The Chymical Wedding

This is an interesting passage in the Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz. It corresponds with the "four spiritual ways" scheme outlined by Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. Gurdjieff assigns the four ways as, first to the fakir (physical discipline); the second to the monk (heart, bhakti yoga); the third knowledge (jnana yoga); and the fourth as a combination of all. The source of Gurdjieff's four ways scheme is unknown, and who knows? it could have been this text. Or this text could reflect knowledge transmitted through other texts, or orally, over the centuries. In any case, if this reading is correct it represents a remarkable level of spiritual sophistication, but you never know what Tocino, as we say in Espanish, may have dug up. 

By us doth the Bridegroom offer thee a choice between four ways, all of which, if thou dost not sink down in the way, can bring thee to his royal court. The first [fakir, physical] is short but dangerous, and one which will lead thee into rocky places, through which it will be scarcely possible to pass. The second [heart, monk, bhakti yoga] is longer, and takes thee circuitously; it is plain and easy, if by the help of the Magnet, thou turnest neither to left nor right. The third [knowledge, jnana yoga] is that truly royal way which through various pleasures and pageants of our King, affords thee a joyful journey; but this so far has scarcely been allotted to one in a thousand. By the fourth shall no man reach the place, because it is a consuming way [i.e., by fire], practicable only for incorruptible bodies.

• Like 3

"Gurdjieff and Ouspensky" both appeared in my life at just the right moment in time. Coincided with my first year(s) of seriously studying Bacon.

Synchronicity galore? LOL

😉

It's been a while, wouldn't mind revisiting some of those experiences. Funny how we learn, get distracted, forget, and need to learn again.

Even since being on this forum I am am seeing things I wrote that have been lost in the drawers of my mind! Time just flies, faster every minute...

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->