New Website Dedicated to Francis Bacon

A Phoenix

On 10/4/2023 at 8:03 PM, RoyalCraftiness said:

Consider the Sonnets dedication. I propose you list some of the binaries you see on that page. I will start off the exercise by giving some I am going to check out. 

There's a period after every word. This, to me suggests that there may be a desire for us to look to each and every word to find our binary. If the word has odd or even number of characters is a binary. If we want to focus on the T, the presence of a T or not in the word is a binary. There seems to be enough Tees in that page to give a good mix of T and non T words (19 Tees in 30 words).  That could be a binary used, but we would still require a reading rule. Do we go left to right or right to left. Do we possibly skip characters...There are so many possibilities. To test every one is a monumental task. We could be told there's a coded one word message here using a bilateral cipher and never find it. That's how potent it is at hiding itself. If one wants it to be discoverable one would either have to select a pretty obvious reading rule or give it out somewhere. 

I just had an idea. How about we make a wheel with these 30 data points and move the wheel one position to test 30 different possible coding sequences? This seems intuitively suggested by the fact we will lend up with 60 possible sequences to test against a known decoding scheme. The circle and 60 is a very compelling idea.

Thanks for your response. I have added a page which briefly outlines the computer-aided approach I will be taking to discriminate between biliteral variants ('a' or 'b' form), https://gorhambury.org/we-need-know-how/

• Like 3

On 10/5/2023 at 8:01 AM, Light-of-Truth said:

I'd like to mention that your code is using the biliteral As and Bs that Friedman presented. I'm not able to duplicate Friedman's (Elizabeth Wells Gallup's) results no matter how much I try and I'm pretty good with ciphers and typography.  The biliteral alphabet key supplied from Bacon's description is not one that matches the Prologue type.  A. Phoenix pointed out that the Friedman's were frauds on many levels, and even though providing a result that would please we Baconians, it may be a fake by them for whatever purpose they had in mind. If the Prologue decryption was by Elizabeth Wells Gallup, then the Friedmans may have been merely giving a presentation of how the biliteral can work. Either way I see identical letters labeled as both As and Bs, and different appearing letters as the same. A cipher has to be repeatable to be valid which means anyone who knows the key can duplicate it.

Your program does verify that the biliteral code results write out the "Francis St Alban..." text, but who knows how they came up with the As and Bs to begin with.

If a program could read the plain text and distinguish between two different type styles and present a biliteral result then we'd be opening some doors. I believe that is what you are working on?

You wrote:

A. Phoenix pointed out that the Friedman's were frauds on many levels

Yes, and my website is dedicated to A Phoenix, her "Fraudulent Friedmans" youtube:

Another relevant youtube is The Codebreaker | American Experience | PBS: 

Friedman's later life (before and after 1957) was marred by alcohol abuse and mental illness. The video focuses on the contribution of Elizabeth Friedman, her importance to his work. In the video it mentions that the time came when William became unable to work, but Elizabeth could stand beside him at the desk, and put her hand over his with a pen in his hand, and under only those conditions only was he capable of working. How did he manage to write a 300+ page work of any kind at that time? Previously, he had only published monographs on the Baconian cipher issue, the longest by far being 111 pages, most were more like 20. Isn't this logically counter-intuitive? I don't think he wrote that book. Apparently he was then too unwell to do so for one thing. 

I think you seriously misinterpreted what A Phoenix was saying in the video presentation.

Yes, it's bewildering...the fraud was William Friedman later saying his earlier work was a fraud. As my suggestion was, view what Henrion had to say about it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FB Decipherer said:

You wrote:

Yes, and my website is dedicated to A Phoenix, her "Fraudulent Friedmans" youtube:

Another relevant youtube is The Codebreaker | American Experience | PBS: 

Friedman's later life (before and after 1957) was marred by alcohol abuse and mental illness. The video focuses on the contribution of Elizabeth Friedman, her importance to his work. In the video it mentions that the time came when William became unable to work, but Elizabeth could stand beside him at the desk, and put her hand over his with a pen in his hand, and under only those conditions only was he capable of working. How did he manage to write a 300+ page work of any kind at that time? Previously, he had only published monographs on the Baconian cipher issue, the longest by far being 111 pages, most were more like 20. Isn't this logically counter-intuitive? I don't think he wrote that book. Apparently he was then too unwell to do so for one thing. 

I think you seriously misinterpreted what A Phoenix was saying in the video presentation.

Yes, it's bewildering...the fraud was William Friedman later saying his earlier work was a fraud. As my suggestion was, view what Henrion had to say about it. 

On my website are available all of the William Friedman Riverbank Press monographs from 1916 and before, perhaps the only place they are gathered all together: https://gorhambury.org/public/exhibits/monographs/

He spent several years working on these, look at how exacting his drawings are, they look like fastidious engineering drawings. This was all a hoax "at several levels"" This supposedly great man accepted a paycheck for years, deceiving his employer? He lead a team of at least four people. They conspired to keep the deception going?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

On my website are available all of the William Friedman Riverbank Press monographs from 1916 and before, perhaps the only place they are gathered all together: https://gorhambury.org/public/exhibits/monographs/

He spent several years working on these, look at how exacting his drawings are, they look like fastidious engineering drawings. This was all a hoax "at several levels"" This supposedly great man accepted a paycheck for years, deceiving his employer? He lead a team of at least four people. They conspired to keep the deception going?

The reference to Henrion is to the great French cryptologist who was as prominent there as Friedman was in the US. He read Friedman's 1957 book and was astounded, apoplectic, steam coming from his ears over Friedman disgracing his position of prestige by making up the story the Friedman never thought the Bacon biliteral ciphers were real (see the A Phoenix video).

• Like 4

On 10/5/2023 at 8:01 AM, Light-of-Truth said:

If a program could read the plain text and distinguish between two different type styles and present a biliteral result then we'd be opening some doors. I believe that is what you are working on?

This is nearly exactly what I'm working on! Thanx for paying attention and understanding!

The only nitpick is that you need to work from facsimile digital images of the 1623 First Folio, no other source document.  This would essentially be a kind of Optical Character  Recognition (OCR). But joined to the excellent text-only edition from the Bodleian Library's Text Initiative Initiative XML document, one for each of the 36 plays. So you know in advance what each graphical blob decodes to one letter or character, to do AI type programming an essential is having the bounding box coordinates of each image blob in turn. I've tried to explain this at: https://gorhambury.org/we-need-know-how/

• Like 3

On 10/22/2023 at 2:45 PM, FB Decipherer said:

I'm not sure whether you were responding to an earlier post by me (how are we to know that with this forum software? I still don't get it) where I wrote:

Which is accurate. In my post I didn't use the word "discover". 

https://gorhambury.org/public/experiments/experiment-one/

You are correct, and my statement was not directed at you on purpose while probably sounding like it.

The I Ching is 3,000 years old and demonstrates a binary pattern. From my feeble memory of the post you refer to, I think I was mostly suggesting that Dee is the one (one of some) who in Bacon's time introduced the binary code to Bacon. Yet that is 100% a theory based on 0% evidence. I'll offer a 33% hunch...

Bacon did not invent the binary idea.  He in his genius wove into an Elizabethan cipher concept that is his and his alone. 🙂

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

On 10/22/2023 at 5:00 PM, FB Decipherer said:

All I know is that A. Phoenix taking down the Friedman's deception is in my opinion the single most important Baconian work since I became involved in 1996/7. All these horrible years when even among Baconians anyone who would bring up a cipher that was known and enjoyed was hushed due to the 100 year old embarrassment caused by the "World's Best CIA Cryptologist". In the 2003 when I made my most serious attempt at explaining my new discoveries even the most seasoned Baconians were very uncomfortable and some suggested I fade away. "Oh no, another Baconian crackpot as described in detail by the super-spy Friedman and his wife who the Strats worship and refer to anytine a Bacon cipher pops up."

A. Phoenix in their Friedman work Pierced one of the ugliest Veils ever to cover Bacon from the World. The Friedman deception is forever blown away, and no Stratfordian wants to be reminded how fooled they were.

I did get something that I am not sure A. Phoenix or anyone else got from their article, and I have brought up my thoughts many times; Reading what they left, I tend to think they were actually teaching us how to do the work, with examples galore. I believe, even if mistaken, that the Friedman's works should be studied by any serious Baconian cipher treasure seeker. They even leave a few ciphers of their own.

Can any of Bacon's cipher hints ever be scientifically proved? Doubtful, but if you FB Decipherer get the passion some of us have, like a fun curse for some of us, maybe you will do it in some years ahead. 🙂

Bacon's ciphers do [not] need "scientific" proof, the perfection of his ciphers are that proof is not needed. What is the goal? Understanding. Ultimately the Knowing of who Bacon was, what he did, and who we are involved in what he left.

Knowledge is Power

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

18 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

The only nitpick is that you need to work from facsimile digital images of the 1623 First Folio, no other source document. 

That's what I use and have for many years, both available original versions. And the original text spelling with correct page layouts, etc. The First Folio and the Sonnets! I do have a facsimile of the 1609 Sonnets in print that I like to flip through when I am not on my PC. Those tools are highly valuable in our work. Every day new works are available from those times.

Welcome to the club FB! I can't speak for Freemasons, Rosicrucians, or any other formal organization, but I can speak for some of we Baconians who seek treasures. Welcome, we will all never agree on everything, but mostly we all support each other on our individual work whatever it is and wherever it goes. A. Phoenix opened a flood gate of new discoveries and they are making more discoveries as we speak.

I sometimes wonder if I am a Student in the Invisible College, if it is real, never having to apply or be accepted. 🙂

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->