Unavoidable links between BF, the esoteric and Francis Bacon?

I submit this as an example of how to play the esoteric number game and not involve Francis Bacon where we could just as easily do that. I'd be interested in knowing why and how one should know to involve Francis Bacon into such a thing. Also, why are my own initials showing prominently here? What is the meaning of that? 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

I submit this as an example of how to play the esoteric number game and not involve Francis Bacon where we could just as easily do that. I'd be interested in knowing why and how one should know to involve Francis Bacon into such a thing. Also, why are my own initials showing prominently here? What is the meaning of that? 

spacer.png

When I first started to find Bacon cipher connections over 20 years ago, I'd take a random article from a newspaper and make it Bacon for practice.

It reinforced what I already believed; that everything is connected in Time and Space. It did give me a good solid laugh though that I could find Bacon anywhere. Yet it did not negate the idea that everything is connected in my mind. It was a strange conclusion - yes I am one who can make connections, but that does not mean they are not there even if Bacon had no idea of our daily news 400 years later.

I have a lot clutter in my head right now and we have a storm brewing. Maybe it is Dee saying Hello. But I need to take a moment and let the winds clear my head. Some professional mets are saying this could be another Hurricane Michael for Florida as the Gulf of Mexico is ridiculously hot which fuels storms. My wife and I just replaced our roof three weeks in order to get insurance that was cancelled due to Florida's management and it was not in our budget at all. We paid for updated Hurricane Clips and the roofing company forget to install them even though I was out in the yard asking them if they were installing them! UGH, Like it was ChatGPT robots installing our $20,000 roof forgetting to add the clips when the roof was actually open and it would have been so easy to do. They did not forget to bill for them!!

So after going back and forth, they are supposed to be here on Wednesday which is the day the storm is forecasts to move into our area!

image.png.6caaac4ed407dde54ae74cf93cea1c24.png

I can't help but stop in here, of course, but I also have storm profiles on multiple hurricane forums. We have dozens of weather versions of CJs, Yanns, A. Phoenixes, Erics and Kates, but maybe only one Prospero. LOL

I'm going outside to start to move a few potential projectiles to more secure places... 😉

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

50 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

When I first started to find Bacon cipher connections over 20 years ago, I'd take a random article from a newspaper and make it Bacon for practice.

It reinforced what I already believed; that everything is connected in Time and Space. It did give me a good solid laugh though that I could find Bacon anywhere. Yet it did not negate the idea that everything is connected in my mind. It was a strange conclusion - yes I am one who can make connections, but that does not mean they are not there even if Bacon had no idea of our daily news 400 years later.

I have a lot clutter in my head right now and we have a storm brewing. Maybe it is Dee saying Hello. But I need to take a moment and let the winds clear my head. Some professional mets are saying this could be another Hurricane Michael for Florida as the Gulf of Mexico is ridiculously hot which fuels storms. My wife and I just replaced our roof three weeks in order to get insurance that was cancelled due to Florida's management and it was not in our budget at all. We paid for updated Hurricane Clips and the roofing company forget to install them even though I was out in the yard asking them if they were installing them! UGH, Like it was ChatGPT robots installing our $20,000 roof forgetting to add the clips when the roof was actually open and it would have been so easy to do. They did not forget to bill for them!!

So after going back and forth, they are supposed to be here on Wednesday which is the day the storm is forecasts to move into our area!

image.png.6caaac4ed407dde54ae74cf93cea1c24.png

I can't help but stop in here, of course, but I also have storm profiles on multiple hurricane forums. We have dozens of weather versions of CJs, Yanns, A. Phoenixes, Erics and Kates, but maybe only one Prospero. LOL

I'm going outside to start to move a few potential projectiles to more secure places... 😉

It's that time of season again. I hate hurricane season. More and more it is starting to affect Nova Scotia. We' re getting the remnants of a tropical depression today. More rain for an very rainy Spring and Summer...Good luck with that storm system. It can boil down to exactly that. It all seems so unfair.  That's beyond frustrating about the roofing clips.  For 20k one would want there to be a bit of happiness attached to the spending of it. Stay safe and keep your fingers crossed.

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

I submit this as an example of how to play the esoteric number game and not involve Francis Bacon where we could just as easily do that.

https://archive.org/details/b30329619/page/n11/mode/1up?view=theater

image.png.f70541a9cd8f638d537bbccd8b7aa092.png

Funny the Déjà vu when I just glanced the following page. It felt I had dreamed about this page, and I feel like I know what will result from it. LOL

The mind is so funny!

image.png.b19ae159ddfa1dc3c88cb6c7e95ec513.png

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

I can't help but recognize that elongated tringle from somewhere else. lol

spacer.png

That's the old Hermetic suggestion I was considering from Sylva Sylvarum (the Mercator map alignment of Heliopolis/Great pyramid and the NA point through the Pillars to lat. 44.4N and 66.6 W of Paris on the great circle from Mount Moriah to, Cuper's Cove colony Newfoundland and, roughly, through to Alexandria, Virginia. The point in the Caribbean can be considered to be the island of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands, named by Columbus for the turtle dove. Tortola was known to Drake and other pirates who raided Spain's colonies nearby, as were all the many small islands in this cluster. The divider of the triangle aligns with the island of Bermuda.

The turtle dove has some Christian symbolism. My trusty, yet green, AI assistant has spit out:

"The symbolism of turtle doves extends beyond love and purity to also encompass peace and harmony. In Christianity, they represent the Holy Spirit and are commonly depicted alongside the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus. Additionally, turtle doves are believed to bring good luck and blessings in certain cultures, serving as a symbol of hope and positivity."

"Turtle doves are also associated with rejuvenation and new beginnings in several cultures. They are seen as symbols of renewal, representing the start of a new chapter or phase in life. Overall, the turtle dove symbolism is associated with positive emotions and values such as love, loyalty, devotion, purity, innocence, peace, harmony, renewal, and new beginnings."

The equating of Hermes with the divine shepherd of men and Christ can be paired with the idea of the holy spirit and of Mary here. Mary is the potential hermetic equivalent to Isis whose star has a declination of roughly 17 degrees South (the number of books specified). Heliopolis was the Egyptian center of worship for the Holy family (Ennead) and the Sun God Atum. Isis was the granddaughter of the Atum and the mother of Horus ("protector of the Sun and the sky" and King of Kings)

The placing of "books" at the end of the elongated triangle is possibly suggested. This suggests the wisdom and knowledge of Thoth who is Hermes to the Greeks. There is "BF" on one corner and "sky" on the other, or maybe there is "fib" on one corner, lol. One can even tease out "Ed Devard" at the other point (apologies to Baconians).

There's an obvious three fold relationship to birds here. There is the swan, the falcon and the dove involved.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

One can even tease out "Ed Devard" at the other point (apologies to Baconians).

Hard to miss. LOL

And I knew the 18 degree angle is what you would demonstrate above and I was ready with your response being expected. 😉

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

10 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Hard to miss. LOL

And I knew the 18 degree angle is what you would demonstrate above and I was ready with your response being expected. 😉

Good of you to recall that. It means you are paying attention. Did you see "Rob" at the point? I was hoping you would catch it and mention it. Were you there in spirit when that was made? lol.

A similar triangle is found on the title page of "The History of Royal Society of London" by Thomas Sprat". No great surprise since this institution was a creation of Ashmole (our book collector friend) who fancied himself as Mercurius. The point now is to try and understand how common an idea it was, and if Bacon could have latched on to it from his alchemical readings and exploited it. I suspect that I will have to go all the way to Paracelsus to see if that's somehow referred to. If nothing else is gained, it is always good to expand one's knowledge on the subject matter. None of this originates with Bacon, although I am feeling like he was the one who considered the symbolic Geo-metry and used it. I doubt Rawley was capable of it. I am also still quite interested in that flat Stereographic map projection that is masquerading as a globe in the SS title page. It focuses the attention exactly in the North Atlantic where the "globe" is most illuminated the light of God.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing C.J.

I did not know this book.

Indeed, yesterday I noticed that one of the lines of your triangle crossed "de vere" "Learned Everard".

Here is my point of view with some ideas and suggestions. 🙂 

The 33rd letter of the Title page is the 2nd letter u "you ? " of Mercurius, right between the F of "OF" and the B of "BOOKS" 

U (You) 33 F.B.

Notice that at the bottom you have  "at the Three Bibles in the Poul - trey"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trey

Another 33.

And I keep open to the possibility that "BaCun" could stand for "BACON".2023-08-27(1).png.1e20961f9471b8885a7a91683f2ed5a7.png

"By" is the 33rd word and "By 33" can be seen as By Bacon ( BACON = 33 simple cipher).

The second "By" is the 41st word and 33 +41 = 74 😊

Notice that on the Frontispiece, the Sun (1) on one side and the the Moon with the 32 stars (33) could represent the number 133.

( ROSIE - CROSS = 133 simple cipher)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Everard_(preacher)

John Everard died in 1641 and this book was published in 1650.

Here is something interesting in "To the Reader" ...

2023-08-27(2).png.656ec85ca74b665bdf5a99902b83e5b1.png

The word "Englishmen" is used twice in the Preface, and the second time, amongst the "Englishmen" we have BACON (Roger)

2023-08-27(4).png.94e103872767985d7c13cdf0b7a2c717.png

And on the opposite page we have one Franciscus (Flussas).

https://data.bnf.fr/14634553/francois_de_foix_candale/

Between "Franciscus" and "Bacon" we have a lot of 33.🙂

By the way, John Everard dedicated his Book "The arriereban, a sermon preached to the company of the military yarde, at St. Andrewes Church in Holborne at St. Iames his day last." to the HONORATIS∣SIMO DOMINO FRANCISCO, Baroni Ve∣rulamij, summo ANGLIAE Cancellario.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A00461.0001.001?view=toc

Back to the Book, I also noticed that one page was misnumbered.

It was for me an invitation to take a closer look at the suggested page.

2023-08-27(3).png.6f7c3671b1b8cc2b086eef5c1acfde23.png

F BACON

67 = FRANCIS (Simple cipher)

125 is 5 x 5 x 5 or 5^3

141 reminds me the work of Luis Quirino.

And here is a last suggestion on page 19 ...

image.png.03681e2d6ed8aff487d4634bb1ccc995.png

https://archive.org/details/b30329619/page/n17/mode/2up?ref=ol&view=theater&q=Bacon

• Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

2 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

Thank you for sharing C.J.

I did not know this book.

Indeed, yesterday I noticed that one of the lines of your triangle crossed "de vere" "Learned Everard".

Here is my point of view with some ideas and suggestions. 🙂 

The 33rd letter of the Title page is the 2nd letter u "you ? " of Mercurius, right between the F of "OF" and the B of "BOOKS" 

U (You) 33 F.B.

Notice that at the bottom you have  "at the Three Bibles in the Poul - trey"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trey

Another 33.

And I keep open to the possibility that "BaCun" could stand for "BACON".2023-08-27(1).png.1e20961f9471b8885a7a91683f2ed5a7.png

"By" is the 33rd word and "By 33" can be seen as By Bacon ( BACON = 33 simple cipher).

The second "By" is the 41st word and 33 +41 = 74 😊

Notice that on the Frontispiece, the Sun (1) on one side and the the Moon with the 32 stars (33) could represent the number 133.

( ROSIE - CROSS = 133 simple cipher)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Everard_(preacher)

John Everard died in 1641 and this book was published in 1650.

Here is something interesting in "To the Reader" ...

2023-08-27(2).png.656ec85ca74b665bdf5a99902b83e5b1.png

The word "Englishmen" is used twice in the Preface, and the second time, amongst the "Englishmen" we have BACON (Roger)

2023-08-27(4).png.94e103872767985d7c13cdf0b7a2c717.png

And on the opposite page we have one Franciscus (Flussas).

https://data.bnf.fr/14634553/francois_de_foix_candale/

Between "Franciscus" and "Bacon" we have a lot of 33.🙂

By the way, John Everard dedicated his Book "The arriereban, a sermon preached to the company of the military yarde, at St. Andrewes Church in Holborne at St. Iames his day last." to the HONORATIS∣SIMO DOMINO FRANCISCO, Baroni Ve∣rulamij, summo ANGLIAE Cancellario.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A00461.0001.001?view=toc

Back to the Book, I also noticed that one page was misnumbered.

It was for me an invitation to take a closer look at the suggested page.

2023-08-27(3).png.6f7c3671b1b8cc2b086eef5c1acfde23.png

F BACON

67 = FRANCIS (Simple cipher)

125 is 5 x 5 x 5 or 5^3

141 reminds me the work of Luis Quirino.

And here is a last suggestion on page 19 ...

image.png.03681e2d6ed8aff487d4634bb1ccc995.png

https://archive.org/details/b30329619/page/n17/mode/2up?ref=ol&view=theater&q=Bacon

Yes, all this is possible. I am happy that you took the time to come up with some of this. I noticed some things myself,  but simply decided not to involve them just to have Bacon appear for no reason. The point is that one can do it, but one does not know if one should be doing it. What do you propose is going on then? Dr. Evererard is not living when this work is published. Who's behind the things on this page, if indeed they are there. Is this part of a widespread conspiracy of enlightened souls?

It is just as important to consider what exactly is going on with Bacon and alchemy/Hermetic arts. This is not an area where Bacon has had a traditional contribution. Among alchemists of the day (ca.1650) the kind that dabbled in the mysticism of the ancients were a bit of a laughing stock and they soon got left behind by the sort of practitioners that became the modern scientists using empiric methods. Those people would have some reverence for Bacon. In time they dropped the word alchemy altogether to avoid the confusion. 

There was a fork in the road around Bacon's philosophy. That's what makes him special. The Hermetic arts started to get associated more with spiritual alchemy (psychology)  and they are said to be a counterpart to the empirical sciences.  This, I assume, is why we start to see the idea of 1/2 or 2:1 being used a lot.  Bacon's idea came in like the flood to rinse the world of primitive foolishness. The Hermetic practitioner wants there to be the idea that he is dabbling in the still relevant counterpart to science. This, for example, rescues astrology from being dethroned by astronomy. There's not much left today of the Hermetic practitioners' ideas. We do still have the "arts" around divination and the reading of people's souls, but they are on the fringes of our entertainment.

From the book I am reading now, "The magus of freemasonry : the mysterious life of Elias Ashmole, scientist, alchemist, and founder of the Royal Society" is this small paragraph just below the illustration of the title page we are examining:

"Broadly speaking, astrology and alchemy represent a psychological science, requiring the art of interpretation, while modern science is external and measurable science."

This sort of interpretative quality is exactly what Bacon was trying to avoid because it is subjective and prone to be explained by things that have no natural counterpart.

One has to be very careful to want to try and marry Bacon with Hermes. He's his counterpart if he is anything in relation to him. He's the completion of the story, or the other half.  Men like Ashmole modeled themselves by Hermes. When you read them they are all about qualitative considerations.  Bacon is modeling himself on Pythagoras, Euclid, Thales and the empiricists. Even Pythagoras' cult had two factions. The one devoted purely to what we would call Maths is what we need to focus on with Bacon.

Rawley did not want Bacon to stray too far from religion, and he did not portray him as a Hermeticist. He is given the quality of a natural philosopher who's ideas are still firmly in the light of the Hebrew God. What is said on this page we are considering would not have had much appeal to a Christian theologian like Rawley. Anyone who would have tried to equate Bacon to the old Hermes would have been mistaken, imo. He is like Hermes in some ways. All men are, because Hermes, the trickster, is said to be in all men.

33 by 41=1353. That is an interesting year. It's the year the plague finally abated (the end of that Godly judgement) and it is the year of the publishing of the "Decameron", The Decameron - Wikipedia, by Giovanni Boccaccio. It's 100 tales of "human comedy" with an emphasis on the tricks that men and women play on each other. Perhaps there is something of value to us in the 77th tale.

What do you think Bacon's mysticism looks like by the time "Novum Organum" was published? Did he have esoteric views that would have suggested that Hermes was Christ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

33 by 41=1353. That is an interesting year. It's the year the plague finally abated (the end of that Godly judgement) and it is the year of the publishing of the "Decameron", The Decameron - Wikipedia, by Giovanni Boccaccio. It's 100 tales of "human comedy" with an emphasis on the tricks that men and women play on each other. Perhaps there is something of value to us in the 77th tale.

What do you think Bacon's mysticism looks like by the time "Novum Organum" was published? Did he have esoteric views that would have suggested that Hermes was Christ?

Regarding the Decameron, my preference goes to the 33rd tale (4th Day 3rd story) and to the 74th tale (8th Day 4th Story) 🙂 

I will take a look to the 77th tale.

To be honest, I do not have any thougths about Bacon's mysticism by the time "Novum Organum" was published.

But something came to my mind facing the year 1353 and your question about HERMES/CHRIST, the fact that the isopsephy of HERMES is 353 and something that I noticed few years ago in the "Bibe of Natalis" published in 1593 with 153 engravings.

https://archive.org/details/adnotationesetme00nada/page/8/mode/2up 

I shared some of my thoughts on this Bible by the past, but I did not mentionned that there was an error in the numbering of the pages.

Indeed, the pagination goes from 352 to 355.

https://archive.org/details/adnotationesetme00nada/page/n577/mode/2up.

I wondered if it was intended and if the numbers 353 , 354 or 707 could be clues.

This was then that I learned that 353 was the Greek gematria of HERMES.

Moreover, at that time my research on number 707 led me to this site :

https://www.masoncode.com/the-great-seal-america/

I learned that 707 was the value of "The Virgin Mary" and it made sense in the context of the Bible.

But I also learned that 707 could be the isopsephy of 354 (THE GOD) + 353 (HERMES)

I do not know if it is relevant but I share it with you.

• Wow! 1

4 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

Regarding the Decameron, my preference goes to the 33rd tale (4th Day 3rd story) and to the 74th tale (8th Day 4th Story) 🙂 

I will take a look to the 77th tale.

To be honest, I do not have any thougths about Bacon's mysticism by the time "Novum Organum" was published.

But something came to my mind facing the year 1353 and your question about HERMES/CHRIST, the fact that the isopsephy of HERMES is 353 and something that I noticed few years ago in the "Bibe of Natalis" published in 1593 with 153 engravings.

https://archive.org/details/adnotationesetme00nada/page/8/mode/2up 

I shared some of my thoughts on this Bible by the past, but I did not mentionned that there was an error in the numbering of the pages.

Indeed, the pagination goes from 352 to 355.

https://archive.org/details/adnotationesetme00nada/page/n577/mode/2up.

I wondered if it was intended and if the numbers 353 , 354 or 707 could be clues.

This was then that I learned that 353 was the Greek gematria of HERMES.

Moreover, at that time my research on number 707 led me to this site :

https://www.masoncode.com/the-great-seal-america/

I learned that 707 was the value of "The Virgin Mary" and it made sense in the context of the Bible.

But I also learned that 707 could be the isopsephy of 354 (THE GOD) + 353 (HERMES)

I do not know if it is relevant but I share it with you.

Because of the way the Decameron is numbered it makes it that the 77th tale is the 7th story of the 8th day (7x10 +7=70+7) which is the Hebrew Ayin and Zayin  again). This is reminiscent of the idea of the 7th son of the 7th son. David was the seventh son, and his seventh son was Gad, the founder of the tribe of Gad. Gad died on the 10 day of the month of Cheshvan.

There are 7 women in this story and 3 men (the trinity expressed as males who are going to get pranked by the girls?). 7x7=49 is the Hebrew Jubilee period (a period leading to forgiveness and a restart). On the first year of the next one, the 50th starts the next cycle. In the book of Daniel there is the prophecy for the coming of the end times which will come after 10 Jubilee periods or 490 years. This idea will figure in the arithmetic of those who tried to calculate the time of the second coming. 7 x 7 x 7 =343.  If we decided to add a ten year period to 490 and to 343 we would achieve a nice round 500 and the 353 you mention. 1000+ 490 +353 is the date of the Millerite second coming and a key date in the Oak Island folklore. 

I think we are only discovering how very relevant the ideas of the powers of 3 and 7 are in the myths. The Decameron is making light of it, exactly as Dante has made light with his Divine Comedy. For some people this is serious business, and to others it is only worthy of a chuckle. In my estimation Bacon would have been a fan of the light hearted humor and would not have tried to explain a future which is open to all men to forge by using subjective numerology. That is not what an empiricist uses numbers for. This may mean that Bacon could have played a trick at the expense of anyone who was interpreting numbers this way. I like the idea of setting up a fool's errand by doing that.  Only someone who was "clued in" the to the realities of the natural world would be saved from the wild goose chase. Poultry indeed. So many birds...

• Wow! 1

58 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Because of the way the Decameron is numbered it makes it that the 77th tale is the 7th story of the 7 seventh day (7x10 +7=70+7) which is the Hebrew Ayin and Zayin  again)

It does not changed your interesting analysis ( because the 7th storie of the 7th day can be linked to the number 77), but precisely "Because of the way the Decameron is numbered"  the 7th tale of the 7th day is the 67th tales of the Decameron.

Indeed, with 10 days and 10 stories per day :

- at the end of the first day, there are 10 stories in total

- at the end of the second day, there are 20 stories in total

- at the end of the seventh day, there are 70 stories in total (7 x 10)

- the 77th story is the 7th story of the 8th day 😉

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/23700/23700-h/23700-h.htm

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Allisnum2er said:

It does not changed your interesting analysis ( because the 7th storie of the 7th day can be linked to the number 77), but precisely "Because of the way the Decameron is numbered"  the 7th tale of the 7th day is the 67th tales of the Decameron.

Indeed, with 10 days and 10 stories per day :

- at the end of the first day, there are 10 stories in total

- at the end of the second day, there are 20 stories in total

- at the end of the seventh day, there are 70 stories in total (7 x 10)

- the 77th story is the 7th story of the 8th day 😉

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/23700/23700-h/23700-h.htm

That's true. We would have to express that as 7 days + 7 stories which would be found on the 8th day.  Let me stand corrected. I'll read the story later. I've only seen the synopsis of day 7. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:19 PM, Light-of-Truth said:

Hard to miss. LOL

It turns out that elongated triangle is a feature of the compass and square geometry. Didn't really have to look that far for it. I'm disappointed this did not occur to me before.

spacer.png

It appears as a "leg" of the compass if we simply consider the diagonal AC. Triangle CLM is the elongated triangle. It has a rather interesting triangle ELI attached to it. That one has angles of 53, 100 and 27 degrees. All of those are "triggers". 100+53 is that perfect number again. Those two triangles can be used to define triangle ICE. It's no great task to reproduce that on a Mercator map to see what comes of it.

spacer.png

Adding on EDC to ADE here gives enough to complete the square. A third land point gets defined on the East coast of the Americas. It's just S of the Eastern tip of Brazil. This we can recognize as the location of the anticipated 1651 Solar eclipse.

9X9v4tG.jpg

The other point of interest is F on the West Coast. It appears to be at about the location of The Rosicrucian Temple at Mount Ecclesia.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 8/26/2023 at 3:46 PM, Allisnum2er said:

Those pesky Hurricanes !!! 😟 My thoughts are also with you and your family, Rob ! Take care of you ! Much Love.❤️

Thank you!

Yea, its crazy around here. The track is inching West which is good for us, but still 24 hours away. We are in a Hurricane Warning, much of our town is in evacuation mode, businesses boarding up. The Weather Channel has been showing an AI video of downtown Gulfport with a 6 ft storm surge with cars floating and debris while they name the businesses we all know here! LOL

Pesky Hurricanes, but it was a hurricane that tossed a few ships onto Bermuda in 1609, including the "Adventurer". The Tempest was based on that  pesky storm and is the first play in the First Folio 400 years ago. But King Lear touches on the actual weather experience:

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/doc/Lr_F1/scene/3.2/

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/SLNSW_F1/804/?work=lr&zoom=850

Storme still. Enter Lear, and Foole.

Lear. Blow windes, & crack your cheeks; Rage, blow
You Cataracts, and Hyrricano's spout,
Till you haue drench'd our Steeples, drown the Cockes.
You Sulph'rous and Thought-executing Fires,
Vaunt-curriors of Oake-cleauing Thunder-bolts,
Sindge my white head. And thou all-shaking Thunder,
Strike flat the thicke Rotundity o'th'world,
Cracke Natures moulds, all germaines spill at once
That makes ingratefull Man.

image.png.6fd14e039187d594e20d1146f979ef1d.png

Storm surge is the worry right now. We are 15ft above sea level and a few blocks from the ocean so should be OK. Hopefully nobody gets a 30ft surge!

The Dee in me is excited, the Bacon is me is more sober. LOL

Funny, I understand the recent Baconian consensus that Bacon's Prospero was about himself, but I am still unable to let go of Dee being Prospero, the "Father."

image.png.180a5b8939e3652fb7cc02cf4d4733d5.png

image.png.ae1f94260a60fa9d4a22329baf598582.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

13 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Thank you!

Yea, its crazy around here. The track is inching West which is good for us, but still 24 hours away. We are in a Hurricane Warning, much of our town is in evacuation mode, businesses boarding up. The Weather Channel has been showing an AI video of downtown Gulfport with a 6 ft storm surge with cars floating and debris while they name the businesses we all know here! LOL

Pesky Hurricanes, but it was a hurricane that tossed a few ships onto Bermuda in 1609, including the "Adventurer". The Tempest was based on that  pesky storm and is the first play in the First Folio 400 years ago. But King Lear touches on the actual weather experience:

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/doc/Lr_F1/scene/3.2/

https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/SLNSW_F1/804/?work=lr&zoom=850

Storme still. Enter Lear, and Foole.

Lear. Blow windes, & crack your cheeks; Rage, blow
You Cataracts, and Hyrricano's spout,
Till you haue drench'd our Steeples, drown the Cockes.
You Sulph'rous and Thought-executing Fires,
Vaunt-curriors of Oake-cleauing Thunder-bolts,
Sindge my white head. And thou all-shaking Thunder,
Strike flat the thicke Rotundity o'th'world,
Cracke Natures moulds, all germaines spill at once
That makes ingratefull Man.

image.png.6fd14e039187d594e20d1146f979ef1d.png

Storm surge is the worry right now. We are 15ft above sea level and a few blocks from the ocean so should be OK. Hopefully nobody gets a 30ft surge!

The Dee in me is excited, the Bacon is me is more sober. LOL

Funny, I understand the recent Baconian consensus that Bacon's Prospero was about himself, but I am still unable to let go of Dee being Prospero, the "Father."

image.png.180a5b8939e3652fb7cc02cf4d4733d5.png

image.png.ae1f94260a60fa9d4a22329baf598582.png

Definitely favor Bacon's call for reason and evacuate if that is what is suggested. Good luck Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Definitely favor Bacon's call for reason and evacuate if that is what is suggested. Good luck Rob. 

Thank you!

Wind is picking up, but nothing too bad yet. The main part of Idalia is many miles to the west over the Gulf so we should be fine. I'm hoping we will keep our power on as it is so nice to have all these modern comforts. LOL

UtX7N62.gif.fbaecbdb069e5f8bf7f9657c7bc2b303.gif

Downtown Gulfport might be flooded with a storm surge tomorrow, but we are a few blocks away and up to 15ft elevation in our yard. You can check out one of my cameras and if the power stays on we'll see some flooding  in town tomorrow peaking maybe at noon our time (EST).

https://thegabber.com/gulfport-fl-beach-webcam/

The strongest winds would be after midnight tonight and I making a slight effort to stay up. If not, I'll try to wake up early. 😉

I'm being more like Dee tonight after being like Bacon for a while. Time to play for me. We're safe unless a freak change happens.

The Weather Channel was doing this wild AI/Drone video presentation of what a 6 ft storm would be like in Gulfport and someone grabbed it and shared it. LOL

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->