Jump to content

To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges & the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Hollar appears to be a cool guy with connections. I thought we have explored him here before, maybe not.

Worthy of exploring...

ūüôā

 

A few relevant resources:

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_06_20pm.png.94be094a90c5bccb34b39375be94dad8.png

https://archive.org/details/lifediarycorresp00dugduoft/page/n7/mode/2up?view=theater

 

 

Le triomphe de la Mort, Wenceslaus Hollar (1607-1677) - French with English handwritten notesScreenShot2023-09-07at8_13_20pm.png.706b00818d257ea3bab8b3cd12924e85.png

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_13_36pm.png.4fcc1401c998ca38ef0f44f62cca1cae.png

 

 

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_19_04pm.png.1924f849955244f54e9a30ab12494e00.png

https://archive.org/details/trueeffigiesofmo00rest/page/n259/mode/2up?q=hollar&view=theater

 

 

The Dance of Death, Wenceslaus Hollar (1680)

https://archive.org/details/thedanceofdeath00holl/mode/2up?view=theater

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_21_36pm.png.080d172cb7856fb3bda069246ef487e3.png

 

 

, ,

 

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2023 at 4:27 PM, Allisnum2er said:

No indeed,  this is not how that works.

This is a set of elements that, together,  suggest that we can equate BACON to MERCURY.

Here is something else that I share for the first time.

https://archive.org/details/recueildemblemes00bau/mode/2up

The French Book "Recueil d'Emblemes Divers" was published in 1638 by Jean Baudoin who was the translator in French of some of Bacon's Works, of which "The Wisdome of the Ancients".

I agree with the theory that Francis Bacon feigned his death in 1626 and I think that he supervised the edition of this book which is a true goldmine ( I already shared a part of my research in another topic).

image.png.77a28348fb920eb8508fd17670fd0872.png

Notice that" Le grand CHANCELIER BACON" is mentioned on the very first page.

Does Jean Baudoin mentioned Bacon elsewhere in this book ?

Indeed, twice, on page 33 (BACON simple cipher) and on page 485.

2023-09-05.png.013a963e93893e859571c779939954a0.png

33 + 485 = 518 

And on page 518 we have the Emblem depicting ... Mercury/Hermes/Quicksilver !

By the way, Bacon is mentioned in Discours 2 and 48 and the two "Bacon" lead us to Discours 53.

2 + 48 + 53 = 103 = SHAKESPEARE (Simple cipher)

2023-09-05(1).png.db2b280677c20f82a8be1439e2986f9b.png

Here is an alternative vision of Mercury than the one of a Trickster ūüôā¬†

"In the life we lead, as it is impossible not to encounter obstacles, as this emblem teaches, we necessarily need a Mercury, that is to say a Director who shows us where we have to go, for we are enveloped in so many clouds here below that it is difficult to dissipate them without divine assistance."

 

 

 

Don't make me have to do this.

You are looking with anticipation, and you know how to generate the number interpretations you require to come to the conclusions you want to have be made. Absolutely nothing here gives you Shakespeare but the last number sum you invoked. You have those numbers and meanings in your back pocket ready to use, always. Shame for your inability to be critical of yourself when suggestible young people may be reading. 

What if 2+48+53 has another more obvious explanation? You know, one that we can source from nature. You seem to be grossly unaware of the 33 day period in five parts in the cycle of Mercury. You've not completed that equation properly either. It's 2+48+53+5=108 that is at play here. That 108 is of high importance as it is 4x27.  The four and the five are essential for the 4x5=20 cycle suggestion (TT, also three to the power of three, thirty three or trente trois ). That 108 is that "holiest" of approximate numbers that seemed to affect the ratios of diameters, distances and periods that apply to the Sun, moon and the precession cycle. That was noticed by some pretty early observers. That was for a time also assumed to be a divine cosmological ratio of some sort. This has only been known for millennia. When are you going to get around to using it in your demos?  Have you no astronomical clue of what you are talking about here with Mercury? Passenger, please take some time and observe the sky. Or is it that you would rather not have stated doubts about your conspiracy laden math suggestions? There is not one number from 1 to 200 that you could not have made a strong suggestion with which in line with your existing beliefs if that had been required. I'm not surprised you have one for 103. I hope any outside readers aren't either. I heard from Rob many come here.

I do admire you arrogance. I think it is essential to be arrogant as well as humble. An equal amount of a lot of both is a good mixture. You should be commended for speaking up. Some are afraid to for fear of their shadow. 

Bacon was born at a time when there was a near conjunction of the Sun and Mercury in the sky and near a significant cycle of clustered solar eclipses. There are foolish reasons in astrology why he may have liked being likened to Mercury if we do not want to accept the interpretation he was seen as a messenger of the Gods by myth obsessed writers wanting to eulogize him. Is it related to natural phenomena or is it related to myths? You tell me what Bacon would have preferred to have hung his hat on. 

If your slight of hand constitutes knowledge, it can never be accessed with certainty. I could show you the approximately 116 day cycle of Mercury in its five parts in a way that you have to accept its existence. I can even show you that the pentagonal geometry that the movement traces was exploited symbolically by emblem makers. You, on the other hand, are stuck having to convince people with imperfect syllogisms and the steadfastness of your belief in counting schemes which can be equated to any words you prefer from a long list that is available. That's a horrible mess to be in. Do the French count in English when they do their gematria on Francois Bacon's name? Are there alternate lists of equivalences?

To be fair, I think you are playing checkers with the life of a man who was playing chess, but we all have to start somewhere and build from that. That is the recipe. Of value to these early astronomers was the value of the long astronomical cycles like that of the precession of the zodiacal constellations measured at the Spring Equinox for reference. The approximately 26000 year cycle was imaged to have been close to a large composite number. This would have allowed many smaller cycles to be sympathetic to it. That is similar to thinking that a year was of use if it had 360 days. The number you are looking for is 25920 (to approximate 26000). There are 60 factors for this number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 18, 20, 24, 27, 30, 32, 36, 40, 45, 48, 54, 60, 72, 80, 90, 96, 108, 120, 135, 144, 160, 180, 216, 240, 270, 288, 360, 432, 480, 540, 720, 864, 960, 1080, 1440, 1728, 2160, 2880, 3456, 4320, 5760, 6912, 8640, 11520, 17280, and 25920)

108 makes an appearance with 27 here, not too surprisingly. It's one of the places it appears related to astronomical bodies. Mind you, it has no real meaning. 

These are the machinations that men who were in love with empirical numbers got into when they looked for patterns that might inform them of relationships in Nature. They don't actually go look at the Corpus Hermeticum for inspiration about numbers to equate to some meaning, or refer to gematria correspondences. John Dee might. What is Bacon but the father of Empiricism?  He gets no credit for having written Shakespeare. That suggestion petered out in the 1920s, but it does have occasional revivals. Him not dying when he did is an example of the stuff that gets thrown out on the way to even worse suggestions. It would be more reasonable for you to suggest that Bacon believed the world was flat.

 

Aphorism 2 from "Novum Organum":

Neither the naked hand nor the understanding left to itself can effect much. It is by instruments and helps that the work is done, which are as much wanted for the understanding as for the hand. And as the instruments of the hand either give motion or guide it, so the instruments of the mind supply either suggestions for the understanding or cautions.
 

Aphorism 5:

The study of nature with a view to works is engaged in by the mechanic, the mathematician, the physician, the alchemist, and the magician; but by all (as things now are) with slight endeavour and scanty success.

Aphorism 48:

 The human understanding is unquiet; it cannot stop or rest, and still presses onward, but in vain. Therefore it is that we cannot conceive of any end or limit to the world; but always as of necessity it occurs to us that there is something beyond. Neither again can it be conceived how eternity has flowed down to the present day; for that distinction which is commonly received of infinity in time past and in time to come can by no means hold; for it would thence follow that one infinity is greater than another, and that infinity is wasting away and tending to become finite. The like subtlety arises touching the infinite divisibility of lines, from the same inability of thought to stop. But this inability interferes more mischievously in the discovery of causes: for although the most general principles in nature ought to be held merely positive, as they are discovered, and cannot with truth be referred to a cause; nevertheless the human understanding being unable to rest still seeks something prior in the order of nature. And then it is that in struggling towards that which is further off it falls back upon that which is more nigh at hand; namely, on final causes: which have relation clearly to the nature of man rather than to the nature of the universe; and from this source have strangely defiled philosophy. But he is no less an unskilled and shallow philosopher who seeks causes of that which is most general, than he who in things subordinate and subaltern omits to do so.

Aphorism 53:

The Idols of the Cave take their rise in the peculiar constitution, mental or bodily, of each individual; and also in education, habit, and accident. Of this kind there is a great number and variety; but I will instance those the pointing out of which contains the most important caution, and which have most effect in disturbing the clearness of the understanding.

2+5+48+53=108

Aphorism 33:

 This must be plainly avowed: no judgment can be rightly formed either of my method or of the discoveries to which it leads, by means of anticipations (that is to say, of the reasoning which is now in use); since I cannot be called on to abide by the sentence of a tribunal which is itself on its trial.

 

Are some not guilty of using the methods that were in use which Bacon is saying are on trial? Are you not anticipating what you will find when you look? Why do you think he was after a method to rid the world of the pitfalls of speculations and anticipations? 

 

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Eric Roberts said:

A few relevant resources:

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_06_20pm.png.94be094a90c5bccb34b39375be94dad8.png

https://archive.org/details/lifediarycorresp00dugduoft/page/n7/mode/2up?view=theater

 

 

Le triomphe de la Mort, Wenceslaus Hollar (1607-1677) - French with English handwritten notesScreenShot2023-09-07at8_13_20pm.png.706b00818d257ea3bab8b3cd12924e85.png

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_13_36pm.png.4fcc1401c998ca38ef0f44f62cca1cae.png

 

 

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_19_04pm.png.1924f849955244f54e9a30ab12494e00.png

https://archive.org/details/trueeffigiesofmo00rest/page/n259/mode/2up?q=hollar&view=theater

 

 

The Dance of Death, Wenceslaus Hollar (1680)

https://archive.org/details/thedanceofdeath00holl/mode/2up?view=theater

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_21_36pm.png.080d172cb7856fb3bda069246ef487e3.png

 

 

, ,

 

 

Warning: Heavy Reading

The Online Books Page

(Dugdale, William, 1605-1686)

https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupname?key=Dugdale%2C William%2C 1605-1686

 

Very interesting extract from The Life, Diary and Correspondence of Sir William Dugdale (see link above)

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_35_52pm.png.fe6f073a9cb964c6f442d9c96cf0f752.png

A Brief Discourse Touching on the Office of Lord Chancellor of England:

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A59075.0001.001?rgn=main;view=fulltext

A true CATALOGUE of the Lord Chancellors and Keepers of the Great Seal of England, from the Norman Conquest, untill this present Year 1671

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A59075.0001.001/1:5?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eric Roberts said:

 

Warning: Heavy Reading

The Online Books Page

(Dugdale, William, 1605-1686)

https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupname?key=Dugdale%2C William%2C 1605-1686

 

Very interesting extract from The Life, Diary and Correspondence of Sir William Dugdale (see link above)

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_35_52pm.png.fe6f073a9cb964c6f442d9c96cf0f752.png

A Brief Discourse Touching on the Office of Lord Chancellor of England:

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A59075.0001.001?rgn=main;view=fulltext

A true CATALOGUE of the Lord Chancellors and Keepers of the Great Seal of England, from the Norman Conquest, untill this present Year 1671

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A59075.0001.001/1:5?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

 

 

The University of Toronto Library has its own Hollar Collection:

https://hollar.library.utoronto.ca

which includes The Dance of Death:

https://hollar.library.utoronto.ca/dancedeath

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eric Roberts said:

A few relevant resources:

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_06_20pm.png.94be094a90c5bccb34b39375be94dad8.png

https://archive.org/details/lifediarycorresp00dugduoft/page/n7/mode/2up?view=theater

 

 

Le triomphe de la Mort, Wenceslaus Hollar (1607-1677) - French with English handwritten notesScreenShot2023-09-07at8_13_20pm.png.706b00818d257ea3bab8b3cd12924e85.png

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_13_36pm.png.4fcc1401c998ca38ef0f44f62cca1cae.png

 

 

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_19_04pm.png.1924f849955244f54e9a30ab12494e00.png

https://archive.org/details/trueeffigiesofmo00rest/page/n259/mode/2up?q=hollar&view=theater

 

 

The Dance of Death, Wenceslaus Hollar (1680)

https://archive.org/details/thedanceofdeath00holl/mode/2up?view=theater

ScreenShot2023-09-07at8_21_36pm.png.080d172cb7856fb3bda069246ef487e3.png

 

 

, ,

 

Thank you Eric !¬†ūüôŹ

https://archive.org/details/trueeffigiesofmo00rest/page/n259/mode/2up?q=hollar&view=theater

Here is the translation of one part of the text behind the effigy:

 

"In 1627 he left Prague, having lived in various places in Germany, he devoted himself for a short time to clarifying and applying etching,  having left Cologne with the Count of Arundel towards Vienna ..."

https://www.rct.uk/collection/803305/thomas-howard-earl-of-arundel-1639

 

  • Like 3

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Don't make me have to do this.

You are looking with anticipation, and you know how to generate the number interpretations you require to come to the conclusions you want to have be made. Absolutely nothing here gives you Shakespeare but the last number sum you invoked. You have those numbers and meanings in your back pocket ready to use, always. Shame for your inability to be critical of yourself when suggestible young people may be reading. 

CJ, don't make me have to do this.

You are looking with anticipation too, and you know how to generate the "Triangle" you require to come to the conclusions you want to have to be made. I am really not an expert in geometry so correct me if I am wrong, but I have the impression that absolutely nothing  gives you this "Triangle" but your choice of one peculiar right-angle triangle amongst all the possible right-angle triangles that can be generated from your diagonal AT. You have this "Triangle" and the "TAU" and meaning in your back pocket ready to use, always. What makes you think that your suggestion is more valuable ?

Regarding my previous post, you say : 

"What if 2+48+53 has another more obvious explanation? You know, one that we can source from nature. You seem to be grossly unaware of the 33 day period in five parts in the cycle of Mercury. You've not completed that equation properly either. It's 2+48+53+5=108 that is at play here. That 108 is of high importance as it is 4x27.  The four and the five are essential for the 4x5=20 cycle suggestion (TT, also three to the power of three, thirty three or trente trois ). That 108 is that "holiest" of approximate numbers that seemed to affect the ratios of diameters, distances and periods that apply to the Sun, moon and the precession cycle."

First of all, I never said that I was learned in Astronomy. I am not. I am a newbie in this field and in many others. I also consider that I am a newbie both in the world of Bacon and in the world of the Shakespeare Authorship Question.

I began my studies and my own research only seven years ago. I have so much to learn !!! And I am glad that I found sirbacon.org and this forum, that gives me the opportunity to learn more every day about Francis Bacon.

Now, based on my post, you say that I have not completed my equation properly.

My analysis is that Discours 2 (Bacon)+ Discours 48 (Bacon) + Discours 53 = 103 that can be a reference to Shakespeare.

And you say that I am wrong because I did not take the BACON on the 5th unnumbered "page" " in count ?¬†ūüėĄ

Did you  read at least the Preface of the book ?

I guess that the answer is NO !

If YES, you would know that there is a fourth BACON mentionned on the 24th page.

Talking about the Preface, here is something else that I did not mentioned. There are 36 pages before the  first numbered page (3) of Discours I, which means that the page number 33 (the page quoting Bacon) is the 67th page from the Frontispiece, giving us FRANCIS (67) BACON (33).

I resume : we have BACON on page 33 that is the 67th page of the Book, 67 being the simple cipher FRANCIS.

So yes, it can be just a coincidence OR with the FACT that there is no DISCOURS 52 with a shift from 51 to 53 for a total of 67 Discours, it could suggest that ciphering is in play.

Now, take the two BACON in Capital letters on the 5th and the 24th page of the book and you obtain the number 29.

Interestingly , the Discours XXIX is the only misnumbered (XXIV) Discours in the 1638 Edition.

This Discours 29 on page 333 is about ATALANTE.

image.png.89329ad06331c1fbf1e85c5f9623d902.png

https://archive.org/details/recueildemblemes00bau/page/332/mode/2up

Let's take a look at the true DISCOURS XXIV

image.png.38152c7b8259da05c9aca9ccc9e01237.png

https://archive.org/details/recueildemblemes00bau/page/296/mode/2up

This Discours is the translation in French of Chapter II of "The Wisdome of the Ancients" (Francis Bacon -1609)

https://www.bartleby.com/lit-hub/of-the-wisdom-of-the-ancients/ii-typhon-francis-bacon-15611626-of-the-wisdom-of-the-ancients-1857/

"The Birth of Pallas"

 

 

 

 

  • Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

Thank you Eric !¬†ūüôŹ

https://archive.org/details/trueeffigiesofmo00rest/page/n259/mode/2up?q=hollar&view=theater

Here is the translation of one part of the text behind the effigy:

 

"In 1627 he left Prague, having lived in various places in Germany, he devoted himself for a short time to clarifying and applying etching,  having left Cologne with the Count of Arundel towards Vienna ..."

https://www.rct.uk/collection/803305/thomas-howard-earl-of-arundel-1639

 

Did you notice the 33rd Effigy ?

Book page image

https://archive.org/details/trueeffigiesofmo00rest/page/n95/mode/2up?q=hollar&view=theater

Anthony van Dyck painted Sir John Suckling holding the First Folio of Shakespeare.

https://www.frick.org/exhibitions/van_dyck/87

And the text tells us that " HE WAS THE TRUE PHOENIX OF OUR CENTURY"

(Just below KING OF ENGLAND)

  • Wow! 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Shakespeare Monument

Hundreds of thousands of scholars, students and tourists travel from all around the globe to visit Stratford-Upon-Avon and the Shakespeare monument to pay homage to the greatest poet and dramatist in the history of the world but are not able to see and comprehend what is hidden in plain sight in front of their own eyes. The full Rosicrucian-Freemasonic significance of the Shakespeare monument at Stratford (which is known to learned members of the Brotherhood) has been concealed, hidden, and suppressed for the last four hundred years.

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 36.png

  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monument Symbolism

This systematic silence was recently overturned by Peter Dawkins, founder-principal of the Francis Bacon Research Trust, a recognised authority on the Rosicrucian-Freemasonry Brotherhood (who by his own admission is not a Freemason) in his ground-breaking article ‚ÄėThe symbolism, mystery and secret message of the Shakespeare Monument‚Äô (2020). It was also addressed by M. R. Osborne in his 112-page work Allegory in Stone: A Short Study of the Shakespeare Monument published in 2022. In contrast to Dawkins, while Osborne (a descendent of the Shakespeare family) was apparently not a Baconian, he is a member of the secretive Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia whose admission rules require that its members have achieved the rank of Master Mason of a Grand Lodge under the auspices of the Grand Lodge of England.¬†

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 37.png

  • Wow! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Symbolism

The Shakespeare monument is replete with Rosicrucian-Freemasonry symbolism. There are the two putti (a representation of a naked child or cherub) above the monument representing Adam‚Äôs labour with the trowel symbolically used to spread brotherly love among humankind a key tool of modern Speculative Freemasonry. The sandstone skull, ‚Äėa profoundly masonic symbol‚Äô situated at the top of the monument ‚Äėreminds us of the ‚ÄúGrand Lodge Above‚ÄĚ is never far away. Here on the Shakespeare monument the black marble Corinthian columns represent the Freemasonic columns that beautify and adorn Freemasonic Lodges all around the world.

M. R. Osborne, Allegory in Stone: A Short Study of the Shakespeare Monument (Rose Circle Publications, 2022), pp. 50-51, 55-56, 57-8

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 38.png

  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rosicrucian Memorial

In his chapter on ‚ÄėRosicrucianism‚Äô Osborne reveals that ‚ÄėOne Rosicrucian secret is that our bodies have a further six nonphysical forms‚Ķconcealed by seven veils‚ĶThe seven roses above Shakespeare‚Äôs head on the monument refer to this Rosicrucian doctrine of the Seven Aphorisms or Sevenfold Soul.‚Äô The hidden secret of the Shakespeare monument is that it is ‚Äėin truth, a Rosicrucian memorial‚Äô, and ‚Äėwe need only consider the trowel and spear in the monument, and the three Working Tools of the Poet in the frieze (the quill pen, page and cushion he needed to sit on while working) to recognise the quasi-Freemasonic symbolism.‚Äô

M. R. Osborne, Allegory in Stone: A Short Study of the Shakespeare Monument (Rose Circle Publications, 2022), pp. 98, 100-102

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 39.png

  • Wow! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great post with photos about the opening exhibition of the re-homed and newly catalogued collection of the SRIA London with some extraordinary early publications of Rosicrucian and Hermetic texts on display…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/464647772026730/permalink/813623843795786/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Monument Symbolism

This systematic silence was recently overturned by Peter Dawkins, founder-principal of the Francis Bacon Research Trust, a recognised authority on the Rosicrucian-Freemasonry Brotherhood (who by his own admission is not a Freemason) in his ground-breaking article ‚ÄėThe symbolism, mystery and secret message of the Shakespeare Monument‚Äô (2020). It was also addressed by M. R. Osborne in his 112-page work Allegory in Stone: A Short Study of the Shakespeare Monument published in 2022. In contrast to Dawkins, while Osborne (a descendent of the Shakespeare family) was apparently not a Baconian, he is a member of the secretive Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia whose admission rules require that its members have achieved the rank of Master Mason of a Grand Lodge under the auspices of the Grand Lodge of England.¬†

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 37.png

https://www.mrosborne.co.uk/book/allegory-in-stone

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Rosicrucian Memorial

In his chapter on ‚ÄėRosicrucianism‚Äô Osborne reveals that ‚ÄėOne Rosicrucian secret is that our bodies have a further six nonphysical forms‚Ķconcealed by seven veils‚ĶThe seven roses above Shakespeare‚Äôs head on the monument refer to this Rosicrucian doctrine of the Seven Aphorisms or Sevenfold Soul.‚Äô The hidden secret of the Shakespeare monument is that it is ‚Äėin truth, a Rosicrucian memorial‚Äô, and ‚Äėwe need only consider the trowel and spear in the monument, and the three Working Tools of the Poet in the frieze (the quill pen, page and cushion he needed to sit on while working) to recognise the quasi-Freemasonic symbolism.‚Äô

M. R. Osborne, Allegory in Stone: A Short Study of the Shakespeare Monument (Rose Circle Publications, 2022), pp. 98, 100-102

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 39.png

https://www.goodreads.com/videos/191358-allegory-in-stone-a-short-study-of-the-shakespeare-monument

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

Great post with photos about the opening exhibition of the re-homed and newly catalogued collection of the SRIA London with some extraordinary early publications of Rosicrucian and Hermetic texts on display…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/464647772026730/permalink/813623843795786/

I am not on Facebook so can't view. Is there an outside link in the group the public can check out?

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, A Phoenix said:

In his chapter on ‚ÄėRosicrucianism‚Äô Osborne reveals that ‚ÄėOne Rosicrucian secret is that our bodies have a further six nonphysical forms‚Ķconcealed by seven veils‚ĶThe seven roses above Shakespeare‚Äôs head on the monument refer to this Rosicrucian doctrine of the Seven Aphorisms or Sevenfold Soul.‚Äô

I think I may have heard of this before, but it sounds very intriguing. I wonder what the further six nonphysical forms are...

  • Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Eric Roberts said:

Hi Eric,

I love the last sentences :

"The monument describes that journey in a clearly Kabbalistic fashion, and points to the figure of Shakespeare in the centre as an example of the Middle Way, the sacred path. Why else would Envious Death be covetous of him whom it placed within, but for the fact that Shakespeare has been separated from his physical body and attained eternal splendour?"

ūüėä

  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

...but for the fact that Shakespeare has been separated from his physical body and attained eternal splendour?"

That is Dee's work: <--1881-->

I've never had a thought to look at the Shakespeare monument and see if it relates with the other monument, the Sonnets.

  • Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

"The monument describes that journey in a clearly Kabbalistic fashion, and points to the figure of Shakespeare in the centre as an example of the Middle Way, the sacred path...

The Middle of the Sonnets Pyramid is Day 183 with 182 Days on either side.

ONE EIGHTY THREE is 157 Simple and 365 Kaye cipher:

image.png.24a95a452a385cf665ef95039cd467d8.png

ONE EIGHTY TWO is 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher:

image.png.e073d4e52f803d41b6f3ba6c5e21a313.png

The Middle, "the sacred path." ūüôā

 

 

  • Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cryptpogram

The Shakespeare monument is a Baconian-Rosicrucian-Freemasonic cryptogram concealing and revealing its hidden architect and secret author of the Shakespeare poems and plays. It is as Peter Dawkins points out a critical gateway into the heart of the mystery of Shakespeare which when fully revealed has very far-reaching consequences that will demand the re-writing of history and change forever the face of Baconian-Shakespearean scholarship.

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 40.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dugdale/Hollar Monument

In the drawing by Sir William Dugdale carefully engraved by Wenceslaus Hollar published in the Antiquities of Warwickshire ‚ÄėShakespeare‚Äô is depicted appearing to clutch a sack without (as appears in the familiar Shakespeare monument) resting his left hand on a paper laid on a cushion with his right hand holding a quill. The sack observes Dawkins is clearly a woolsack. The Dugdale drawing/engraving of the Shakespeare monument appears to have been designed ‚Äėto draw notice to its Masonic significance, for the arms of Shakespeare are shown in a most awkward but stylised way which immediately draws attention. These arms are disposed such that they portray the geometrical form of the Masonic Square and Compass, the single most universally identifiable symbol of Freemasonry. The upper arms and head form the Compass (i.e., pair or set of Compasses) the lower arms and hands the Square.‚Äô To substitute a woolsack for a cushion is of great Baconian-Rosicrucian-Freemasonic significance because the most famous woolsack is the seat of the Lord Chancellor (Bacon was Lord Chancellor of England) while presiding over the House of Lords. The lions shown crowning the pillars alludes to the ‚ÄėLions Paw‚Äô, the grip used in the third degree ritual to resurrect or raise up the Freemason from darkness into light.

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 41.png

  • Wow! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Symbolism

As we now have it the Shakespeare monument depicts the purported image of the Stratford man with a blank or vacant expression (not unlike the Droeshout on the First Folio) with a quill pen in his right hand with his left hand resting upon a single blank sheet of paper on a tessellated cushion. The blank sheet on the monument indicates that the actor William Shakspere has never written anything in his whole life-no Shakespeare poems or plays-and at the same time throws a sidelight on his lack of education and illiteracy. A tessellated cushion is what we would expect to see, discloses Dawkins, on the seat of a Grand Master of Freemasonry. The cushion on the monument he observes is depicted with golden tassels at its four corners and a gold cord around it linking the tassels: ‚ÄėIn Freemasonry, the lodge, the lodge floor (or carpet) and the tracing board each have a tassellated (tessellated) border consisting of a cord connecting four tassels, one at each of the four corners. The tassels represent the four cardinal virtues-Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude and Justice.‚Äô The Shakespeare monument like the First Folio which is dedicated to the Grand Master of England is replete with Baconian-Rosicrucian-Freemasonic symbolism, codes and ciphers, which read and deciphered repeatedly reveal and confirm that Bacon is Shakespeare.¬†¬†¬†¬†

Peter Dawkins, ‚ÄėThe Stratford Shakespeare Monument: The symbolism, mystery and secret message of the Shakespeare Monument in Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon‚Äô, Francis Bacon Research Trust, (2020), p. 11

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 42.png

  • Like 1
  • Wow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ciphers

Dawkins draws his revelatory article to a close by revealing the Baconian ciphers inserted by Bacon in the Stratford Shakespeare monument. If we look closely at the first two lines of the inscription it will be observed that certain letters are deliberately formed larger than the others: i.e., in the first line I P S and M in the first line and T and O which is six letters in total. The sixth letter of the alphabet is F. There are 33 small letters on each of the first two lines: 33 Bacon. When the F is added to numerical equivalent of Bacon (33+6) it gives F BACON 39 in simple cipher. On the last two lines of the middle six-line section are two sets of the letters TT signifying Thirty-Three (33) again Bacon in simple cipher.

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 43.png

  • Like 2
  • Wow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The large eight lines (the two upper Latin lines the middle six English lines) of text on the inscription of the Shakespeare monument contains a total of 287 letters: 287 Fra Rosicrosse in kay cipher. The bottom two lines of the inscription ‚ÄėOBIIT ANO DOI 1616 AETATIS 53 DIE 23 AP‚Äô comprises six words and the numbers total 1+6+1+6+5+3+2+3=27: 6+27= 33 Bacon in simple cipher. The Latin inscription contains 72 letters, the English verse 52 words, the bottom section 6 words, and the numbers total 27: 72+52+6+27= 157 Fra Rosicrosse in simple cipher.

Frank Woodward and Parker Woodward, Secret Shakespearean Seals Revelations Of Rosicrucian Arcana Discoveries In The Shakespeare Plays, Sonnets, And Works, Printed Circa 1586-1740, Of ‚ÄúSecreti Sigilli,‚ÄĚ Concealed Author‚Äôs Marks And Signs (Nottingham: H. Jenkins, 1916), p. 70 and plate LXVII; Peter Dawkins, ‚ÄėThe Stratford Shakespeare Monument: The symbolism, mystery and secret message of the Shakespeare Monument in Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon‚Äô, Francis Bacon Research Trust, (2020), p. 22

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 44.png

  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, A Phoenix said:

The Dugdale/Hollar Monument

In the drawing by Sir William Dugdale carefully engraved by Wenceslaus Hollar published in the Antiquities of Warwickshire ‚ÄėShakespeare‚Äô is depicted appearing to clutch a sack without (as appears in the familiar Shakespeare monument) resting his left hand on a paper laid on a cushion with his right hand holding a quill. The sack observes Dawkins is clearly a woolsack. The Dugdale drawing/engraving of the Shakespeare monument appears to have been designed ‚Äėto draw notice to its Masonic significance, for the arms of Shakespeare are shown in a most awkward but stylised way which immediately draws attention. These arms are disposed such that they portray the geometrical form of the Masonic Square and Compass, the single most universally identifiable symbol of Freemasonry. The upper arms and head form the Compass (i.e., pair or set of Compasses) the lower arms and hands the Square.‚Äô To substitute a woolsack for a cushion is of great Baconian-Rosicrucian-Freemasonic significance because the most famous woolsack is the seat of the Lord Chancellor (Bacon was Lord Chancellor of England) while presiding over the House of Lords. The lions shown crowning the pillars alludes to the ‚ÄėLions Paw‚Äô, the grip used in the third degree ritual to resurrect or raise up the Freemason from darkness into light.

PAPER:

https://www.academia.edu/105955896/To_The_Memorie_of_the_deceased_Authour_Maister_W_Shakespeare_by_Leonard_Digges_and_the_Rosicrucian_Freemasonic_Stratford_Monument_commissioned_by_Francis_Bacon

VIDEO: To The Memorie of the deceased Authour Maister W. Shakespeare by Leonard Digges

& the Rosicrucian-Freemasonic Stratford Monument commissioned by Francis Bacon

https://youtu.be/HggKSZ02NWo

VIDEO 1 MINUTE TRAILER: The Amazing Transformation of the Stratford Shakespeare Monument

https://youtu.be/vJ5u1TZA5-8

FF8 41.png

Hi A Phoenix,

Thank you.¬†ūüôŹ

I knew about the "Square and Compass" reference but not about the link between the wool bale and the woolsack. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolsack

https://thehistoryofparliament.wordpress.com/2021/08/26/what-did-the-elizabethan-house-of-lords-look-like/

Wenceslas_Hollar_-_Trial_of_Laud_(State_

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Wenceslas_Hollar_-_Trial_of_Laud_(State_2).jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...