A Small Detail Which Exposes the Grand Scheme

18 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

Thanx for being the first person from this community to look at the page and comment.

The identification by CV2 (OpenCV) of the bounding boxes is only sometimes correct, as is seen in the sample from the First Folio you have drawn attention to. I think it will always take some hand-crafting on the part of humans to produce the human-validated data set (of images) which is fundamental to AI Object Detection. Even then the results produced always have a Confidence Level attached to them, so the paradigm is different from say, COBOL64 in 1978, whose intent is to spit out "correct" results. This style of programming begins with a verified dataset called Ground Truth data, which is used to "train"  a neural network to identify specified image objects, such as "Elizabethan Upper Case A".

So the Bodleian Library downloads for Text Encoding Initiative files of the text of each of the First Folio plays (which I believe you actually looked in the content of some months ago, you mentioned on this Forum) give us in a machine-readable form which each letter "should" be. The Riverbank monographs include two examples of human-decoded results. at my website, gorhambury.org, there are dedicated pages for each, The Prologue (from Troilus and Cressida) and then the IM Poem. These can assist in coralling each letter into a bounding box, with the relation to a correct-identity letter of the alphabet. 

But actually I still don't understand your question, whether you are criticizing the methodology, or what. The project is a work-in-progress, I keep hoping with some one with deep experience will take an interest in the project.

• Like 1

"........ I keep hoping with some one with deep experience will take an interest in the project. "

I keep hoping you will show a sample of your subject text to compare with your 'deciphered' results.

• Like 1

The man in the moone was not a buffoon

On 1/15/2024 at 7:54 PM, FB Decipherer said:

This style of programming begins with a verified dataset called Ground Truth data, which is used to "train"  a neural network to identify specified image objects, such as "Elizabethan Upper Case A".

Need to start more basic, like teaching the neural network to know from an Elizabethan "f" and "s". Many of us humans have learned to see the difference, even if at first embarrassed among others who already learned. LOL

image.png.9f7b114095ba83ff96e35ab325e6d15f.png

Those are both "s" in "ministers" and "instruments" but your program took them as "f"s.

I was thinking, it would be easier to build a program to encode biliteral ciphers and perfect it, then work backwards to decode pre-digital biliteral ciphers where they may exist.

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

On 1/15/2024 at 7:54 PM, FB Decipherer said:

But actually I still don't understand your question, whether you are criticizing the methodology, or what.

I'm questioning and you have our attention. I've spent time on your site, yet am still not sure if you are saying you have some deciphered results from your program or not. If you are not then I am not asking the right questions. 🙂

I enjoy the biliteral cipher. Myself, I have not seen an example of it being used as Bacon described with two different type-styles that is convincing to me. I expect that there are yet to be discovered messages using a biliteral cipher, but I'm not expecting it to be two different types of letters. It was a great example, but there are so many other ways that nobody looks for.

Its so easy to encode. That's why I said a program to encode first might be a better way to go.

For fun:

Knowledge is Power

Turn it into a biliteral code:

https://cryptii.com/pipes/bacon-cipher

image.png.0e2a63b18dce6a121c72088bfcba08d0.png

See now we have this:

abaab abbaa abbab babaa ababa aabaa aaabb aabba aabaa abaaa baaab abbba abbab babaa aabaa baaaa

Knowledge is Power is 16 letters and each letter has five cipher places. 16 x 5 is 80 so we need plain text of 80 characters. If we are counting only letters, then here is an easy grab 80 letters to use from the beginning of the Sonnets:

FRom fairest creatures we desire increase,
That thereby beauties Rose might neuer die,
But as the

A little clean up of spaces and removing the commas, it is simple to key up the plaintext to the cipher characters and do something to pass on the message:

image.png.9b59f3719e6b8906aab8862c2525f700.png

Then format back to a readable presentation:

image.png.e4f02981798d0dd2ad887ab5e00d54c7.png

The above color biliteral hidden message is "Knowledge is Power".

EDIT:

Here is a very basic biliteral cipher number with a message:

Shouldn't take very long to get it. It'll take a moment perhaps. 🙂

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

13 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Here is a very basic biliteral cipher number with a message:

Shouldn't take very long to get it. It'll take a moment perhaps. 🙂

Hi Rob,

Here is an extended version, just for fun  😉 :

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

3 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

Hi Rob,

Here is an extended version, just for fun  😉 :

Beautiful! I got it. I'd post the the answer now, but maybe somebody else wants to try? FB Deciphere?

🙂

BTW, love your choice of cipher characters! LOL

Clue, three words.

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to be tweeting about the Biliteral this week and stumbled across something. 

As you may know Knowledge is Power is on the Friedman’s gravestone in Arlington Cemetery and it was noticed there were serifs on some of the letters. Someone suspected the Biliteral cipher had been used. Sure enough a piece of paper surfaced - now famously posted on Elonka.com and highlighted in APs brilliant book about the Friedmans - showing that Elizebeth had ordered it and it decyphered to the 3 letters WFF. 
IMG_1373.jpeg.4bcd84555e74bd06205fcbf93da46cb1.jpeg

https://elonka.com/friedman/

However what no one saw was that WFF didn’t only replicate William F Friedman’s initials but is 33 in simple cipher!

So they had encoded Bacon’s name in his ‘motto’. I think I’m the first one to spot this. 

It also makes me wonder whether William Friedman’s middle name really began with an F as it seems coincidental that his initials sum to 33, plus I wonder if they had stumbled across a technique where Bacon used Biliteral and then Simple together, so keep your eye out for that - a double coding!

Additionally, when I think about the whole use of the word Two in acrostic in the FF with To the reader and other 2’s etc etc (discussed many times on B’Hive) and then the famous To be or not to be (2b or not 2b) line, I wonder if it’s all a pointer, not just to the importance of 22 (TT) and duality to these guys (22 has significant importance in Rosicrucianism - see my book) but to the Biliteral cipher which is binary (2 letters) a and b.

Who first picked out that phrase from Hamlet and made it so wildly famous and why? There are literally thousands of other lines within plays that could have become famous. Indeed, there are lots of others but globally this is perhaps the most well-known. 

As yet another aside ab in simple cipher is 3.

Why did Bacon not choose an an and z or an an and d, for example.

Food for thought

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8

Oh also, this is William F Friedman 

babaa abaaa ababa ababa abaaa aaaaa ababb aabab aabab baaaa abaaa aabaa aaabb ababb aaaaa abbaa

Made me wonder if Elizebeth spelt her name in that unusual way on purpose? I need to delve into that one. 

• Like 3

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8

• 1 month later...
Just now, FB Decipherer said:

At least Somebody here is doing thier job!

People like you think that everyone here in the Bighorn Basin still writes with a goose-quill pen, just because a few eccentrics like me prefer this...well, if you are British, I don't have to explain, already, Eccentric Males to you, do i?

In truth, nearly everyone here owns at least one ballpoint pen. At the bank office window we have here in town, they keep a transparent plastic bucket of ballpoint pens, and they are Free. You don't have to have an account or ask permission. They are trusting you to not abscond to behind the Saloon so as to trade them all for a cigarette...it's the "Honor System".

Last year they had a Customer Appreciation Day with free coffee and donuts, and they gave away 18-inch rulers with their official registered named burnt into the clear lacquered wood with their Corporate Branding Iron.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

In truth, nearly everyone here owns at least one ballpoint pen. At the bank office window we have here in town, they keep a transparent plastic bucket of ballpoint pens, and they are Free. You don't have to have an account or ask permission. They are trusting you to not abscond to behind the Saloon so as to trade them all for a cigarette...it's the "Honor System".

Is that like the Bighorn Basin version of FREE internet?

"Grab a pen, no password required."

Makes me homesick for the central Rockies where the bank president comes to work in spurs and chaps.

But the questions is, To Spur or Not to Spur.

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

6 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Is that like the Bighorn Basin version of FREE internet?

"Grab a pen, no password required."

Makes me homesick for the central Rockies where the bank president comes to work in spurs and chaps.

But the questions is, To Spur or Not to Spur.

just outside the municipal limits is the abode of feral horses and rattlesnakes/ And a few solitary oil rigs. I drove all the way to the top of Black Mountain, on the way to the hot mineral baths in Thermopolis, and found a cluster of four rigs ON THE SUMMIT of Black Mountain

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

just outside the municipal limits is the abode of feral horses and rattlesnakes/ And a few solitary oil rigs. I drove all the way to the top of Black Mountain, on the way to the hot mineral baths in Thermopolis, and found a cluster of four rigs ON THE SUMMIT of Black Mountain

Here is a google earth map of Black Mountain, it really does appear that color from a distance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6414986,-107.6979758,168m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Was it the hydrocarbons from within the earth bubbling up? I think I see the four oil rigs atop the mountain, just beneath the XX-long shadows of the 'electricical' lines.

We are refreshingly free here from the slavery of State Auto Inspections, so you can drive a rattletrap 1998 Nissan Sentra like me. I drove it all the way up the winding dirt road, that was irresponsible, I have always been struggling with the urge to satisfy Curiosity, maybe there is something protecting me, I've had some close calls over the years from giving in to the urge.

• Wow! 1

47 minutes ago, FB Decipherer said:

Here is a google earth map of Black Mountain, it really does appear that color from a distance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6414986,-107.6979758,168m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Was it the hydrocarbons from within the earth bubbling up? I think I see the four oil rigs atop the mountain, just beneath the XX-long shadows of the 'electricical' lines.

We are refreshingly free here from the slavery of State Auto Inspections, so you can drive a rattletrap 1998 Nissan Sentra like me. I drove it all the way up the winding dirt road, that was irresponsible, I have always been struggling with the urge to satisfy Curiosity, maybe there is something protecting me, I've had some close calls over the years from giving in to the urge.

IMG_0490.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FB Decipherer said:

I see what appears to be Morrison Formation layers. You might find dinosaur bones and fossils there. What fun it would be to search that slope! 🙂

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

26 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I see what appears to be Morrison Formation layers. You might find dinosaur bones and fossils there. What fun it would be to search that slope! 🙂

Come and be my guest and we can explore this together.

Even better, at the edge of the town I live in is the 20 mile expanse of box canyons and hoodoos called The Honeycombs. I went all the 17.5 miles into it as my birthday present to myself a few years ago. A spontaneous solo drive there was irresponsible, even in a suitable SUV, but I couldn't resist the urge any longer, as in 1994 or so there was discovered there, at the side of Blue Bank Road, the first-ever fossils of Plant Matter from the Jurassic Age. Dino bones fossilize permanently, vegetation does not, so until then really nothing was known about what they actually ate. A quick WWW search now returned no references online to this discovery, but for a while there were paleontologist from around the world digging away in this place which is very remote and desolate, even for Wyoming.

Blue Bank Road gets its name from a purported vast landslide which was part of the geological conditions which were so unusual it set up the unique nook for fossils.

A very pleasant article from Smithsonian:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/hunting-lost-worlds-wyomings-bighorn-basin-180959338/

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Just now, FB Decipherer said:

Come and be my guest and we can explore this together.

Even better, at the edge of the town I live in is the 20 mile expanse of box canyons and hoodoos called The Honeycombs. I went all the 17.5 miles into it as my birthday present to myself a few years ago. A spontaneous solo drive there was irresponsible, even in a suitable SUV, but I couldn't resist the urge any longer, as in 1994 or so there was discovered there, at the side of Blue Bank Road, the first-ever fossils of Plant Matter from the Jurassic Age. Dino bones fossilize permanently, vegetation does not, so until then really nothing was known about what they actually ate. A quick WWW search now returned no references online to this discovery, but for a while there were paleontologist from around the world digging away in this place which is very remote and desolate, even for Wyoming.

Blue Bank Road gets its name from a purported vast landslide which was part of the geological conditions which were so unusual it set up the unique nook for fossils.

A very pleasant article from Smithsonian:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/hunting-lost-worlds-wyomings-bighorn-basin-180959338/

Am I to understand that your grasp of the regional geology is such that at a glance you could ID the FMN as Morrision?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FB Decipherer said:

Am I to understand that your grasp of the regional geology is such that at a glance you could ID the FMN as Morrision?

From the Google Earth view I am triggered by the pastel "Easter Egg" color stripes to look for petrified bones. Call it a specialized reaction from seeking prehistoric treasures in Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and Wyoming. See the Google view is similar to seeing a few pages of the First Folio the first time.

"There will be treasures to discover!" 🙂

It may not be Morrison, but it has that look to me. If I were to look for dinosaur bones, I'd start where I point with the arrow. Like a geological cipher needs deciphered!

image.png.cbaf658007a79fcc3b1e1c0ddc1be5b2.png

• Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->