The perfect gift to give a Baconian

Eric Roberts

6 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

Yes, indeed ! 😍 Beautiful Art of Work!

I'd buy a small one. I often look at eBay for Bacon sculptures, etc. I am waiting for his bust to show up and there are a few on this planet.

Can you buy one of these at the National Portrait Gallery gift shop??

• Like 3

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

2 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

I'd buy a small one. I often look at eBay for Bacon sculptures, etc. I am waiting for his bust to show up and there are a few on this planet.

Can you buy one of these at the National Portrait Gallery gift shop??

Unfortunately not. Francis Bacon souvenirs, such as the silver boar bookmark and miniature copies of the St Michael's statue, might not sell like hot cakes but I for one would love to own both. Clever of you to be on the look-out for F B memorabilia.

Domenico Brucciani (1815-1880), Sculptor

Plaster figure maker. Born near Lucca, Italy, Brucciani came to England with his father. He established a Gallery of Casts in Covent Garden and became the leading figure maker in London. He worked for the South Kensington Museum (now the Victoria and Albert Museum), the British Museum and the National Portrait Gallery, taking casts of items in their collections and of monuments elsewhere.

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eric Roberts said:

Unfortunately not. Francis Bacon souvenirs, such as the silver boar bookmark and miniature copies of the St Michael's statue, might not sell like hot cakes but I for one would love to own both. Clever of you to be on the look-out for F B memorabilia.

I would venture that both would be a worthwhile project. But then who has time and who has resources to make it happen.

It is actually kind of sad what is available as Shakespeare sculptures or miniatures and they rule the market right now. My Shakespeare bobble-head is one of my favorite office window pieces looking out into our yard, bobbing his giant plastic forehead head.

• Haha 3

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->