The Chymical Wedding

Guest Ryan Murtha

Guest Ryan Murtha

This is an interesting passage in the Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz. It corresponds with the "four spiritual ways" scheme outlined by Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. Gurdjieff assigns the four ways as, first to the fakir (physical discipline); the second to the monk (heart, bhakti yoga); the third knowledge (jnana yoga); and the fourth as a combination of all. The source of Gurdjieff's four ways scheme is unknown, and who knows? it could have been this text. Or this text could reflect knowledge transmitted through other texts, or orally, over the centuries. In any case, if this reading is correct it represents a remarkable level of spiritual sophistication, but you never know what Tocino, as we say in Espanish, may have dug up. 

By us doth the Bridegroom offer thee a choice between four ways, all of which, if thou dost not sink down in the way, can bring thee to his royal court. The first [fakir, physical] is short but dangerous, and one which will lead thee into rocky places, through which it will be scarcely possible to pass. The second [heart, monk, bhakti yoga] is longer, and takes thee circuitously; it is plain and easy, if by the help of the Magnet, thou turnest neither to left nor right. The third [knowledge, jnana yoga] is that truly royal way which through various pleasures and pageants of our King, affords thee a joyful journey; but this so far has scarcely been allotted to one in a thousand. By the fourth shall no man reach the place, because it is a consuming way [i.e., by fire], practicable only for incorruptible bodies.

"Gurdjieff and Ouspensky" both appeared in my life at just the right moment in time. Coincided with my first year(s) of seriously studying Bacon.

Synchronicity galore? LOL

😉

It's been a while, wouldn't mind revisiting some of those experiences. Funny how we learn, get distracted, forget, and need to learn again.

Even since being on this forum I am am seeing things I wrote that have been lost in the drawers of my mind! Time just flies, faster every minute...

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

• 7 months later...
On 2/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, Light-of-Truth said:

"Gurdjieff and Ouspensky" both appeared in my life at just the right moment in time. Coincided with my first year(s) of seriously studying Bacon.

Synchronicity galore? LOL

😉

It's been a while, wouldn't mind revisiting some of those experiences. Funny how we learn, get distracted, forget, and need to learn again.

Even since being on this forum I am am seeing things I wrote that have been lost in the drawers of my mind! Time just flies, faster every minute...

" lost in the drawers of my mind!" What a good title for a song!!!!

(sorry for any duplication)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Funny the lessons we learn and carry with us through life...

😉

For anyone who, like me, hasn't read it yet, here is a skilfully translated, copyright free PDF of "The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz".

https://39514839f4a6dc8a84ae-eaa972a576b84b28f1b3596cd9812f8f.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/chymical_wedding.pdf

Surely whoever wrote it was not only a great teacher of esotericism, but also the most lucid and visionary writer that I at least have ever read. And I've only read the first chapter!

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 3

Hi Eric, it is very curious that the name Rosenkrantz appears in Hamlet and that Christian Rosenkreutz (otherwise known as Christian Rose Cross) is the mythical or allegorical founder of the divine Rosicrucian Brotherhood who is central to the two Rosicrucian manisfestos Fama Fraternitatis (1614) and Confessio Fraternitatis (1615) and The Chemical Wedding (1616), a play, and three Rosicrucian documents, written by the Great One. The question is a good one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Verse from The Alchemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz, Fifth Day, p: 62-3 

I

Naught better is on earth                                                                                                                                                                                              Than lovely noble love                                                                                                                                                                                                 Whereby we be as God
And no one vexeth his neighbour.                                                                                                                                                                                         So let unto the king be sung
That all the sea shall sound.
We ask, and answer ye.

II

What hath to us life brought?                                                                                                                                                                                           ’Tis Love
Who hath brought grace again?                                                                                                                                                                                          ’
Tis Love
Whence are we born?
Of Love
How were we all forlorn?                                                                                                                                                                                                Without Love

III

Who hath us then begotten?                                                                                                                                                                                           Twas Love
Wherefore were we suckled?                                                                                                                                                                                           For Love
What owe we to our elders?                                                                                                                                                                                              
Tis Love
And why are they so patient?                                                                                                                                                                                            From Love

IV

What doth all things oercome?
Tis Love
Can we 
find Love as well?
Through Love
Where letteth a man good work appear?                                                                                                                                                                              In Love
Who can unite a twain?

Tis Love

V

So let us all sing                                                                                                                                                                                                                  That it resound                                                                                                                                                                                                                       To honour Love                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Which will increase                                                                                                                                                                                                             With our lord king and queen                                                                                                                                                                                        Their bodies are here, their souls are fled.

VI

And as we live                                                                                                                                                                                                            So shall God give                                                                                                                                                                                               Where love and grace                                                                                                                                                                                          Did sunder them                                                                                                                                                                                                     That we with flame of Love                                                                                                                                                                                      May haply join them up again.

VII

So shall this song                                                                                                                                                                                                       In greatest joy                                                                                                                                                                                                 Though thousand generations come                                                                                                                                                                Return into eternity.

(Anyone else think it reads a LOT like Shakespeare? IMO, it could be from any of the plays.)

Edited by Eric Roberts
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Roberts said:

Once again, my apologies for the eccentric line spacing - like a poem by e e cummings! What am I doing wrong, Webmaster? It looks fine before I submit, then goes whacko after posting...?

Sometimes I copy/paste from Word with mixed results. If I want it to look the way I intend, I might start in Word then copy/paste to Notepad and then copy/paste plain text into the post editor where I do my formatting here. Might sound like a pain, but for me it is less stress than trying to fix weird things. 🙂

• Thanks 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->