Francis Bacon's second life in Transylvania

Hallo, I am the author of The Royal Secret a history/mystery/tragedy 'faction' novel published in 2016 on Amazon which obtained many good reviews on Goodreads. It portrays Bacon as the link between the ancient Hermetic past via Christ and Mary Magdalene to todays misuse of Masonry by the US Deep State.

Bacon's life runs parallel in the search for truth alongside a modern day heroine who comes across Bacon in her own endeavours. Few books look into the subject of Bacon's faked death in 1626 but The Royal Secret details his life until 1645 as a guest of the Rakoczi Royal family of Transylvania where he wrote the Rosicrucian "Der Fama" together with Valentin Andrea. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jon bentley said:

Hallo, I am the author of The Royal Secret a history/mystery/tragedy 'faction' novel published in 2016 on Amazon which obtained many good reviews on Goodreads. It portrays Bacon as the link between the ancient Hermetic past via Christ and Mary Magdalene to todays misuse of Masonry by the US Deep State.

Bacon's life runs parallel in the search for truth alongside a modern day heroine who comes across Bacon in her own endeavours. Few books look into the subject of Bacon's faked death in 1626 but The Royal Secret details his life until 1645 as a guest of the Rakoczi Royal family of Transylvania where he wrote the Rosicrucian "Der Fama" together with Valentin Andrea. 

Hi jon

We're a somewhat conservative lot here when it comes to history and the life of Lord Bacon. We're here to revere and learn from him. Sounds like you also revere Francis Bacon. I'm curious as to why you chose the 'faction' genre, as opposed to a straight 'history' covering the same ground. Perhaps I'm missing the point? Please enlighten.

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Roberts said:

Hi jon

We're a somewhat conservative lot here when it comes to history and the life of Lord Bacon. We're here to revere and learn from him. Sounds like you also revere Francis Bacon. I'm curious as to why you chose the 'faction' genre, as opposed to a straight 'history' covering the same ground. Perhaps I'm missing the point? Please enlighten.

Welcome, by the way.

• Like 2

For all Baconians interested in some of the more arcane, complex and controversial aspects about the secret life and writings of Lord Bacon this is a thoroughly engaging and riveting read which provides in its 'faction' format much food for thought and opens up several vistas and avenues for possible future study into FB's place in history and his relevance and importance in the modern world we live in today.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

I seem unable to reply directly to Eric's query as to why my book The Royal Secret is wriiten as a novel, so here is my attempt to do so here:-

I did so for several reasons.

First because few people if any have sought to put Bacon's life into context in relation to the past and the present. I have presented him as the missing link between the teachings of the Hermetic past and the misuse of Masonic teaching by those who today secretly govern the Masonic state of America.  Masonic teachings are in reality ages old, and little or nothing to do with Weishaupt, and Bacon revived them as they should be becoming Englands foremost Mason. 

Secondly because Bacon's mission in himself and as Shake-Speare was to find the truth in life which is often overlooked. I sought to portray his life in parallel to a modern woman of today in her personal search for truth in a corrupt world in which good and evil are in constant opposition to try to gain interest from a wider circle of potential readers, particularly women who in general prefer to read the human and emotional aspects of life, and also read far more novels than men.   In part I sought to follow in style in the footsteps of Hilary Mancel and her popular history/mystery faction stories. 

It can be fairly said that my book uses some imaginative narrative based around the facts as known of or reasonably put forward by Alfred Dodd who I consider with many others as good an authoritative author on Bacon as any other, and to my mind the best. Narrative is usual in a novel and can help give greater interest than dry facts already known and written in thousands of previous books on the Shakespeare/Bacon subject. In short I tried to be different but in favour of bringing Bacon's genius to the notice of a wider public and to an extent, for example in bringing in the strong possibility of twenty years of his later life spent in Transylvania to raise discussion. The Royal Secret also contains many Shakespearean quotes which I use to illustrate my story analagous to it and to modern day actions and events. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Eric Roberts said:

Hi jon

We're a somewhat conservative lot here when it comes to history and the life of Lord Bacon.

I may push those boundaries a bit with my Sonnets interpretations. LOL

Please feel free to share, Jon. I suspect you are seasoned enough to kick around ideas. The B'Hive is open to Baconian concepts which covers a vast sea of beliefs.

We are also open to challenging and questioning what each of us may say, and that is what makes this even more inclusive, fun, and educational. 😉

• Like 4

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

18 hours ago, jon bentley said:

I seem unable to reply directly to Eric's query as to why my book The Royal Secret is wriiten as a novel, so here is my attempt to do so here:-

I did so for several reasons.

First because few people if any have sought to put Bacon's life into context in relation to the past and the present. I have presented him as the missing link between the teachings of the Hermetic past and the misuse of Masonic teaching by those who today secretly govern the Masonic state of America.  Masonic teachings are in reality ages old, and little or nothing to do with Weishaupt, and Bacon revived them as they should be becoming Englands foremost Mason. 

Secondly because Bacon's mission in himself and as Shake-Speare was to find the truth in life which is often overlooked. I sought to portray his life in parallel to a modern woman of today in her personal search for truth in a corrupt world in which good and evil are in constant opposition to try to gain interest from a wider circle of potential readers, particularly women who in general prefer to read the human and emotional aspects of life, and also read far more novels than men.   In part I sought to follow in style in the footsteps of Hilary Mancel and her popular history/mystery faction stories. 

It can be fairly said that my book uses some imaginative narrative based around the facts as known of or reasonably put forward by Alfred Dodd who I consider with many others as good an authoritative author on Bacon as any other, and to my mind the best. Narrative is usual in a novel and can help give greater interest than dry facts already known and written in thousands of previous books on the Shakespeare/Bacon subject. In short I tried to be different but in favour of bringing Bacon's genius to the notice of a wider public and to an extent, for example in bringing in the strong possibility of twenty years of his later life spent in Transylvania to raise discussion. The Royal Secret also contains many Shakespearean quotes which I use to illustrate my story analagous to it and to modern day actions and events. 

John's Book is available here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Secret-John-Bentley/dp/136765324X

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 5:49 PM, Christie Waldman said:

Welcome, John. Can you define "faction novel," please? That is a new term to me. Are there any other books that come to mind that you know of that are written in this genre? If not, no problem. I'm just trying to understand the term.

Hallo Christie, "faction" is a mix between fact and fiction. It is most used in novels which use a certain amount of imagined narrative based on known factual events. It is used by many authors to try to make sometimes dry factual accounts more descriptive and interesting to read.              Its also fun for the author to do. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

Forgot to give other faction authors. Best seller Hilary Mancel and her books on the Elizabethan era are famous and she has won many awards for them in which she uses lots of imaginative narrative.

Dan Brown also, who for instance does a great deal of research into the reality of conspiracy theories  such as The Holy Grail, and the Masonic elements of Washington and the founders of America as background for his thrillers which have sold in their millions.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jon bentley said:

Hallo Christie, "faction" is a mix between fact and fiction. It is most used in novels which use a certain amount of imagined narrative based on known factual events. It is used by many authors to try to make sometimes dry factual accounts more descriptive and interesting to read.              Its also fun for the author to do. Hope this helps.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:15 PM, Light-of-Truth said:

I may push those boundaries a bit with my Sonnets interpretations. LOL

Please feel free to share, Jon. I suspect you are seasoned enough to kick around ideas. The B'Hive is open to Baconian concepts which covers a vast sea of beliefs.

We are also open to challenging and questioning what each of us may say, and that is what makes this even more inclusive, fun, and educational. 😉

Thanks for this. I  believe that the Sonnets were written by Bacon in his love for Henry Wriothesley the beautiful  young Earl of Southampton who also sponsored Bacon's plays. Byron who lived later wrote similar prose to his own young lovers male and female and there seems little doubt that Bacon was at times enamoured by both sexes. The "Dark Lady" in the Sonnets could either be Bacon's mother Queen Elizabeth or Princess Marguerite of Navarre who first initiated Bacon into a love affair with a woman at a tender age and then dropped him. Who do you think the "dark lady" was?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jon bentley said:

Who do you think the "dark lady" was?

Elizabeth. And his love poems to men I believe to be to himself writing to his three separate ids that are living in the Sonnets; "William Tudor", "Francis Bacon", and "Will Shakespeare." Three themes in one, right? Fair, Kind, and True (in his words).

Maybe he was in love with Henry and/or Marguerite. And that may be expressed in the same words and lines I interpret from his Royal identity crisis that was his way to leave an autobiography. I see it all differently, but will acknowledge that all of his works are multi-layered, even multi-dimensional. 😉

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

On 1/25/2024 at 11:20 PM, Light-of-Truth said:

Elizabeth. And his love poems to men I believe to be to himself writing to his three separate ids that are living in the Sonnets; "William Tudor", "Francis Bacon", and "Will Shakespeare." Three themes in one, right? Fair, Kind, and True (in his words).

Maybe he was in love with Henry and/or Marguerite. And that may be expressed in the same words and lines I interpret from his Royal identity crisis that was his way to leave an autobiography. I see it all differently, but will acknowledge that all of his works are multi-layered, even multi-dimensional. 😉

That is serious food for thought  on a whole new plane. 

But it would effectively make Bacon a psychological narcissist. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jon bentley said:

That is serious food for thought  on a whole new plane. 

But it would effectively make Bacon a psychological narcissist. 

In my opinion, Bacon was leaving his life story in a cryptic method. I never took his meaning as narcissist, but have felt the turmoil he must have gone through living a lie within a lie in public.

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

On 1/27/2024 at 1:35 PM, Light-of-Truth said:

In my opinion, Bacon was leaving his life story in a cryptic method. I never took his meaning as narcissist, but have felt the turmoil he must have gone through living a lie within a lie in public.

Denial by his mother as her child and to his rights as heir to the throne were surely hurtful. Hamlet as he casts himself (his mother the Queen called him piglet) is perhaps the most obvious admission by Bacon as to who he really was.

In my book I repeat the known story that Bacon wrote Ur-Hamlet (Ur meaning prodigal) when he was 23 and his father Robert Dudley then in charge of the Queen's entertainment saw it in rehearsal and banned it being staqed on the basis the Queen may recognise its meaning, and it was not performed for the next twenty years until after her death.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hamlet is a revelation of the truth of Bacon's true position,both as the son of the Queen and as its writer. His mother nicknamed him piglet and the play and its famous lines To Be or Not to Be (King) and the Hamlet name could not be more explicit.

Bacon first wrote it as Ur (i.e.prodigal) Hamlet soon after his exile in France for three years when he was twenty two but his father Dudley saw it in rehearsal and banned it as being a dig at the Queen at disinheriting Bacon. Various dates have been given for its first performance but it is most likely it was after her death. 

• Like 3