New Website Dedicated to Francis Bacon

A Phoenix

New Gorhambury Website

We have recently been contacted by the creator of a brand new website called New Gorhambury with its stated purpose:

‘To use technology in a novel way to expose the secret writings of Sir Francis to the world, presenting visualizations in such a way as to eliminate any possible doubt about Validity.’

A very interesting website in that it also collects together crucial works central to the cipher issue by Elizabeth Wells Gallup, Dr Orville W.  Owen, the Riverbank Monographs and a rare 1973 bookI, Prince Tudor, Wrote Shakespeare by Margaret Barsi-Greene which ‘is unique in that it is the only overview of the actual subject matter of the texts which are encoded in the works of Fr. B’

All of the above works are available in the exhibits section: https://gorhambury.org/public/exhibits/

New Gorhambury Website: 

https://gorhambury.org/

GP.png

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2

3 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

New Gorhambury Website

We have recently been contacted by the creator of a brand new website called New Gorhambury with its stated purpose:

‘To use technology in a novel way to expose the secret writings of Sir Francis to the world, presenting visualizations in such a way as to eliminate any possible doubt about Validity.’

A very interesting website in that it also collects together crucial works central to the cipher issue by Elizabeth Wells Gallup, Dr Orville W.  Owen, the Riverbank Monographs and a rare 1973 bookI, Prince Tudor, Wrote Shakespeare by Margaret Barsi-Greene which ‘is unique in that it is the only overview of the actual subject matter of the texts which are encoded in the works of Fr. B’

All of the above works are available in the exhibits section: https://gorhambury.org/public/exhibits/

New Gorhambury Website: 

https://gorhambury.org/

GP.png

Beautiful website! Yay!

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

11 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

This is a treasure with interesting examples of how the biliteral cipher may be used:

Ciphers for the Little Folks

https://gorhambury.org/2023/03/23/ciphers-for-the-little-folks/

One example:

image.png.8ae5b884d771ed49b18ee289dd344e29.png

I just noticed the cipher starts with the 4th quarter.

In the Sonnets this is here with the final line of the first three quarters and the first line of the last quarter connect:

It is the star to euery wandring barke,
Whose worths vnknowne,although his higth be taken.

This cipher book for kids may be the most important piece the Friedmans ever put out. I think I am a Little Folk! LOL

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

10 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I love this so much!!

image.png.ac69c2eac03d08c6e58b6cf2101546ef.png

It's a true cipher that has real value. It can be used to encode a message using anything that can be treated in two, and only two, ways with a reading rule (which has to be discovered).  Have you decoded a binary cipher like that in the Sonnets? What I find really valuable about this form of ciphering is that you need not have to use any other scheme. You could even tell someone you are using it and it will not tell the person what the coding is based in or how to read it.  Odd and even are an example of a binary. One could take the 30 periods in the Sonnets dedication and examine their positions. It could produce a 6 word message. Every time you have a binary that is given in a number of examples divisible by 5 there is a reason to check it if you suspect one could be being used. The 30 periods of the dedication are odd enough to warrant a look. 

The Key here is some binary thing given in 5, so we encounter the idea of the five pointed star composition in the Instauratio title page. 

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, Light-of-Truth said:

Beautiful website! Yay!

Eliminate possible doubt? Did I just read this correctly? This is almost akin to wanting to produce the Philosopher's stone.  There is nothing but doubt wherever we look, and just getting started requires a leap of faith. It will interesting to see what arguments hold if one does not allow bad syllogism. o much of what we see exploits doubt and uncertainty to suggest things...Talking like a bird is highly subjective.  That being said, if a true cipher was discovered (many have looked in Shakespeare) it would be a good start.

• Like 1

I noticed that the end of the demonstration poses the question: Isn't this proof? Isn't this proof of what? Why can't the sentence be clearer? The cipher works and it was successfully decoded. Can one not propose a scenario where the decoded message is not true? Have we found a way to have someone unconditionally accept any suggestion he is presented with?

If there was a binary cipher placed in Fulcanelli's work that says that Fulcanelli is Francis Bacon are we forced to accept that? No. The removal of all doubt is very tough proposition. It is easy to be skeptical precisely because it is hard to give thorough proofs.  This will have to deal with the fact that people may or may have been played with, then and now. When the author asks again: isn't the author of the cipher the author of the work? No, that's not a perfect syllogism.

As for the content of the message, what earthshaking truth are we given by it?  It makes the suggestion that Bacon is a descendent a the mythical heroes of Troy. Is he is a myth like them then? Is the Bacon we encounter in some places a fabricated Bacon by someone assuming his identity using his binary ciphering method? 

What it clearly does not say is: "I am Francis Alban". That's something we would have to infer.

It will be interesting to see what AI can do that humans have not been able to.  As far as I understand it there are going to be huge problems with the fact that there are more than two typefaces found in many pages of many works.  Interesting project if it stays within the bounds of actually being a open to all forms of suggestion. Reading the page does not give me hope that this is what this is about. It seems obvious that there is a bias to arrive to a predetermined conclusion. If no bilateral ciphers are found in a work should we assume it was not written by Francis Bacon? Would we even be told that a work contained none? Is one example going to be used to try and pass on a million suggestions?

There are similar T variations found in title pages we have examined, BTW. Has anyone tested them that we know of?

11 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Have you decoded a binary cipher like that in the Sonnets?

I spent a few months poking around in 2002. One time I found the word STAR and I swear I was starting at Sonnet 77 and working backwards. Mostly I was using first letters of lines and tested A, B, W, and T as they seem to be the most common letters to start lines in the Sonnets. I should still have the letter counts, but I cannot remember how I came up with STAR. I wrote it down and have a box of handwritten notes, but finding that reference is almost as challenging as finding the cipher in the first place! 🙂

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Although it would make sense that there are ciphers to discover by various writers using a typeface biliteral cipher that Bacon describes, I feel like mostly the typeface is an example for teaching and a decoy for actually seeking cipher treasures. I have nothing to back up what I am claiming, but that is what I feel.

The Prologue to Troilus and Cressida example giving on the new Bacon website is something I have been working on a little and may post a few thoughts.

https://gorhambury.org/public/experiments/experiment-one/

Seriously, even zooming in with digital tools sometimes letters are labeled as an A and sometimes a B when they appear identical. Of course their explanation is that they had a really good eye and great memory.

image.png.6e25dcdd66a26fdf07b1ec9d13958fda.png

I think the typeface technique is to lead the profane astray. But then what binary are we looking for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

22 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I spent a few months poking around in 2002. One time I found the word STAR and I swear I was starting at Sonnet 77 and working backwards. Mostly I was using first letters of lines and tested A, B, W, and T as they seem to be the most common letters to start lines in the Sonnets. I should still have the letter counts, but I cannot remember how I came up with STAR. I wrote it down and have a box of handwritten notes, but finding that reference is almost as challenging as finding the cipher in the first place! 🙂

The 30 periods in the dedication are so unique that it is almost begging to be considered as that. I just don't see how one can produce a "reading" rule for them. The possibilities are numerous, and you still do not know that you are dealing with a ciphering decoding scheme that is known. Throwing an Ai at it is not a bad thing to try if you can "train" it to come up with ways of reading the binary information in the proper order.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

The 30 periods in the dedication are so unique that it is almost begging to be considered as that. I just don't see how one can produce a "reading" rule for them. The possibilities are numerous, and you still do not know that you are dealing with a ciphering decoding scheme that is known. Throwing an Ai at it is not a bad thing to try if you can "train" it to come up with ways of reading the binary information in the proper order.

Music as a Key has been suggested to me by Freemasons a couple times. It's just not something I have explored and I am ignorant on even what to look for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

4 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Although it would make sense that there are ciphers to discover by various writers using a typeface biliteral cipher that Bacon describes, I feel like mostly the typeface is an example for teaching and a decoy for actually seeking cipher treasures. I have nothing to back up what I am claiming, but that is what I feel.

The Prologue to Troilus and Cressida example giving on the new Bacon website is something I have been working on a little and may post a few thoughts.

Seriously, even zooming in with digital tools sometimes letters are labeled as an A and sometimes a B when they appear identical. Of course their explanation is that they had a really good eye and great memory.

I think the typeface technique is to lead the profane astray. But then what binary are we looking for?

Any binary can work. I like the Odd/Even one in numbering. You could, let's say, use vowels and take note of whether or not they were in a odd or even position in a chain of characters. That would get rid of any lettering type problem (which would be hard to control unless were close to the printing process. The Tees are especially different in the cartouche of Sylva Sylvarum title page. In the Sonnets dedication there are 19 tees which is the position of the T is the 24 letter Latin alphabet. Is this some indication to mind the Tees in the TT mystery? The example given in the Prologue exploits Tees too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Music as a Key has been suggested to me by Freemasons a couple times. It's just not something I have explored and I am ignorant on even what to look for.

Don't be shied by the title. It's worth reading. The music binary is covered. CABINET / How to Make Anything Signify Anything (cabinetmagazine.org) 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Eliminate possible doubt? Did I just read this correctly? This is almost akin to wanting to produce the Philosopher's stone.  There is nothing but doubt wherever we look, and just getting started requires a leap of faith. It will interesting to see what arguments hold if one does not allow bad syllogism. o much of what we see exploits doubt and uncertainty to suggest things...Talking like a bird is highly subjective.  That being said, if a true cipher was discovered (many have looked in Shakespeare) it would be a good start.

We are Engineers here, not Philosophers. Your comment reads like something FB himself might have written.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Consider the Sonnets dedication. I propose you list some of the binaries you see on that page. I will start off the exercise by giving some I am going to check out. 

There's a period after every word. This, to me suggests that there may be a desire for us to look to each and every word to find our binary. If the word has odd or even number of characters is a binary. If we want to focus on the T, the presence of a T or not in the word is a binary. There seems to be enough Tees in that page to give a good mix of T and non T words (19 Tees in 30 words).  That could be a binary used, but we would still require a reading rule. Do we go left to right or right to left. Do we possibly skip characters...There are so many possibilities. To test every one is a monumental task. We could be told there's a coded one word message here using a bilateral cipher and never find it. That's how potent it is at hiding itself. If one wants it to be discoverable one would either have to select a pretty obvious reading rule or give it out somewhere. 

I just had an idea. How about we make a wheel with these 30 data points and move the wheel one position to test 30 different possible coding sequences? This seems intuitively suggested by the fact we will lend up with 60 possible sequences to test against a known decoding scheme. The circle and 60 is a very compelling idea.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, FB Decipherer said:

We are Engineers here, not Philosophers. Your comment reads like something FB himself might have written.

That's wonderful. I'm not an engineer, but I do have a scientific education and  background. I do see what you are trying to do. You' re going to butt up against philosophical questions about whether or not what you are seeing is part of a game or not. There is a very long European tradition of pulling people's legs with suggestions that have been made to imply that people are this or that, ranging from disinherited Kings to immortal beings or the carrier of the bloodline of Christ. What one decodes is just part of the problem. Intent is an unknown.  In my humble opinion you are dealing with a capable prankster with Bacon. Suggestions he had many pseudonyms is not a good place to start if doubt is to be avoided. What we may be dealing with is many people trying to involve Bacon in a charade. This could extend to the present. Intent is still not clear  today.  A key question is still: why is there an authorship debate? The answer seems to be because people keep suggesting it. They suggest it because they feel someone suggested it first. What do we know about the intent of the first suggesters? Are they like Pierre Plantard's band of brothers who tried to pull the wool over the eyes of a great many with an esoteric mystery they manufactured? The possibility of a very old deception is not given enough credit. No one really knows what is in the mind of a world class prankster who views himself as a Hermes figure in need of tricking the world into realizing that reason must always prevail over bad syllogism. 

I  suggest you do good work and make sure that the possibilities in the conclusions are well tested. Doubt is very hard to remove from the equations, I'm afraid. There are many who want multiple suggestions to ride with any that you can show have merit. Even good work can and will be exploited by those who want more of what they suggest to be accepted. 

I think throwing AI at it is a reasonable thing to do. I wish you luck in the search of binaries and reading rules.

You haven't addressed my challenge, show how fakery would be humanly possible and produce the same result. We have already begun presenting programs written in the Python computer language. Now do you have sufficient disposable time to write a Python program which conclusively debunks my thesis? Probably not. There's the rub, Mate.

• Like 3

Deciphering the Sonnets using the biliteral cipher is something I did, and we already discussed extensively on here a while back. I often wonder if you read other people’s posts though RC (or check using search to see if a topic you are presenting as being a great new discovery of yours has already been thoroughly gone over) or just spend your entire time totally dominating this forum with your endless agitating and soliloquys 🤯

Re the Gorhambury website. Congratulations. 🎉Great to see anything new about Bacon. 

Good to hear a new voice enter this space too.

Kate 

Unfortunately, the site is totally unreadable on mobiles so will need a big tweak to a responsive layout. I am assuming you are connected to Rob so maybe he can assist?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"For nothing is born without unity or without the point." amazon.com/dp/B0CLDKDPY8

8 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

We are Engineers here, not Philosophers.

Welcome to the B'Hive FB Decipherer!

Fresh ideas and unique perspectives are always invited on this forum. Please feel free to jump into any conversation or start new ones. All members are encouraged to write an Intro, but it is not required.

Royal Craftiness (CJ by name) enjoys debating everything that can be spoken, so just be aware and do not let him keep you quiet if you want to share your thoughts. 🙂

Thank you for adding another website about Francis Bacon to the World Wide Web! One of these days we might reach a critical mass!

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Unfortunately, the site is totally unreadable on mobiles so will need a big tweak to a responsive layout.

Astra is a responsive theme and the site is trying to be mobile friendly, it just needs some adjusting. User feedback will help the engineers work through the early process.

I am mostly a desktop user and it looks good, but it has been extremely slow to load the pdfs at times. That may be a hosting concern more than design.

FB Decipherer, I read the timeline on you all's Twitter and welcome you to the crazy world of web development where as opposed to true programming which will work or not, web technologies work sometimes for some people when working best. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

9 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

You haven't addressed my challenge, show how fakery would be humanly possible and produce the same result. We have already begun presenting programs written in the Python computer language. Now do you have sufficient disposable time to write a Python program which conclusively debunks my thesis? Probably not. There's the rub, Mate.

You seem to want to imply that I think the thing cannot be done. It can be done. You will not fail at implementing this.  But AI or machine algorithms will never make a conclusion for you. Believe it or not, being a specialist in a discipline make someone useful on one level and not that useful on another. At the end of the day conclusions will have to be made, and that is when he question of syllogism enters the arena. You don't have to worry about that. My previewing of what is to come does not have to concern you or anyone. Seek and ye shall find. That does not fail.

10 hours ago, FB Decipherer said:

You haven't addressed my challenge, show how fakery would be humanly possible and produce the same result.

I'd like to mention that your code is using the biliteral As and Bs that Friedman presented. I'm not able to duplicate Friedman's (Elizabeth Wells Gallup's) results no matter how much I try and I'm pretty good with ciphers and typography.  The biliteral alphabet key supplied from Bacon's description is not one that matches the Prologue type.  A. Phoenix pointed out that the Friedman's were frauds on many levels, and even though providing a result that would please we Baconians, it may be a fake by them for whatever purpose they had in mind. If the Prologue decryption was by Elizabeth Wells Gallup, then the Friedmans may have been merely giving a presentation of how the biliteral can work. Either way I see identical letters labeled as both As and Bs, and different appearing letters as the same. A cipher has to be repeatable to be valid which means anyone who knows the key can duplicate it.

Your program does verify that the biliteral code results write out the "Francis St Alban..." text, but who knows how they came up with the As and Bs to begin with.

If a program could read the plain text and distinguish between two different type styles and present a biliteral result then we'd be opening some doors. I believe that is what you are working on?

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->