Jump to content

Hello - I'm Heather


Recommended Posts

It's lovely to meet you all - I am Heather Simpkin - FBS and FBRT member for about 10 years.  Based in the UK, I am a writer, director and theatre producer - www.bearintheairproductions.com - and run a Shakespeare tour every summer. I have written a play about FB which is waiting for a theatre (it's extremely hard to get anything new produced) and am starting a book for actors based on FB's philosophy & writings.  I am interested in everything Bacon and have friends around the globe with the same interests. I look forward to reading everything on this site and hopefully meeting some of you in the fture.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Heather and welcome to the forum.

I've had a look at your impressive website and sad we have missed your Summer season which looked really engaging and lots of fun (there's always next year though!). 

Francis Bacon should definitely be brought to the stage so I'm very interested and intrigued to hear of your play one very much needed I would suggest. Likewise with a book for actors, there's plenty that FB would be able to advise actors on (indeed all of us) if we take his maxim "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts." 

Hope you enjoy looking around the forum and great to meet you Heather.

The Phoenixes.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, A Phoenix said:

Hello Heather and welcome to the forum.

I've had a look at your impressive website and sad we have missed your Summer season which looked really engaging and lots of fun. (there's always next year though!) 

Francis Bacon should definitely be brought to the stage so I'm very intersted and intrigued to hear of your play - very much needed I would suggest. Likewise with a book for actors, there's plenty that FB would be able to advise actors on (indeed all of us) if we take his maxim "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts." 

Hope you enjoy looking around the forum and great to meet you Heather.

The Phoenixes

 

 

Hi Heather & Phoenixes

Does the identity of the author make any difference to the reception of a Shakespeare play? If one of the plays was rehearsed by actors fully aware of the real author's real biography, rather than the made up one of the Stratford ostler, would the audience experience the play differently?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Eric,

You know it would!

When the world-wide audience of theatre-goers are informed (through various methods of delivery by FB's secret Rosicrucian Brotherhood) or eventually come to realize that the Shakespeare plays were written by Lord Bacon it opens up an unending vista of exciting possibilities for scholarship, theatre and dramaturgy, which would elevate them even higher in the consciousness of humankind. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, A Phoenix said:

Hi Eric,

You know it would!

When the world-wide audience of theatre-goers are informed (through various methods of delivery by FB's secret Rosicrucian Brotherhood) or eventually come to realize that the Shakespeare plays were written by Lord Bacon it opens up an unending vista of exciting possibilities for scholarship, theatre and dramaturgy, which would elevate them even higher in the consciousness of humankind. 

Yes, what a stupid question to ask. I was thinking of live performance and the intentionality of the direction and acting - if it would communicate. But of course, an informed audience would be greatly enriched by all the interconnections between the plays and the life and writing of Francis Bacon. The plays would finally make sense!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Eric, 

not a stupid question at all - a very interesting one that is well worth asking because although as Baconians we naturally feel that the knowledge we bring to a Shakespeare play with all the parallels with Bacon's life can only serve to enrich the experience, some people obviously feel profoundly inspired and connected to Shakespeare even if they don't know of the true authorship. I expect though that a Baconian view gives a whole new and deeper meaning to the plays. It will be Interesting to hear from Heather from an actor's point of view as to how a Baconian perspective might affect the performance process.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Hi Eric, 

not a stupid question at all - a very interesting one that is well worth asking because although as Baconians we naturally feel that the knowledge we bring to a Shakespeare play with all the parallels with Bacon's life can only serve to enrich the experience, some people obviously feel profoundly inspired and connected to Shakespeare even if they don't know of the true authorship. I expect though that a Baconian view gives a whole new and deeper meaning to the plays. It will be Interesting to hear from Heather from an actor's point of view as to how a Baconian perspective might affect the performance process.

And then people like me. I was never interested in Shakespeare until I learned of Bacon. Seriously, I lived in the 1990's in the US and some kind of weird old fashioned Monte Python lingo in out-dated plays was the very furthest thing in my mind. Yet now, Bacon's works are the core of who I am. LOL

Shakespeare is still very much behind the veil to the masses. Bacon's story will pierce the veil and tear it wide open so everyone can enjoy the works of Shakespeare/Bacon.

Welcome, Heather! Your team of new friends is here ready to enjoy your company! 🙂

 

  • Like 4

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Heather Simpkin said:

It's lovely to meet you all - I am Heather Simpkin - FBS and FBRT member for about 10 years.

It's so lovely to meet you! 🙂

Feel free to link and promote your website and or projects. You look pretty normal, so hope we are not too crazy for you! LOL

https://www.bearintheairproductions.com/HS_bio.html

image.png.91ac7551bc95ea174b7755294e14405e.png

  • Like 5

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 7:26 AM, Heather Simpkin said:

It's lovely to meet you all - I am Heather Simpkin - FBS and FBRT member for about 10 years.  Based in the UK, I am a writer, director and theatre producer - www.bearintheairproductions.com - and run a Shakespeare tour every summer. I have written a play about FB which is waiting for a theatre (it's extremely hard to get anything new produced) and am starting a book for actors based on FB's philosophy & writings.  I am interested in everything Bacon and have friends around the globe with the same interests. I look forward to reading everything on this site and hopefully meeting some of you in the fture.

Hi Heather. The philosophy is what Bacon makes him stand apart. He's the modern father of Western Empiricism and part of the reason why we have a better defined line between what is useful and what is not. I wonder a lot about how he thought too. His politics often rub me the wrong way, but he seems to have sacrificed a lot, in principle, to try and achieve things which he saw as progress. So much of it is related to the concept of harmony.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...