A Rare, Sensational, and Virtually Unknown Image of Francis Bacon & William Shakspere

A Phoenix

A RARE, SENSATIONAL, AND VIRTUALLY UNKNOWN IMAGE OF FRANCIS BACON AND WILLIAM SHAKSPERE OF STRATFORD

This incredibly rare 1644 image depicts Francis Bacon presenting William Shakspere of Stratford with financial/material considerations in exchange for the use of the man and his name as a literary front/mask for his pseudonym William Shakespeare. 

At a single stroke it completely collapses and demolishes the Stratfordian Fraudulent Fiction that William Shakspere of Stratford was Shakespeare and at the same time reveals and confirms that he was a literary mask for Franics Bacon, the secret concealed author of the Shakespeare works. 

[A. B. Cornwall, Francis The First (Birmingham: Cornish Brothers Ltd, 1936), pp. 333-35]

image.png.dc9ad2fa5ad9fdd6addf726406b9c85f.png

image.png.96b45d0309d68847cb461f514dba6cc4.png

image.png.66576703a57102c707acfc9e3169e9e0.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 3

50 minutes ago, A Phoenix said:

A RARE, SENSATIONAL, AND VIRTUALLY UNKNOWN IMAGE OF FRANCIS BACON AND WILLIAM SHAKSPERE OF STRATFORD

This incredibly rare 1644 image depicts Francis Bacon presenting William Shakspere of Stratford with financial/material considerations in exchange for the use of the man and his name as a literary front/mask for his pseudonym William Shakespeare. 

At a single stroke it completely collapses and demolishes the Stratfordian Fraudulent Fiction that William Shakspere of Stratford was Shakespeare and at the same time reveals and confirms that he was a literary mask for Franics Bacon, the secret concealed author of the Shakespeare works. 

[A. B. Cornwall, Francis The First (Birmingham: Cornish Brothers Ltd, 1936), pp. 333-35]

image.png.dc9ad2fa5ad9fdd6addf726406b9c85f.png

image.png.96b45d0309d68847cb461f514dba6cc4.png

image.png.66576703a57102c707acfc9e3169e9e0.png

Thanks for sharing this great find, A.P. I think I understood everything, except the bit at the end about Bacon stabbing Shaxper. A little out of character, I would have thought.

• Like 4

I just bought a cleaner web version of the woodcut from Look and Learn.

There is an interesting article here: Pamphlet Wars, Graphic Satire, and Metacommentary: Anti-Laudian Cheap Print, 1641-5

"A pamphlet war is a kind of rhetorical battle between two or more authors who have opposing viewpoints."

lookandlearn.com-M547802(3).jpg.01b57c115d623a68d596b12a855e8d19.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I just bought a cleaner web version of the woodcut from Look and Learn.

There is an interesting article here: Pamphlet Wars, Graphic Satire, and Metacommentary: Anti-Laudian Cheap Print, 1641-5

"A pamphlet war is a kind of rhetorical battle between two or more authors who have opposing viewpoints."

lookandlearn.com-M547802(3).jpg.01b57c115d623a68d596b12a855e8d19.jpg

Wow. Nice work Rob. A lot clearer. Note the shovel shaped ruff on Shaxper - a reference to Droeshout's engraving, which ties in with the 13 rosary beads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

YEEEESSSSS !!! The hogshead ! 😊

Is that what that is?? LOL

Earlier I was looking at the 1644 image wondering what the barrels were while trying to find where the hogsheads were! LOL

EDIT:

Now reading what's on SirBacon.org, the word is familiar but I never actually looked to see what exactly it means even when it was often stated.

I'm a little slow sometimes... 😉

Thank you, A. Phoenix from this past June, "A hogshead is a large cask that holds beer and a hog a pig from whence bacon is derived hereby delivering another pun on Bacon."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

WOW ! Thank you A Phoenix for bringing to light this " VIRTUALLY UNKNOWN IMAGE OF FRANCIS BACON AND WILLIAM SHAKSPERE OF STRATFORD".

This is awesome.

I do not know if there is a link but the rosary reminds me page 153 of HISTORIES in HENRY VI part 3.

image.png.c430dbbcf9a693ed859322a1793179b7.png

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/Bran_F1/507/index.html%3fzoom=1200.html

This page is also known for its reference to St albans ...

image.png.b7bbe9b5883d3bd5131d9f858f125dc1.png

https://www.sintpaulusantwerpen.be/en/art-history/art-collection/15-mysteries/

• Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Speaking of 666...

image.png.56bbdc72bb965425a1fd7213bc30b0b0.png

I apologize for broken links and typos, but am sharing a link to an old page below that has needed to be updated for many years. If I remember correctly, there are a few cool coincidences for we Baconians.

https://www.light-of-truth.com/666/KJV.html

😉

• Thanks 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

image.png.fd53b36236f988feb9ede95ba3d31c72.png

https://earlymodernscribbling.com/2021/09/06/pamphlet-wars-graphic-satire-and-metacommentary-anti-laudian-cheap-print-1641-5/

That same year, an anonymous pamphlet was published entitled Mercuries Message, or The Coppy of a Letter sent to William Laud[…] which heavily criticised the imprisoned Archbishop, accusing him of ‘foule maliciousnesse’. The pamphlet has been ascribed to John Taylor (the self-styled ‘Water Poet’ whose work I’ve cited before) and, although I’m not entirely sure on what grounds this claim has been made, it seems a plausible enough attribution. That Taylor shouldn’t put his name on the work (or at the very least an anagram of it, as he had done before) is surprising but the text is primarily poetic and if not by Taylor himself is at the very least written in a very similar style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

3 hours ago, Lawrence Gerald said:

Perfect Quote and  Laud have Mercy for this Tremendous Discovery!.

LIGHT OF TRUTH is 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher, so Bacon's quote has Sealed significance. 😉

"For the human mind, my son, puffed up with the incursions and observations of things, contrives and educes very various species of error. But Aristotle is as a taller plant of one species, so also Plato, and others besides. Yet thou requirest particular confutations. Verily it were a great sin against the golden fortune of mankind, the pledge of empire, for me to turn aside to the pursuit of most fleeting shadows. One bright and radiant light of truth, my son, must be placed in the midst, which may illuminate the whole, and in a moment dispel all errors. Certain feeble and pale lamps are not to be carried round to the several corners and holes of errors and falsehoods. Wherefore, my son, detest what you were seeking; for it is very profane. But now I hear thee asking: Is all that the whole of these have asserted altogether false and vain? Truly, my son, this is unhappiness and that prodigious, not ignorance or no man does not at times hit upon something true. When Heraclitus remarked, that knowledge is to be sought by men in private worlds, not in the common world, I perceive that he sacrificed well at the entrance of philosophy. Democritus, I think, did not unhappily philosophize, when attributing immense variety and infinite succession to nature, he set himself against almost all other philosophers, the slaves of custom, and given over to secularities, and by this opposition bringing both errors into collision, destroyed both, and opened some way for truth between the extremes. The numbers of Pythagoras I set down as also of good omen."

THE WORKS
OF
FRANCIS BACON,

Lord Chancellor of England.

A NEW EDITION:

BY
BASIL MONTAGU, ESQ.

VOL. XV.

LONDON:
WILLIAM PICKERING.
MDCCCXXXIV.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Works_of_Francis_Bacon_Lord_Chancell/Rp0vAAAAYAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PA101&printsec=frontcover

image.png.0ab43167a453b292bc80cd59830631b5.png

• Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Further on the bus ride...

I know I may be reading between Bacon's lines here:

"If the sow with her snout should happen to imprint the letter A upon the ground; wouldst those therefore imagine that she could write out a whole tragedy as one letter? Of a far different sort is the truth revealed from the analogy of knowledge, and the truth from the section of an idol. The former is constant and indefinitely germinous, the latter discordant and solitary.. Which happens also in works."

image.png.35caaad4636eb62c422144f74099fca4.png

• Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

5 hours ago, Lawrence Gerald said:

Perfect Quote and  Laud have Mercy for this Tremendous Discovery!.

Laudy laudy...

I don't know if many have followed through to this very easy acrostic from 1644, so thought I'd share it. Below the poem I have a question.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A50633.0001.001/1:4?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

An Accrosticall Caveat to beware of Ambition

What newes is this I heare
In all mens mouthes so sweet,
Laud's taken in the snare
Laid for anothers feet.
Indeed I alwaies thought
Ambitious pride would fall
Mens waies being lewd and nought.

Lead them toth pit of thrall.
Agreat mans hope is vaine
Vnlesse his life be just,
Death ends his dayes in shame.

And then wher's human trust
Riches will not availe
Cold worlds be then produc'd
Honnor and wit will faile
Because th'ave bin abus'd
In pompe and dignitee
Sometime tho he remaine
His greatnes soone will bee
Obscurd with foule disdaine
Proud Nimrod thus and's troope,

Of late have lost their power
For Babell gins to stoope.

Confusion shakes their tower
Anortherne blast hath blowne
Nere thirty flat caps downe
That were so stately growne,
Each one ore topt the Crowne
Rome wailes their sudden fall,
But 'tis in vaine to rore
Vsurping Prelates shall
Rule us in pride no more:
Iure devino made an Asse you see,
Enland rejoyce, 'tis happie newes for thee.

FINIS.

You see the obvious acrostic?

What do you think about these words, especially with Babell in italic?

For Babell gins to stoope.

Confusion shakes their tower

The poem is a jab at William Laud, but using Bacon's techniques. It was brought up that Bacon's Rosicrucian brothers might be involved. "F Bacon shakes their tower" with cipher language.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->