a wounded name,
(Things standing thus vnknowne) shall liue behind me.
If thou did'st euer hold me in thy heart,
Absent thee from felicitie awhile,
And in this harsh world draw thy breath in paine,
To tell my Storie.

And from the top of that same column just as Hamlet (Bacon) dies, we can count 287 words excluding an italics.

Just a coincidence? Anybody?? A 287 word count then a big O with three to follow at his death. It is approaching 4 centuries after he died. Right?

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/doc/Ham_F1/page/30/index.html

image.png.e2411e1ee3903906eaf2261f37eee4c2.png

• Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

13 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I have a professional history with Drum Circle Facilitators and the 4/4 beat is part of their business plan. LOL

4 is an important number. I think learning Tarot many years before learning of Bacon taught me that. And of course our Native American teachings here in the New Atlantis the number 4 and all circles are to be respected whether separate or together.

"Squaring the circle"? I'm sure you can share some math which is always fun.

For a couple days with no time to poke around the Shakespeare "o,o,o,o" hint has been nagging at me. I am behind the curve as far as the conversation, but I have a hunch there is a lesson by Bacon (and Dee) in the Shakespeare works.

No CJ, I am not trying to recruit anybody in to my hippy cult of Bacon and Love, I am just trying to entertain myself which I need so bad! 😉

Four circles have been used by many powerful entities; tribes, religions, governments, corporations, artists and musicians world wide for centuries, or more.

Shakespeare did not accidentally write this line, "The rest is silence. O, o, o, o. Dyes".

I hope to be back in a bit...

1280px-Audi_logo_detail.svg.png

Audi is Latin for "listen". The "rest" is silence if you listen. "Dyes" is also a figurative term that applied to sounds (ca. 1580; to dye out or fade) if you look at the etymology. It is unlikely to have been used to suggest dyes (coloring) here. The root of it is in Proto Germanic/Old Saxon words where it has the meaning of secret and in old English where it is has a meaning of secret, hidden, dark, obscure... To "dye" picked up the meaning of fading out of life into the secret realm, presumably. Four beats to nothing but silence. The beat can be thought of as a heart beat which still allows one to march dutifully along until it ceases. Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump, no more...

Esoterically speaking, the intersection of the four circles is what defined the Greek elements (Air, Water, Fire, Earth). That may be the earliest of the symbolisms. 

• Like 2

Another clue on this page where Bacon is about to die that makes me emotional is from the word "name" to "tell my story" are 33 words skipping the ones in parenthesis.

33 is simple cipher for BACON.

(You know this below is classic Bacon/Shakespeare word count technique as introduced in 1916 by F.R.C.) 😉

image.png.8c16289e46b102622f77b42cc25ac41c.png

• Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

3 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Esoterically speaking, the intersection of the four circles is what defined the Greek elements (Air, Water, Fire, Earth). That may be the earliest of the symbolisms. 

Maybe in our Western world defined as such. But four is a number that can work before language had words for it, and circles are concepts easy to grasp without words.

ChatGPT helped me on this:

1. Neolithic and Megalithic Cultures: Circles were prominent in Neolithic and Megalithic cultures, evident in structures like Stonehenge in England and the stone circles scattered across Europe and the British Isles. These structures date back to as early as 3000 BC to 2000 BC, predating the Mycenaean civilization (which began around 1600 BC). While the exact symbolic meanings of these circles to their builders are still debated, they clearly held significant importance.

2. Ancient Mesopotamia: The civilizations of Ancient Mesopotamia, such as the Sumerians, who are credited with the creation of one of the world's earliest civilizations around 4500 BC to 1900 BC, used circular designs in their art and architecture. The wheel, one of humanity's most important inventions, originated in Mesopotamia around 3500 BC. While primarily a practical tool, its circular shape could also carry symbolic meanings of movement, progression, and the heavens.

3. Indigenous Petroglyphs and Rock Art: Various indigenous cultures around the world have created petroglyphs (rock carvings) and rock paintings that include circular motifs, some of which date back to periods well before the emergence of Greek civilization. For example, the rock art in places like Australia, which includes circular motifs, can date back tens of thousands of years.

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

And it's not just those four O's. That speech begins with a big O. There are 5 single defined O's. There may be three more available as well if needed.

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/SLNSW_F1/789/index.html%3Fzoom=850.html

image.png.905d6a55d6c903934c66938eede583dd.png

And I love the word count between the big O's!

I'm not sure I ever had the opportunity to share that 48 is the Simple cipher for CIRCLE. 🙂

image.png.6ebe3cafefe339cd5570e2db15cf470d.png

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Regarding the "O,o,o,o" did someone already draw a parallel with Francis Bacon's Alphabet of Nature ? 

I suppose so.

This is a fourfold alphabet based on a 24 Letter Alphabet , the first Inquisition being Alpha and the 24th inquisition Omega.

Francis Bacon mentions the threefold Omega that is the 72nd inquisition (Meteors), and stops at the 78th inquisition that is the fourfold Zeta.

The fourfold Omega would be the last (96th) inquisition of his fourfold Alphabet ... THE END !

• Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

2 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Regarding the "O,o,o,o" did someone already draw a parallel with Francis Bacon's Alphabet of Nature ?

If so, I must have missed it. Honestly I have missed a little. But I think it would have stood out as those four circles have been in the back of my brain.

Allisnum2er has the eyes to see. 🙂

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Maybe in our Western world defined as such. But four is a number that can work before language had words for it, and circles are concepts easy to grasp without words.

ChatGPT helped me on this:

1. Neolithic and Megalithic Cultures: Circles were prominent in Neolithic and Megalithic cultures, evident in structures like Stonehenge in England and the stone circles scattered across Europe and the British Isles. These structures date back to as early as 3000 BC to 2000 BC, predating the Mycenaean civilization (which began around 1600 BC). While the exact symbolic meanings of these circles to their builders are still debated, they clearly held significant importance.

2. Ancient Mesopotamia: The civilizations of Ancient Mesopotamia, such as the Sumerians, who are credited with the creation of one of the world's earliest civilizations around 4500 BC to 1900 BC, used circular designs in their art and architecture. The wheel, one of humanity's most important inventions, originated in Mesopotamia around 3500 BC. While primarily a practical tool, its circular shape could also carry symbolic meanings of movement, progression, and the heavens.

3. Indigenous Petroglyphs and Rock Art: Various indigenous cultures around the world have created petroglyphs (rock carvings) and rock paintings that include circular motifs, some of which date back to periods well before the emergence of Greek civilization. For example, the rock art in places like Australia, which includes circular motifs, can date back tens of thousands of years.

Nature provides us with facsimiles of circles to experience if we would call them that. There were most certainly the visible examples of the Sun and moon, but I feel not enough is said about the perturbation of water in a single point that produces a groundswell of animation as concentric circles that emanate from it. This must has evoked the dynamism of the life force which springs up from the point. The symbolic power of water is perhaps the most Earth based thing that we could have accessed to create metaphors with as we grew to be ever more prone to anthropomorphizing the world (making nature be in our own image).

The concentric circle is seen in petroglyphs earlier than the circles centered on the circumference of another, presumably. 

To be enclosed in a circle has always been associated with being protected. We lived in them and were buried in them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Nature provides us with facsimiles of circles to experience if we would call them that. There were most certainly the visible examples of the Sun and moon, but I feel not enough is said about the perturbation of water in a single point that produces a groundswell of animation as concentric circles that emanate from it. This must has evoked the dynamism of the life force which springs up from the point. The symbolic power of water is perhaps the most Earth based thing that we could have accessed to create metaphors with as we grew to be ever more prone to anthropomorphizing the world (making nature be in our own image).

The concentric circle is seen in petroglyphs earlier than the circles centered on the circumference of another, presumably. 

To be enclosed in a circle has always been associated with being protected. We lived in them and were buried in them.

Ripples in Time, yes inDeed. 🙂

This is a fun image. Count the circles if you can see them:

https://www.businessinsider.com/four-circles-illusion-2014-12

5498656569bedde064f5162d?width=1000&form

"Ripples in Time" by the late SirBacon.org friend Rainbow Heart:

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

19 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Ripples in Time, yes inDeed. 🙂

This is a fun image. Count the circles if you can see them:

https://www.businessinsider.com/four-circles-illusion-2014-12

5498656569bedde064f5162d?width=1000&form

"Ripples in Time" by the late SirBacon.org friend Rainbow Heart:

I suppose the answer here is that there are none. There are what appear to be circles of discrete alternating circle elements of different colors.  We make up the picture in our minds by filling out the blanks. Not focusing directly on one element at a time give the impression there is motion and intertwined threads there.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

I suppose the answer here is that there are none. There are what appear to be circles of discrete alternating circle elements of different colors.  We make up the picture in our minds by filling out the blanks. Not focusing directly on one element at a time give the impression there is motion and intertwined threads there.

There are four concentric circles that never touch. I shouldn't give up the secret, but I also know nobody will care or look far. LOL

EDIT:

I don't know if this helps see the circles, but now there are 7 that never touch. 😉

image.png.7ae371e5ac3d0259d88285fb8d80d918.png

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->