Spearshaker – a Film about the Secret Life of Francis Bacon

A Phoenix

THE BELMAN OF LONDON AND KING LEAR

Towards the end of 1618 or in early 1619 William Jaggard began printing ten Shakespearean plays for his friend the publisher Thomas Pavier.

The first quarto of King Lear was printed for Nathaniel Butter in 1608, and the falsely dated 1619 Pavier/Jaggard edition reads ‘(Printed for Nathaniel Butter, 1608).

KL1608.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

New article in the Spearshaker blog 'Francis Bacon on Film' from the very talented Jono Freeman

Great article with the light thrown on the different "Bacons" in past films and Series !❤️

Indeed, we need, and the world need to see the Authentic Bacon on screen ! 🤞🎇

• Like 3

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Hi everyone,

New article in the Spearshaker blog 'Francis Bacon on Film' from the very talented Jono Freeman

Read here:  https://www.spearshakerproductions.com/post/francis-bacon-on-film

Set.jpg

Excellent, I like Jono as my Bacon!! 🙂

But he neglected the Bacon cartoon that might have been my first temptation to become a Baconian when I was about 5 years or or so. LOL

image.png.241afb175d5182677a4ee53258245d36.png

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

• 2 weeks later...

Who will Play Elizabeth I

We have been asked to put forward a potential talent wish list for characters in Spearshaker so for research and for fun we’ll start with who might play the part of Elizabeth I and ask for suggestions from B’Hivers.

In the past the great ‘Virgin’ Queen  has been played by Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Quenten Crisp, Glenda Jackon, Anne-Marie Duff, Joely Richardson, Alicia von Rittberg, Vanessa Redgrave, Cate Blanchett, Margot Robbie as well as many others over the years. The Aussies are well represented with Cate Blanchett and Margot Robbie, so how about Elizabeth Debicki recently starring as Diana in The Crown.

www.spearshakerproductions.com

Elizabeth.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

We have been asked to put forward a potential talent wish list for characters in Spearshaker so for research and for fun we’ll start with who might play the part of Elizabeth I and ask for suggestions from B’Hivers.

In the past the great ‘Virgin’ Queen  has been played by Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Quenten Crisp, Glenda Jackon, Anne-Marie Duff, Joely Richardson, Alicia von Rittberg, Vanessa Redgrave, Cate Blanchett, Margot Robbie as well as many others over the years. The Aussies are well represented with Cate Blanchett and Margot Robbie, so how about Elizabeth Debicki recently starring as Diana in The Crown.

Elizabeth.png

I've thought about this a lot over the past year or so and I suggest Julie Garner.

Most of us may only know her as the hick girl in Ozark, but she can really act convincingly well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Garner

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3400186/

Julia-Garner-GettyImages-1202181327.webp.f8cffad57fbacc0ce30c1072c27a9d53.webp

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Elizabeth.png

Experience in live Shakespearean theatre would be an advantage.

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Elizabeth.png

Emma Watson, obviously. Just about old enough to take on QEI, but I doubt she'd get out of bed for less than $20M🙂

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, A Phoenix said:

Ruth Wilson could be quite good. She's mainly film and TV but she did play Cordelia on stage.

RW.jpg

She's got the right "cruel edge" about her. Another suggestion is Juliet Stephenson, more age appropriate beside Jono.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/juliet-stevenson-interview-the-actor-on-wolf-hall-king-lear-and-class-in-british-theatre-10069713.html

• Like 2

10 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

And then there is Marilyn Monroe...

Is that Lawrence Gerald, founder of SirBacon.org behind her with his camera? I would not be surprised! LOL

image.jpeg.c811aafde82a668e997080f039cb23ac.jpeg

• Haha 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Who will Play Robert Dudley Earl of Leicester

Joseph Fiennes, Tom Hardy, Robert Hardy, Joe Alwyn, Jamie Blackley, Jeremy Irons are just some of the varied actors that have played the Virgin Queen’s Lover. How about Aussie Vikings actor Travis Fimmel?

Dudley.png

• Like 2

Who will Play Anthony Bacon?

Unsurprisingly, Anthony Bacon has never been represented on film. He is an elusive figure, very much in the shadows. Anthony was described by Francis as his comfort and consort and the Bacon brothers although not biological brothers had a love and bond that far transcended blood. They shared the same philosophical beliefs and outlooks and together implemented the revolutionary vision of the advancement of learning that took hold of Francis while a young boy. All their early years were spent together learning, loving, laughing at York House in London amongst the hustle and bustle of court life and at the relative peace and freedom of Gorhambury which was an idyllic Academy of Learning.

Through political and religious upheavals, Sir Nicholas’ death and their separation whilst they travelled abroad working for the crown and state, the brothers were in constant contact in letters through a complex code system that like their close enduring bond no one else could break. When Anthony returned from abroad and they were reunited they were for always in each other’s company and along with Essex they formed an unusual trio of brothers working closely together at Essex House on the Strand, Headquarters of the English Secret Service.

The closest we may have come to seeing Anthony represented on film is in The Merchant of Venice. The two characters Antonio and Bassanio mirror the complex relationship and circumstances of Anthony and Francis Bacon and the play is also representative of the deep love and bond they share: ‘To you, Antonio, I owe the most in money and in love, And from your love I have a warranty To unburden all my plots and purposes How to get clear of all the debts I owe.’ Jeremy Irons played the part of Antonio in the 2004 film of The Merchant of Venice.

So. . .how about actor Ben Wishaw, who played Richard II in the Hollow Crown series and Q in Bond and many other roles. Kit Harington maybe? Although, does he look a bit more Essex?

ab.png

• Like 3

Who will Play Anthony Bacon?

Unsurprisingly, Anthony Bacon has never been represented on film. He is an elusive figure, very much in the shadows. Anthony was described by Francis as his comfort and consort and the Bacon brothers although not biological brothers had a love and bond that far transcended blood. They shared the same philosophical beliefs and outlooks and together implemented the revolutionary vision of the advancement of learning that took hold of Francis while a young boy. All their early years were spent together learning, loving, laughing at York House in London amongst the hustle and bustle of court life and at the relative peace and freedom of Gorhambury which was an idyllic Academy of Learning.

Through political and religious upheavals, Sir Nicholas’ death and their separation whilst they travelled abroad working for the crown and state, the brothers were in constant contact in letters through a complex code system that like their close enduring bond no one else could break. When Anthony returned from abroad and they were reunited they were for always in each other’s company and along with Essex they formed an unusual trio of brothers working closely together at Essex House on the Strand, Headquarters of the English Secret Service.

The closest we may have come to seeing Anthony represented on film is in The Merchant of Venice. The two characters Antonio and Bassanio mirror the complex relationship and circumstances of Anthony and Francis Bacon and the play is also representative of the deep love and bond they share: ‘To you, Antonio, I owe the most in money and in love, And from your love I have a warranty To unburden all my plots and purposes How to get clear of all the debts I owe.’ Jeremy Irons played the part of Antonio in the 2004 film of The Merchant of Venice.

So. . .how about actor Ben Wishaw, who played Richard II in the Hollow Crown series and Q in Bond and many other roles. Kit Harington maybe? Although, does he look a bit more Essex?

ab.png

Has to be someone in his early forties or younger, as Anthony died at the age of 43. This happens to be the exact age of Ben Wishaw.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Unsurprisingly, Anthony Bacon has never been represented on film.

And we have no amazing oil portraits of him either? Seems like I remember something like that from a previous discussion here on the B'Hive.

I may come up with an actor later having thought about it before. 😉

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

3 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

And we have no amazing oil portraits of him either? Seems like I remember something like that from a previous discussion here on the B'Hive.

HI L-o-T

I think you may be referring to a thread from last March when the question of the Gorhambury portrait of Anthony/Robert Devereux came up for discussion. It doesn't make sense that there is no portrait of Anthony Bacon in the Gorhambury art collection. 

ScreenShot2024-01-24at8_08_02am.png.dd76ef8886436b5d64b7886138dc1b6b.png

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Funny coincidence just now.

My second choice for the actor to play Francis Bacon is Patrick Wilson. Jono is number one, my first choice. 🙂

I have considered Patrick Wilson could play Anthony as well.

But to widen my choices today on who to play Anthony who was hidden, invisible, like a true secret agent, I Googled, "Secretive Actors."

Number 2 in the list that came up on my first click was Patrick Wilson! LOL

image.png.416f1115d6c26955ceac701dff67cea3.png

He looks like Anthony to me! 🙂

And I know for a fact he is well aware of what "Spearshaker" is and that one day it will be a major motion picture. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->