The Square Magazine: Monthly publication for Freemasons with articles on Bacon & the RC Brotherhood

2 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Hi everyone,

Kate has just sent over this very interesting monthly publication with an article (with great images) on the Great One.

https://www.thesquaremagazine.com/mag/article/202210sir-francis-bacon-and-salomons-house/

Confessio Fraternitatis: "Believe us, Truth is simple and unconcealed, while falsehood is complex, deeply hidden, proud, and its worldly knowledge, seemingly a glitter with godly luster, is often mistaken for divine wisdom." The word "glitter" or "glister" rings a bell.

• Like 3

Kenneth C. Jack is not square enough for my taste.  He brings up the subject of  Bacon's bribery without acknowledging that Bacon was innocent despite having claimed he was guilty. We know Bacon pleaded guilty only to save James from further political problems and James promised to pardon Bacon which he didn't do because that was the type of guy James was.  So this tells me he has not read deeply enough in his research. If he admires Bacon as he seems to he should get this right without passing on the false narrative that so many others have and still continue to do.  Reading Alfred Dodd's The Martyrdom of Francis Bacon and Nieves Mathews  (Francis Bacon : History of a Character Assassination)https://www.google.com/books/edition/Francis_Bacon/ZYDv5C6th2kC?hl=en   a thorough vindication  of Bacon's innocence. The Bribery charges against Bacon and  not receiving his pardon may have been another reason for him to remain anonymous to the 1623 First Folio.

Jack writes

"Whether Francis Bacon was a so-called Rosicrucian or Freemason may never be known, and the question will probably remain forever within the domain of the “Speculators”.

Speculation runs rife, as many also believe that Francis Bacon was the true author of the works attributed to William Shakespeare – and moreover; many see Masonic symbolism in the Bard’s works."

If Jack was familiar with  the brethren Alfred Dodd  a journalist and Freemason and his work especially, "Shakespeare Creator of Freemasonry" and   George Tudhope's "Bacon Masonry" he would have a deeper and more enlightened understanding than that of "Speculator."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

There is a portrait in the collection of the von Le Coq family reputed to be of Valentin Andrea but which has been queried as being that of Francis Bacon in which the picture is of an old man who could have been Bacon if in fact he faked his death and went to live for twenty years in Transylvania as I describe in my book The Royal Secret as a guest of the noble Rakoczi family who were known as patrons of Andrea. In my book I propose that Bacon and Andrea composed the Fama Fraterinitas in exchanges of writings between them in its first publication before Bacon's death and then updated after Bacon's arrival in Transylvania.

The Le Coq portrait which can be found on Google clearly has references to Bacon with two shields with the initials F and B outstanding along symbols and shields including one to Roslyn the chapel erected by the Knights Templar St Clair family in Scotland in 1446. As my book portrays I have no doubts that Masonry arose from the principles of the male oriented Knights Templar itself originating in Gnostic and earlier Hermetic beliefs. Bacon was the reviver of the ideals just as he was of the Greek philosophers. 

Edited by jon bentley
addition
  • Thanks 1