Bacon and the Bird

Marvin Haines

16 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

This realization is what was at the core of the MKUltra program the CIA ran.

What's so funny is that the goal of MK Ultra was to brainwash people, but their attempt with LSD had the opposite affect. LOL

• Haha 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

3 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Very interesting. I've never thought about the "language of the birds" across cultures or in history. I have definitely thought it about during my years of being alone in the wilderness out west on Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.

"Is this Nature talking?"

"Am I hearing the voice of the forest?"

When you are miles from another human in places where you could be prey to a mountain lion, a pack of coyotes, or even an angry or frightened black bear you really learn to tune into the sounds of Nature. Birds are primary voices and their songs have meaning.

Birds high up in trees notice the dawn before we who are on the ground. The first tweets and whistles of the day start when it is still dark. Listening to the beginning of the morning in the forest a special treat. Its a beautiful song from all around you that brings in the Sun.

During the day the birds have their peaceful music when they are looking for mates, sharing where food is to their friends, teaching their babies how to speak, so on.

Bird's warnings are easy to learn as they are like sirens and buzzers going off. You know there is a danger when the warnings are happening. Maybe it is a hawk or eagle, or maybe a cat of some kind. But the language is obvious.

Its possible to almost shut down one's internal dialog when listening to Nature. Once that chatter slows down or stops, something magical happens to one's reality. Its like the boundaries of the mind are blown apart.

Remembering these times makes me homesick for the mountains or desert. 

Until now I failed to appreciate how closely this concept is to Hermeticism and to alchemy. You can trace it back to Egypt and beyond. The Gods were clearly communication through the birds if you "knew the language". That is to say what to make of their awareness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Light-of-Truth said:

What's so funny is that the goal of MK Ultra was to brainwash people, but their attempt with LSD had the opposite affect. LOL

They shipped tons of it to California in an attempt to get people addicted to it because pot was making people too passive, unproductive and "socially aware". In a nutshell it was to neuter the Peace, Love and happiness generation. It was wildly successful. It vanished between 1968 and 1973. A lot of the early counterculture figures associated with the music scene ended up addicts and dead. If they saved themselves they came back to society "reformed" and ready to be reintegrated. We put way too much emphasis on personal responsibility for this. It was an orchestrated program, as you say. If you knew the right people LSD was free flowing. in the '80s it was figured out that cocaine was much more effective to create addiction. The front that was the War on Drugs was put in place to remove from society the elements that had succumbed to it. There was nothing very Christian about the War on Drugs, and it is not any better today. It is used as a premise to fill jails with minorities who are made to feel the scourge of despair in their communities where there is little economic hope. Now that there is no economic hope for even the working class we have seen drug addiction and deaths affect the greater majority. Human manipulation is no joke. The ends justify the means has had a great toll on human populations. If we are honest we should attribute this to reason, because these behaviors are very much reasoned behaviors. Reason alone does not get you nice outcomes. It takes some sort of moral compass that no religion seems to be able to put in place. I suppose some have taken brute force approach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

They shipped tons of it to California in an attempt to get people addicted to it because pot was making people too passive, unproductive and "socially aware". In a nutshell it was to neuter the Peace, Love and happiness generation. It was wildly successful. It vanished between 1968 and 1973. A lot of the early counterculture figures associated with the music scene ended up addicts and dead...

You are not totally accurate on your history of the early LSD times. The government never shipped tons of LSD to California. MK Ultra did turn on a few famous LSD pioneers who were part of the psychedelic movement that is still very much alive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKUltra

Documented subjects

• American poet Allen Ginsberg first took LSD in an experiment on Stanford University's campus where he could listen to records of his choice (he chose a Gertrude Stein reading, a Tibetan mandala, and Richard Wagner). He said the experience resulted in "a slight paranoia that hung on all my acid experiences through the mid-1960s until I learned from meditation how to disperse that."[106] He became an outspoken advocate for psychedelics in the 1960s and, after hearing suspicions that the experiment was CIA-funded, wrote, "Am I, Allen Ginsberg, the product of one of the CIA's lamentable, ill-advised, or triumphantly successful experiments in mind control?"[107]
  • Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, is said to have volunteered for MKUltra experiments involving LSD and other psychedelic drugs at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Menlo Park while he was a student at nearby Stanford University. Kesey's experiences while under the influence of LSD inspired him to promote the drug outside the context of the MKUltra experiments, which influenced the early development of hippie culture.[108][60]
  • Robert Hunter was an American lyricist, singer-songwriter, translator, and poet, best known for his association with Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead. Along with Ken Kesey, Hunter was said to be an early volunteer MKUltra test subject at Stanford University. Stanford test subjects were paid to take LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline, then report on their experiences. These experiences were creatively formative for Hunter:

Sit back picture yourself swooping up a shell of purple with foam crests of crystal drops soft nigh they fall unto the sea of morning creep-very-softly mist [...] and then sort of cascade tinkley-bell-like (must I take you by the hand, ever so slowly type) and then conglomerate suddenly into a peal of silver vibrant uncomprehendingly, blood singingly, joyously resounding bells [...] By my faith if this be insanity, then for the love of God permit me to remain insane.[109]

Did the CIA’s Experiments With Psychedelic Drugs Unwittingly Create the Grateful Dead?

https://medium.com/collectors-weekly/did-the-cia-s-experiments-with-psychedelic-drugs-unwittingly-create-the-grateful-dead-c7cd92954baa

image.png.cb15a2a12ad7985fdfd8eda4c3873866.png

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

32 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

You are not totally accurate on your history of the early LSD times. The government never shipped tons of LSD to California. MK Ultra did turn on a few famous LSD pioneers who were part of the psychedelic movement that is still very much alive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKUltra

Documented subjects

• American poet Allen Ginsberg first took LSD in an experiment on Stanford University's campus where he could listen to records of his choice (he chose a Gertrude Stein reading, a Tibetan mandala, and Richard Wagner). He said the experience resulted in "a slight paranoia that hung on all my acid experiences through the mid-1960s until I learned from meditation how to disperse that."[106] He became an outspoken advocate for psychedelics in the 1960s and, after hearing suspicions that the experiment was CIA-funded, wrote, "Am I, Allen Ginsberg, the product of one of the CIA's lamentable, ill-advised, or triumphantly successful experiments in mind control?"[107]
  • Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, is said to have volunteered for MKUltra experiments involving LSD and other psychedelic drugs at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Menlo Park while he was a student at nearby Stanford University. Kesey's experiences while under the influence of LSD inspired him to promote the drug outside the context of the MKUltra experiments, which influenced the early development of hippie culture.[108][60]
  • Robert Hunter was an American lyricist, singer-songwriter, translator, and poet, best known for his association with Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead. Along with Ken Kesey, Hunter was said to be an early volunteer MKUltra test subject at Stanford University. Stanford test subjects were paid to take LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline, then report on their experiences. These experiences were creatively formative for Hunter:

Sit back picture yourself swooping up a shell of purple with foam crests of crystal drops soft nigh they fall unto the sea of morning creep-very-softly mist [...] and then sort of cascade tinkley-bell-like (must I take you by the hand, ever so slowly type) and then conglomerate suddenly into a peal of silver vibrant uncomprehendingly, blood singingly, joyously resounding bells [...] By my faith if this be insanity, then for the love of God permit me to remain insane.[109]

Did the CIA’s Experiments With Psychedelic Drugs Unwittingly Create the Grateful Dead?

https://medium.com/collectors-weekly/did-the-cia-s-experiments-with-psychedelic-drugs-unwittingly-create-the-grateful-dead-c7cd92954baa

image.png.cb15a2a12ad7985fdfd8eda4c3873866.png

I wouldn't know how to test the suggestion. The basis for why I say is anecdotal.  It was recounted famously by David Crosby who still maintains it because he was close to the people involved. He has said there were people in California who were tasked with making it available. These things are not going to be easy to probe. I'm well aware of the very beginnings of this with Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert at Harvard. LSD is the much more potent synthetic form. The difference between opening the mind and impairing the brain is not appreciated enough.  There's not enough acid in the world to open a person's mind is what Neem Karoli Baba once said. Weak medicine is what he called it. He was alleged to be able to consume great quantities of it and not be affected by it. Does this suggest he lived in a constant detached state? Who knows? He is most famous for being a terrible prankster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

The basis for why I say is anecdotal.  It was recounted famously by David Crosby who still maintains it because he was close to the people involved.

David Crosby was in the 1960s SF music scene so he likely knew the LSD chemists, personally. Bear Owlsey comes to mind as one. Sadly, he like Jerry Garcia, became addicted to heroin which is and always been a Skull and Bones and corporate commodity along with oil. "Opium and Oil" go way back in American history as a control and money market ruled by the rich. LSD is not addictive at all. In fact, you get a tolerance so fast that you have to skip a week when trying to trip every day after two or three trips.

David Crosby died this year on January 18 at 81 years old and I will always admire his music, words, opinions, and experience.

You, CJ, who have never experienced LSD (or I assume any mind-altering substance) can only regurgitate what you hear or read speaking from inside a Bubble of ignorance, behind a specific Veil of blindness. I completely understand, but for everyone who has "been Experienced", as Jimmy Hendrix so well said, you sound kind of silly and naive. But at your advanced age now I would definitely suggest you don't try it now as you would never be the same again and that is hard as an old fart to integrate! You would possibly, or probably, freak out and the potential terror might be too much for you. If you were in your early 20s and I had a dose, I'd be happy to turn you on and and let the chips fall where they may. But it is too late for you, my friend. You missed out on something very big for we who think about things.

Imagine never having an orgasm but you have read about them. You could share what you have read, but for anyone who has had one your description would sound funny. That is how you sound when talking about the psychedelic experience. You know nothing but what you can read.

Describe a smell of a Rose to someone who have never had that sense. Describe a beautiful sunset to a person blind from birth who has never experienced a color.

Neem Karoli Baba, a truly beautiful soul like many who meditate and spend a lifetime of rigorous challenges for many years and get to the same place, but in the Western society a shortcut with a molecule, fungus, or high fever can be a profound trigger to the next level Piercing any Veil blocking one's path to Enlightenment. Thanks for bringing him up, its been a little while since I thought him. It was a prominent Baconian who turned me onto Neem Karoli Baba many years ago.

“The only thing that truly matters is love; everything else is an illusion.”

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Maybe you are ready to accept the contemporary anecdotal evidence that Bacon was Shakespeare?

🙂

Can you refer me to anyone who was involved? Skepticism first. What was done with drugs fits the long term pattern of what was done with them. People exploiting people...There are theorists who do the very same thing to make a living with their writing abilities. P.T, Barnum showed the way. The hype is the secret. You mak it sound liek I am not still in the process of trying to determine some things out for myself. That's someone I trust just a bit.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Can you refer me to anyone who was involved? Skepticism first. What was done with drugs fits the long term pattern of what was done with them. People exploiting people...There are theorists who do the very same thing to make a living with their writing abilities. P.T, Barnum showed the way. The hype is the secret. You mak it sound liek I am not still in the process of trying to determine some things out for myself. That's someone I trust just a bit.

Ben Jonson as far as Bacon's contemporary.

"Drugs" is a vague term; Opium, Cocaine, Tobacco, Alcohol, Sex, TV, Gambling, Religion, so on. No offense, but usually when someone says "drugs" with some kind of canvas, it means they are less than wise about whatever they say drugs about.

Is Peyote a drug? I'll argue it is a Sacrament for the Native American Church and Huicho Indians of Mexico.

Is the wrong choice of your daily news channel a drug? I'll suggest it is worse than crack and fentanyl.

I am not at all saying anything about your path other than this specific one that has brought "some" Light to the entire planet and is one you missed out on. If you do speak about it please know you are talking to "some" who have gone beyond you in this one area of life and you are inexperienced.

My Dad and I used to drink ourselves silly arguing about whether a psychedelic experience is real or imagined. What an oxymoron! LOL

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

24 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

What was done with drugs fits the long term pattern of what was done with them. People exploiting people...

OK, lets bring up Alchemy.

I am sure I know less about Alchemy than you do, CJ, about Psychedelics. And we both are pretty ignorant on our blind sides.

However, let me state, from my experience which includes some ancient shamanic plant mixtures that are highly visionary, I have to suspect a lot of Alchemy 400 years ago was earning your way up a ladder to prove yourself worthy to experience the most secret and most exclusive of all known plant mixtures. And mostly they are the exact same recipes known for thousands of years among the healers and leaders of tribes and communities around the world. Dee was a collector, we may presume.

There is anecdotal mention of Bacon living in a visionary state. Maybe he was smoking hash. I don't know. There was no shortage of mind-altering plants, potions, drinks, and powders back then that could open some doors of perception. Alchemists were the ones to mix them up and share with whoever was worthy, important, or who could pay for the "good" stuff.

What if Bacon was stoned out of his mind on pot, mushrooms, and tripping on a water filtered ergot infested rye bread seeing music and hearing colors while producing the works of Shakespeare along with his own works? And his close friends in those intimate circles were all sharing the same rewards from the very finest Alchemists alive.

It is possible. Makes sense to me. I get it.

You'd say, "impaired", I'd say, "Enlightened."

However, I will acknowledge there are way too many substances that do impair and harm one's mind and body, that is a fact. And we can buy a lot of those horrible substances at the local grocery store and are subject to advertising and tempting sales pitches to buy them because the rich get richer by getting us hooked. That is why you cannot just group everything into a one word, "drugs.'

I think I need to play some Grateful Dead now. 🙂

image.png.adf18d0864a5ea87b9e985702442b80e.png

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

11 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I am sure I know less about Alchemy than you do, CJ, about Psychedelics. And we both are pretty ignorant on our blind sides.

However, let me state, from my experience which includes some ancient shamanic plant mixtures that are highly visionary, I have to suspect a lot of Alchemy 400 years ago was earning your way up a ladder to prove yourself worthy to experience the most secret and most exclusive of all known plant mixtures. And mostly they are the exact same recipes known for thousands of years among the healers and leaders of tribes and communities around the world. Dee was a collector, we may presume.

There is anecdotal mention of Bacon living in a visionary state. Maybe he was smoking hash. I don't know. There was no shortage of mind-altering plants, potions, drinks, and powders back then that could open some doors of perception. Alchemists were the ones to mix them up and share with whoever was worthy, important, or who could pay for the "good" stuff.

What if Bacon was stoned out of his mind on pot, mushrooms, and tripping on a water filtered ergot infested rye bread seeing music and hearing colors while producing the works of Shakespeare along with his own works? And his close friends in those intimate circles were all sharing the same rewards from the very finest Alchemists alive.

However, I will acknowledge there are way too many substances that do impair and harm one's mind and body, that is a fact. And we can buy a lot of those horrible substances at the local grocery store and are subject to advertising and tempting sales pitches to buy them because the rich get richer by getting us hooked. That is why you cannot just group everything into a one word, "drugs.'

The detail of the image is impressive. Why does it look like a Disney movie or Harry Potter? Beautiful lighting, reflections, shadows. Thanx.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

There's been an evolution in the ability to transform ores into metals by physical means. There's been an evolution in transforming men by psychological means. These things happened despite being largely misinformed about why that was happening. Success, when it was achieved did not always come with a deep understanding. A "recipe" was a secret because it was hard to come by, and it was often enough guarded or concealed. If you were an alchemist back in the day you were inadvertently slowly poisoning yourself by working with and on lead and mercury. One was also poisoning one's self with ideas about how the mind works with hermetic ideas. In both instances the pursuit was characterized by chasing things we know are not possible by the ways imagined, and in other cases not possible at all. Transmutation of elements is a nuclear phenomena.  The psychological component of it is the "science" of suggestion. We've become better practitioners of these, exactly as we have mastered chemistry, biochemistry, medicine... We've also worked to to ensure that the protection of the freedom to work on people with any suggestion is guaranteed. That is to say we've seen fit that there be many compasses you can choose from. Some will put you on a journey to nowhere, which is fine because there's no real destination in life. As long as one is under the impression he is going somewhere one at least has a sense of direction. I mentioned the mystic only because you seem to have great admiration for these figures. If they tell us that psychedelics are weak medicine then that is at last something to consider. We still lack a theory of mind. If there was success in that area in the past it was achieved by trial and error and out of ignorance. Nothing has ever started off being fully understood. Where there were cultural successes there was the ability to create beliefs which is a potent form of magic that can transform. A recipe for that can also exist.

Taking drugs does offer the possibility of gaining an experience in areas where there is no understanding. What one experiences is the suggestion that is open to interpretation. If having an impaired brain is truly beneficial then Nature failed in that regard to endow us with what is best. Survival will belong only to the fittest, presumably. Those who are naturally high on life may be the best humans have to offer to other humans. Who knows?

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:07 AM, Light-of-Truth said:

Very interesting. I've never thought about the "language of the birds" across cultures or in history. I have definitely thought it about during my years of being alone in the wilderness out west on Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.

"Is this Nature talking?"

"Am I hearing the voice of the forest?"

When you are miles from another human in places where you could be prey to a mountain lion, a pack of coyotes, or even an angry or frightened black bear you really learn to tune into the sounds of Nature. Birds are primary voices and their songs have meaning.

Birds high up in trees notice the dawn before we who are on the ground. The first tweets and whistles of the day start when it is still dark. Listening to the beginning of the morning in the forest a special treat. Its a beautiful song from all around you that brings in the Sun.

During the day the birds have their peaceful music when they are looking for mates, sharing where food is to their friends, teaching their babies how to speak, so on.

Bird's warnings are easy to learn as they are like sirens and buzzers going off. You know there is a danger when the warnings are happening. Maybe it is a hawk or eagle, or maybe a cat of some kind. But the language is obvious.

Its possible to almost shut down one's internal dialog when listening to Nature. Once that chatter slows down or stops, something magical happens to one's reality. Its like the boundaries of the mind are blown apart.

Remembering these times makes me homesick for the mountains or desert. 

It is that in its literal sense. In the figurative it is a language that is shared by those who know it and who can talk the symbolic talk, and interpret it effortlessly.

I've been reading Fulcanelli's work, "Le Secret des Cathedrales". He talks about this. The French word for this is "argot". The adjective form is "argotique". He maintains that the expression "art gothique" or "gothic art" comes from this understood ability to speak in symbols. It is done via architecture in the case of the medieval cathedral. He also makes the link to Jason and the Argonauts. In that sense,  we are like the Argonauts. We are sailing on a ship called Argo looking for something that is akin to a Golden Fleece (everything that is royal and noble). The link is clearer when we realize the figurehead of this boat was endowed with the ability to speak the language of the birds, or Minerva's (Athena's) passed on ability. If you know this language you can find your way to the garden of the Hesperides. How very scrumptious is this to contemplate? For us it means that the Tudor voyages West could have taken on that mythical dimension in their portrayal and planning. That is to say that the architecture of the effort (the planning) may have respected some ideas which is based on the language of the cathedrals. This, to me at least, involves the Holy Royal Arch "argot". You speak in 2:1. 3:1 and 3:2 when you plan. And everything, of course is centered around 6 in a way to highlight 1,2 and 3.

To even suggest this requires a rationale, and he has one. He speaks of the existence of a "phonetic principle", or law,  that does not respect spelling which is in play. This is something we already have a feel for with 40 and four T in English. The language of the birds is more akin to sounds than spelling. It allows for wordplay which Hermes would have loved. It makes Shakespeare take on the abilities of Athena who is the spear shaker. The work must then speak to us in the language of the cathedrals. This would have been Fulcanelli's presumed take, if he had made one.

His idea is interesting. The AI does help to confirm that what was called Goth(ic) architecture was an early (post 3rd century) building style that one can attribute to the Goths. The Gothic style of the 12th century is not the same thing. It came in when the Romanesque style was in favor during the Carolingian period and it has Frankish influence. The idea that its intent was hiding behind the word "gothic" is what we can infer. The fact the cathedrals are speaking is therefore concealed, but not to those Masons who were tasked in building them. To build the required forms meant you got exposed to at least part of the geometric symbolism and some of the ideas in Pythagoreanism about number.

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:10 AM, RoyalCraftiness said:

The book here is "Mutus Liber", a work published in 1677 in La Rochelle. Mutus Liber - Wikipedia. There's an occasion of the 6 pointed star under the title. It's also on the medallion that is serving as a book marker.

The English translation of Fulcanelli's work has the main text starting on page 33. The second chapter called "Paris" starts on page 67. Interestingly, that is quite similar to the Bacon navigational suggestion of 100 degrees of longitude between Mount Moriah and the Mahone Bay point. There are 67 degrees of longitude to Paris fom this point and 33 additional ones to Jerusalem. Do we assume Francis Bacon was named to fit this Hermetic idea?

You forgot to mention that the book ends on page 177 that is the simple cipher of ... WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE ! 🙂 

image.png.b798260e02848b4bab24a27d4a5422bd.png

https://archive.org/details/fulcanelli-the-mystery-of-the-cathedrals/page/n123/mode/2up?q=Bacon

DARE TO KNOW (SAPERE AUDE) ... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! 😉 

And one Bacon (Roger) is mentioned for the first time on page 26 ...

image.png.369d6f49dca9c574ffb40b78292becc7.png

• Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

25 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

You forgot to mention that the book ends on page 177 that is the simple cipher of ... WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE ! 🙂 

image.png.b798260e02848b4bab24a27d4a5422bd.png

https://archive.org/details/fulcanelli-the-mystery-of-the-cathedrals/page/n123/mode/2up?q=Bacon

DARE TO KNOW (SAPERE AUDE) ... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! 😉 

And one Bacon (Roger) is mentioned for the first time on page 26 ...

image.png.369d6f49dca9c574ffb40b78292becc7.png

"Le Mystere des Cathédrales" on page 33.

Interesting message on page 177. 😉

image.png.d0a7c17e961ca991c9f01f1969b19437.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

5 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Indeed ! And about the fact to KEEP SILENT the Raven answered ... Nevermore !!!😁

Synchronicity is crackling today. For good reason too. We are approaching the end of the first 3/4 of the Sonnets half-way through Sonnet 116 which is misnumbered 119. We have kicked that around here on the B'Hive a few times before. Right now we are in this Line:

It is the star to euery wandring barke,

https://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line1618

I was thinking about Polonius today for no particular reason. "Giue euery man thine eare; but few thy voyce".

Careful! Don't Pierce that Veil! It will make a loud POP! 😉

image.png.079a9013abbdac42602091956ceda770.png

• Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Light-of-Truth said:

"Le Mystere des Cathédrales" on page 33.

Interesting message on page 177. 😉

image.png.d0a7c17e961ca991c9f01f1969b19437.png

It's a bit ironic that Fulcanelli would say that after having spilled the beans, so to speak, about the "secrets of the cathedrals". 

As far as anyone can tell, Fulcanelli is a fabrication in the line of many that have been made through the years. The French seem to have a thing for doing these pranks. Whoever has written this has wrapped it up in a magical mystery and amped it up by suggesting that nobody who knows is talking.  That's a clever way of getting around the fact that nobody knows, and it's an invitation for the potentially curious to dig in.

Science as we know it is open and good to even those who disavow its reason derived merits. The  believers in the esoteric, if they truly did believe what they were given by the Fulcanellis of the world,  should probably stay silent to not make fools of themselves. I am enjoying the work. It's a window into thinking that is still with us. The work was written in 1922, the year Howard Carter brought Tutankhamun into the mainstream. It launched an Egyptian revival period  in the Arts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allisnum2er said:

Beautiful Rob ! I love the first one with its Emblem-like style.

Here is an interesting website :

https://publicdomainreview.org/collection/visualising-bubbles/

Sweeet!

I hear that "The world's a bubble; and the life of man less than a span." 😉

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

2 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

That's a clever way of getting around the fact that nobody knows, and it's an invitation for the potentially curious to dig in.

If you want for something to be known, make it a secret.

Is that what they mean by "Silence is Golden"? LOL

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->