YOUR COMMENTS ON "BACONIANA", VOL. 1, No. 1, DECEMBER 2023

Eric Roberts

In a word - exciting! The new layout is restrained without being boring, classy but composed. The Editorial, The New Rise of a Worldwide Baconian Movement, was a much needed wake-up call. A challenge, even, and a must read. The Revels reports on the gathering of Baconians in Piccadilly at the beginning of the year to commemorate Lord Verulam's 462 birthday. It then plunges into the archives in a nostalgic look back on past Francis Bacon Society events. Three fantastic book reviews follow, topped off by a plug for Jono's latest video performance. A modest meal, perhaps, but perfectly cooked with love in service to humankind. Next year's Baconiana is sure to feature a wide selection of new writing on Francis Bacon's life and work.

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Eric Roberts changed the title to YOUR COMMENTS ON "BACONIANA", VOL. 1, No. 1, DECEMBER 2023
21 hours ago, Eric Roberts said:

In a word - exciting! The new layout is restrained without being boring, classy but composed. The Editorial, The New Rise of a Worldwide Baconian Movement, was a much needed wake-up call. A challenge, even, and a must read. The Revels reports on the gathering of Baconians in Piccadilly at the beginning of the year to commemorate Lord Verulam's 462 birthday. It then plunges into the archives in a nostalgic look back on past Francis Bacon Society events. Three fantastic book reviews follow, topped off by a plug for Jono's latest video performance. A modest meal, perhaps, but perfectly cooked with love in service to humankind. Next year's Baconiana is sure to feature a wide selection of new writing on Francis Bacon's life and work.

Constance Pott Archive

https://encore.libraries.london.ac.uk/iii/encore/record/C__Rx1625017__SFrancis Bacon SOCIETY__P0%2C1__Orightresult__U__X4?lang=eng&suite=shl

Durning-Lawrence Archive

https://encore.libraries.london.ac.uk/iii/encore/search/C__Sdurning-lawrence__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=shl&fromMain=yes

Can't find the main FBS Library database

https://www.london.ac.uk/about/services/senate-house-library/collections/printed-special-collections/francis-bacon-society-library

ScreenShot2023-12-05at8_47_19pm.png.42b96cc5031f4f0f189805c8d93348b9.png

• Like 2
  • Wow! 3

Just to clarify - the FBS website was created and written years ago and I had no input in it.  Currently I cannot access it, edit, add or delete anything on it, and I exercise no influence whatsoever on what appears on the FBS website.

In short I have no control, access or direction over anything to do with the FBS Website.

I, like everybody else can submit work to the FBS and they decide whether or not they wish to place that work on their website or YouTube channel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1