Not Strictly Baconian, but Exciting, Nonetheless...

Here is a list of facts:

- I'm 17 years old and currently unenrolled from high school.

- When I was in the sixth grade, I began writing a novel. I remember the thing started out as a simple pastime, but my pre-adolescent brain had bitten off more than it could chew.

- Now, five years and 56,000 words later, The Life of Arti Usher is complete.

- The manuscript of TLOAU has gone through many drafts and changes. I've produced dozens of distinctive illustrations in the style of Edward Gorey and an eerie new cover design that will blow your socks off.

- Initially, much of the narrative was centered on a group of Freemasons in the fictional town of Weameworth. After much thought and consideration, I removed all direct references to Masonry. However, a basic knowledge of the Craft remains essential to understanding the book's message and symbolism.

- There are several slyly placed Baconian references in the text. 

- Late in the game, I got my hands on the most amazing editor - or rather, she got her hands on me. Ms. Cheryl Carter has helped enormously with the process, never afraid to damn the worst of my writing to eternal hellfire if needed.

- I'm still writing query letters. I hope to have it published by the end of next year. Fingers crossed.

- Contact me if interested in becoming a beta reader.

That's all for now!

And Rob: feel free to strike this post down if it isn't Baconian enough!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

20 minutes ago, Marvin Haines said:

That's all for now!

I'll suggest you are plenty Baconian enough to promote whatever you do!

I'd be interested in being a beta reader, but I swear I can not read very well anymore. I read backwards, up and down, barely reading a few sentences at a time forward. 🙂

• Haha 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Be careful with publishers. They will happily take your money. You've written a book, and no one can take that away from you. It doesn't need to exist in any physical sense for it to be an achievement. If you want your work read, give it away. If it is money and fame you are after then there is something in the craft that touches on that. A realistic downside of publishing books is that it could cost you many thousands and you could be sitting on many boxes of books for the rest of your life. I have close relatives who can vouch for that.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

15 hours ago, Marvin Haines said:

- I'm still writing query letters. I hope to have it published by the end of next year. Fingers crossed.

That's all for now!

Hi Marvin 

Well done on completing your book. I didn’t realise you were at query stage. That’s great. I hope you do get it picked up.  If not you could ask Christie about her publishing experience, maybe she has some tips. Amazon is completely free. It's tricky to get used to but there are plenty of info sites and people who can help you get it to published stage. Each book is printed on demand in the country of purchase.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

I’m sorry I can’t be a beta reader right at this time but I’ll message you if some spare time frees up in next few weeks. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8