COMMENTS ON THE FBS 2024 NEWSLETTERS

Congratulations to the Francis Bacon Society for reinvigorating their monthly newsletter. What a good read. So much time and effort, not to mention rigorous scholarship, good design and a friendly, respectful approach (just the right tone, I'd say), all for no remuneration. Just love.

Only checked out the FBS Twitter site (is that the right term?) today and was pleasantly surprised and impressed to see so many of Viscount St Alban's portraits, in stone as we'll as on canvass. There is a "buzz" or fresh breeze permeating the Francis Bacon Society's public interface. The proposed alterations to the FBS website - e.g. the store - will go some way towards lifting the image of the Society... a little more progressive and proactive, perhaps? 

Great job, FBS. Now would be a good time for any forum members who would like to share their insights to submit articles for publication.

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Roberts said:

Congratulations to the Francis Bacon Society for reinvigorating their monthly newsletter. What a good read. So much time and effort, not to mention rigorous scholarship, good design and a friendly, respectful approach (just the right tone, I'd say), all for no remuneration. Just love.

Only checked out the FBS Twitter site (is that the right term?) today and was pleasantly surprised and impressed to see so many of Viscount St Alban's portraits, in stone as we'll as on canvass. There is a "buzz" or fresh breeze permeating the Francis Bacon Society's public interface. The proposed alterations to the FBS website - e.g. the store - will go some way towards lifting the image of the Society... a little more progressive and proactive, perhaps? 

Great job, FBS. Now would be a good time for any forum members who would like to share their insights to submit articles for publication.

Thank you Eric for mentioning the newsletter! I had it in my email seeing the note from Sally, but had overlooked the newsletter. (Call me blind as a bat!) We had a crazy hectic couple days here to finish 2023! I better looked back through all my messages and see what else I have missed! UGH

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Sally Gibbins and the Francis Bacon Society for another absorbing newsletter. If the first three editions of the re-born FBS newsletter are anything to go by, the annual Baconiana will be a publication of some weight.  The latest edition consists of three articles, each of which makes an important contribution to Baconian studies. 

Secret Bacon-Shakespeare Links: Bacon Memorial Verses, The Shakespeare First Folio & The Stratford Monument by A Phoenix

Francis Bacon’s Private Manuscript Library by Sally Gibbons (Editor)

Francis Bacon on Film by Jonathon Freeman

This is all brand new research on Francis Bacon's immense legacy. I'll have to let these three brilliant articles speak for themselves, and end with a small observation.

At the top of the page, above the beginning of the first article is this quote by Francis Bacon.

ScreenShot2024-02-03at11_23_09pm.png.3edfcc9fe6dab62d9695fbc1abab6922.png

In the past, such gratuitous acts of devotion to the Master have been absent. It's only my opinion, but the Francis Bacon Society seems to have got its heart back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

FRANCIS BACON SOCIETY NEWSLETTER No. 5, MAY 2024

Another splendid newsletter this month filling us in about the guided tour of Gray's Inn on the 138th anniversary of the FBS - what privileged access!...

...Jono Freeman's long meditation on how his love and understanding of Francis Bacon transforms his approach to performing in Shakespearean plays...

...my historical piece about the dragon whistle that belonged to Sir Nicholas Bacon (thank you so much FBS for publishing it)... and more besides.

If you post here regularly and are not yet a member of the Society, you are missing out, assuming you have a fascination for all things Bacon.

If you are already a member, here's an opportunity to get your work read by people who can relate and who share your enthusiasm for F.B.

Short form articles for the Newsletter are very welcome. Long form essays belong in Baconiana which will be published in November.

PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING A MEMBER OF

THE FRANCIS BACON SOCIETY

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1