SHAKE-SPEARE FOLIOS

Just bought Donald Elfenbein's book, The Play That Solves the Shakespeare Authorship Mystery. Thanks for posting it in What's New. 

Google Books has extracts: https://books.google.com.au/books?id=56u6EAAAQBAJ&pg=PR3&lpg=PR3&dq="The+Play+That+Solves+the+Shakespeare+Authorship+Mystery" &source=bl&ots=IF0CMgwC4Z&sig=ACfU3U1yVorzWHYylZAeiUesyaASpcybeA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjzzN78u9r-AhV_cGwGHd2fB0gQ6AF6BAgJEAM#v=onepage&q="The Play That Solves the Shakespeare Authorship Mystery" &f=false

Using textual analysis to 'prove' Francis Bacon's authorship of the Shakespeare plays, concentrating on the play, The Tempest, Elfenbein's approach is original and sincere.

• Like 4

Hi Eric,

"... and once more for the Fourth Folio 62 years later"

Thank you Eric.🙏 This is something that is probably already known but thanks to your post I have just realised  that there is an interesting connection between the Folios :

A = 1 , B = 2, C = 3, F = 6

First Folio : 1623 # AFBC ---> F BAC or F. BACON

Second Folio : 1632 # AFCB ---> F BAC or F. BACON

Third Folio : 1663           1663 - 1623 = 40 or Four T  # T.T.T.T

Fourth Folio : 1685         1685 - 1623 = 62 # F.B. ( Francis Bacon)

1685 - 1632 = 53 = SWAN - POET - SOW

• Wow! 3

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

16 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Hi Eric,

"... and once more for the Fourth Folio 62 years later"

Thank you Eric.🙏 This is something that is probably already known but thanks to your post I have just realised  that there is an interesting connection between the Folios :

A = 1 , B = 2, C = 3, F = 6

First Folio : 1623 # AFBC ---> F BAC or F. BACON

Second Folio : 1632 # AFCB ---> F BAC or F. BACON

Third Folio : 1663           1663 - 1623 = 40 or Four T  # T.T.T.T

Fourth Folio : 1685         1685 - 1623 = 62 # F.B. ( Francis Bacon)

1685 - 1632 = 53 = SWAN - POET - SOW

53 is often enough suggested by those who like the Pythagorean 3:4:5 triangle suggestion, using its internal angle 53.13 degrees rounded off. It stems from the arccos of 3/5. Its compliment is given as 37 degrees because the pair sums to 90 degrees, as they must. Amundsen, for example, likes to send you looking on page 53 for triangles and such things. It is interesting that the cos (53.13...) is 0.6. That is reasonably approximate expression for the reciprocal of the golden mean (0.618). If you constructed something using 53 degrees (on the flat) you would be producing a construct in which there would be something in it that was closely relatable to Phi. In three dimensions that is more like the 51.82 degrees seen in the Great Pyramid side angle. The sin(53) is approximately 0.80. The two numbers (which are ratios) are ones we can express as fractions 60/100 and 80/100. 60 and 80 are 100 + 40. We can see how 53 can be made to be a good angle to evoke the 40,60,80 triple and a relation to 100 which Bacon may have indeed seen himself as having (67+33). In fact we should probably include 20 in there so we have 1:2:3:4 in which we can discern the fundamental quaternary with which you can construct all of reality from the tetractys in the Greek sense. It makes 20 (twen=twin  T or TT) be fundamental and a signpost/symbol for the 1 (the monad). It allows one to then imagine why it might be that an asterism like the Summer triangle with internal angles of 40, 60 and 80 might contain the symbol of the heavenly cross of crucifixion atop it. That this cross is found in the body of the swan leads one to a new avenue of suggestion and syllogism. That a new star appeared in the swan at the interaction of the cross in 1600 when someone like Giordano Bruno was executed is enough to send wild imaginations to the races. Everything appears to have a cozy relationship to everything else. In the path of Deneb in Cygnus is found the myth of the charioteer which is parallel to the ancient Jewish story of the ascension of the winged chariot (Paul's alleged experienced revelation). It is all so useful to a storyteller.  Can one use this as the basis for a new mythology? Most certainly. It is highly likely that someone did. In fact, it is almost certain that someone did. Why do it, though? What is to be gained? Why strengthen this sort of syllogism? If Bacon was so taken by the need of an edifice of science why would he be invested in such a storytelling? Is it to draw you towards the practice of observation in nature and to also suggest that all Gods (not just the Christian God) can be found there? Are we being cajoled into being scientists with the idea that it can be useful to one's ideologies? Might that make science look less heretical? We know that these things figure in Rosicrucian symbolism.  I am intrigued by the fact that Rosicrucianism was a voice of positivism while much of Reformed Christianity had taken on the voice of the prophets of doom and was caught up in wars to the last man. The use of the period of 1000 years ahead for Christ's reign was used as a way to push us in the direction of not thinking we were seeing the signs of the end of the world all around us. There are ten centuries in Bacon's Sylva Sylvarum to describe his attempt at science for a reason. We were going into the enlightened second part of a 2000 year story that was part of an astronomical age of that duration (out of the age of Pisces). We can therefore see that he was on to a Ptolemaic idea about the great cycle and its divisions. He seems to have fit the Christian story in an astronomical story. Might that explain why he was also so steadfast in wanting to keep the Ptolemaic cosmological view? It is interesting to see how far we can go with number to find parallels that are usable.

• Wow! 1

3 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Amundsen, for example, likes to send you looking on page 53 for triangles and such things.

The number 53 is a curious cipher number. You know, pages misnumbered, other visual clues and messages. 53 is a "thing", no matter how you believe. For we cipher folks 53 is a biggie.

In fact, right now we are in the middle of Sonnet 53:

http://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line0734

image.png.7069026d59eb46898d738aed32dfc761.png

CJ, "RoyalCraftiness", you as the "prankster" you claim to be, likely knows we are in Sonnet 53. I think I mentioned it in another thread last night. I may have or may not have posted whatever I was writing a few lines ago, but you would be one to know and tease me with the number 53 today.

Or not. You do also claim to be very rigid and one who filters out crazy connections. 😉

4 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

If Bacon was so taken by the need of an edifice of science why would he be invested in such a storytelling? Is it to draw you towards the practice of observation in nature and to also suggest that all Gods (not just the Christian God) can be found there? Are we being cajoled into being scientists with the idea that it can be useful to one's ideologies?

The Key to Happinesse is different for everyone. Harmony and Peace in the world is a valid goal. Maybe Bacon knew a proven recipe for a perfect society?

• Like 2

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

12 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

The number 53 is a curious cipher number. You know, pages misnumbered, other visual clues and messages. 53 is a "thing", no matter how you believe. For we cipher folks 53 is a biggie.

In fact, right now we are in the middle of Sonnet 53:

http://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line0734

image.png.7069026d59eb46898d738aed32dfc761.png

CJ, "RoyalCraftiness", you as the "prankster" you claim to be, likely knows we are in Sonnet 53. I think I mentioned it in another thread last night. I may have or may not have posted whatever I was writing a few lines ago, but you would be one to know and tease me with the number 53 today.

Or not. You do also claim to be very rigid and one who filters out crazy connections. 😉

The Key to Happinesse is different for everyone. Harmony and Peace in the world is a valid goal. Maybe Bacon knew a proven recipe for a perfect society?

I think he understood that the solution was going to have to be political and the New World held a lot of promise. 

• Thanks 1

Would you say that 100 and 53 are "biggies"? Do you mind if I suggest 100+53 is special for its use in the Bible in relation to the number of fish caught in a famous miraculous act? What is miraculous about 153? It is also a number associated with the Vesica Pisces (unclear to me why at first glance) which visually appears like a fish when viewed sideways if one includes a protruding tail.  Archimedes called 153/265 the number of the fish before there was as even a Bible. That ratio is equal to the Tan(30). 30 degrees is not without significance in its relation to 60 degrees and the internal angles of the equilateral triangle found within one half of the Vesica. What's the fascination with 153 and fish in the age of Pisces? What's the 265th day in the calendar? Is that not the Fall equinox? Why was Enoch's impenetrable vault placed at 153 feet of depth in the story?  153 is a triangular number, so you can make a pyramid out of it using dots if you wanted to extend the Tetractys to 153 dots. It seems to suggest a relation to three.

There are some truly odd things with 153. If you take any number divisible by three and break it down to its constituting numbers (for example 24 becomes 2 and 4) you can sum the cubes (powers of three) of those numbers and repeat the process with the new number until it will eventually necessarily end with 153, because 153 is the sum of the cubes of its constituting numbers. Many paths of this algorithm lead to 1080 before one ends with 1^3 + 0^3 + 8^3 + 0^3=513. 513 then yields 153. 1080 is the number of the Vesica Piscis. It is also 6 times 180. Six equilateral triangles placed edge to edge return to the same starting point which is the center of a circle. The total sum of the angles in the 6 triangles is 1080 degrees. Someone apparently noticed all these coincidences and saw something quite miraculous in it. But why would it make its way into a religious story also involving the primacy of three? 

The right side of the pyramid of 153 dots sums to 969 which is divisible by three (=323). 323 is a number which is the sum of 3^2 consecutive primes that end with 53. That should be enough of 53 for now.

• Wow! 1

153 just moved up a few notches in my list! LOL

Hey, 153 has already been near the upper Tier of my number list.

Line 153 is the Sonnets is the 13th and second to last line of Sonnet 11, which of course is the final Sonnet of the 1st Tier. There are 11 Sonnets in each Tier, in the main 14 Tiered Pyramid I describe, the most perfect one.

Here are Lines 13 (Line 153 of the Sonnets) and 14 the last two lines of Sonnet 11, the last Sonnet of the 1st Tier ending on Day 26:

http://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Sonnet011

She caru'd thee for her seale,and ment therby,
Thou shouldst print more,not let that coppy die.

My current belief:

This subtle hint is Bacon sharing with us how he, William Tudor, was carved out to be Elizabeth's Seal, which was 157 and 287. Designed by Dee, in my belief.

But WILLIAM TUDOR does not add up to 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher. However, if Bacon was to have a son, who would be the second William Tudor, then our Bacon would be WILLIAM TUDOR I which does add up to 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher.

Coincidence if we add up the first letters of Sonnet 11, "AIATHWIALHLWST", we have 157 Simple cipher.

By the way, WILLIAM TUDOR without the I adds up to 149 Simple cipher, the same as ONE FIFTY THREE.

http://www.light-of-truth.com/ciphers.html

image.png.870bcf46d4d6c890242d65300b75a380.png

Should I go into Sonnet 153 that begins on Day 360? 😉

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

1 hour ago, Light-of-Truth said:

153 just moved up a few notches in my list! LOL

Hey, 153 has already been near the upper Tier of my number list.

Line 153 is the Sonnets is the 13th and second to last line of Sonnet 11, which of course is the final Sonnet of the 1st Tier. There are 11 Sonnets in each Tier, in the main 14 Tiered Pyramid I describe, the most perfect one.

Here are Lines 13 (Line 153 of the Sonnets) and 14 the last two lines of Sonnet 11, the last Sonnet of the 1st Tier ending on Day 26:

http://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Sonnet011

She caru'd thee for her seale,and ment therby,
Thou shouldst print more,not let that coppy die.

My current belief:

This subtle hint is Bacon sharing with us how he, William Tudor, was carved out to be Elizabeth's Seal, which was 157 and 287. Designed by Dee, in my belief.

But WILLIAM TUDOR does not add up to 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher. However, if Bacon was to have a son, who would be the second William Tudor, then our Bacon would be WILLIAM TUDOR I which does add up to 157 Simple and 287 Kaye cipher.

Coincidence if we add up the first letters of Sonnet 11, "AIATHWIALHLWST", we have 157 Simple cipher.

By the way, WILLIAM TUDOR without the I adds up to 149 Simple cipher, the same as ONE FIFTY THREE.

http://www.light-of-truth.com/ciphers.html

image.png.870bcf46d4d6c890242d65300b75a380.png

Should I go into Sonnet 153 that begins on Day 360? 😉

I noticed that 153 of 154 was on your day 360. That's an interesting coincidence that once again gets us to a circle suggestion. No one truly knows why there is this preference for the number 153, but I suspect it has to do with the older cults of number and the ancient study of 3 and triangular numbers. As with composition in art, the positions that produce the most interesting points of coincidence tend to be the places used to anchor an image.   Numbers have visual representations too. 153, when you first encounter it, seems like such an odd number to use as a symbol.

The pyramid of 153 dots has 17 levels. 153 is the 17th triangular number. 153 is divisible by 17, 3 and 51. 3x51=153 uses the same numbers on both side of the equal sign. On the other corner of the pyramid bottom using 153 dots is the number 137. 100+53 and 100+37 involve the same two numbers that are found in the corners of the 3:4:5 triangle as integer angle approximations 53, 37.

The sum of the first 4 factorials is 33 The sum of the first 5 factorials is 153. The difference is 4x5=20 (TT). The approximate length of the precession cycle,  25700 years, can be expressed as 153 x 4 x 42 where we can recover Lewis Carroll's pet number 42 which is he number of the assessors of the dead in the Egyptian afterlife. I'd sure like to know how they came up with that number to tie it to one's judgment. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

9 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

The pyramid of 153 dots has 17 levels. 153 is the 17th triangular number. 153 is divisible by 17, 3 and 51.

Going to bed with the above in my brain. I always love learning a new trick, and now 153 has some more magic I never knew.

Yea, I know, Simple math.

Here are a couple lines from Day 153, just for fun:

http://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Day153

O fearefull meditation, where alack,
Shall times best Iewell from times chest lie hid?

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

4 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Can I suggest that WILLIAM TUDOR = FRANCIS BACON - WIT(WTI) ? 😊 

• Like 1

A great explanation of the mathematical and theological/spiritual properties of number 153 is given by Evagrius Ponticus, a Christian monk from the 4th century A.D., in his book « On prayer », a discourse on prayer that he had divided into one hundred and fifty-three texts, and he explains us why.

« I have divided this discourse on prayer into one hundred and fifty-three texts. In this way I send you an evangelical feast, so that you may delight in a symbolical number that combines a triangular with a hexagonal figure. The triangle indicates spiritual knowledge of the Trinity, the hexagon indicates the ordered creation of the world in six days. The number one hundred is square, while the number fifty-three is triangular and spherical; for twenty-eight is triangular, and twenty-five is spherical, five times five being twenty-five. In this way, you have a square figure to express the fourfold nature of the virtues, and also a spherical number, twenty-five, which by form represents the cyclic movement of time and so indicates true knowledge of this present age. For week follows week and month follows month, and time revolves from year to year, and season follows season, as we see from the movement of the sun and moon, of spring and summer, and so on. The triangle can signify knowledge of the Holy Trinity. Or you can regard the total sum, one hundred and fifty-three, as triangular and so signifying respectively the practice of the virtues, contemplation of the divine in nature, and theology or spiritual knowledge of God; faith, hope and love (cf. 1 Cor. 13:13); or gold, silver and precious stones (cf. 1 Cor. 3:12). So much, then, for this number. »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evagrius_Ponticus

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

5 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

A great explanation of the mathematical and theological/spiritual properties of number 153 is given by Evagrius Ponticus, a Christian monk from the 4th century A.D., in his book « On prayer », a discourse on prayer that he had divided into one hundred and fifty-three texts, and he explains us why.

« I have divided this discourse on prayer into one hundred and fifty-three texts. In this way I send you an evangelical feast, so that you may delight in a symbolical number that combines a triangular with a hexagonal figure. The triangle indicates spiritual knowledge of the Trinity, the hexagon indicates the ordered creation of the world in six days. The number one hundred is square, while the number fifty-three is triangular and spherical; for twenty-eight is triangular, and twenty-five is spherical, five times five being twenty-five. In this way, you have a square figure to express the fourfold nature of the virtues, and also a spherical number, twenty-five, which by form represents the cyclic movement of time and so indicates true knowledge of this present age. For week follows week and month follows month, and time revolves from year to year, and season follows season, as we see from the movement of the sun and moon, of spring and summer, and so on. The triangle can signify knowledge of the Holy Trinity. Or you can regard the total sum, one hundred and fifty-three, as triangular and so signifying respectively the practice of the virtues, contemplation of the divine in nature, and theology or spiritual knowledge of God; faith, hope and love (cf. 1 Cor. 13:13); or gold, silver and precious stones (cf. 1 Cor. 3:12). So much, then, for this number. »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evagrius_Ponticus

I did see there was a reference to this individual. That's an attempt at an explanation from the consideration of the figurative representation of numbers, and that is what I suspected was driving the ancient (pre Biblical) interest in the oddity of this number. I would hesitate to look to the Biblical context for a reason since it was written using already established symbolism.  That being said, there's no shortage of numbers one could come up with that could also be useful this way. One would think that there ought to be some specific reason why 153 would stick out and find its own niche outside of Christianity. The explanation here does speak of week of 6 days. 42, which one can factor out of 153 division of the precession cycle is 6x7, and that uses 7 which we might think to use for a week. 6+7=13 and that can be interesting as 13 positions yielding 12 intervals (think zodiac, music intervals, months...). This may seem odd as a way to think of numbers but it is not unlike what we see in the Sonnets dedication where there is a possible suggestion of 72 and the tetragrammaton which is represented with word triangles  made up of words that number the squares of 8 and 9. 

What I do like about this explanation is that it breaks down 153 into 100+53. If this was not just his way of considering numbers, but a recognized preexisting method to parse and chose significance in numbers that seeks to find coincidences in numbers treated additively then that would be nice to know. 

"The hexagon indicates the ordered creation of the word in six days" is an poorly inspired attempt at finding a link to the primacy of 6 in the creation story if you ask me (because of the existence of the seventh day). What we do know of 6 is that it first stood out because of the fact 6 equal triangles complete a cycle around a point. In fact we have Babylonian clay records of it. Whatever importance one wants to give to the circle representing a cycle, there is within it 6 equal triangular division around a center. This was reflected in the main pantheon of Sumerian Gods which numbered 6, with each representing a decad, so understood in terms of 60 which was their basis for numbering (the sexagesimal system). The preference for 60 degrees in a division of six around a circle explains why we would have fixed the number of degrees in a circle to 360 as opposed to anything else. The fourth decad, represented by 40, was Enki's and he was the popular "Good Lord of the Earth" who managed to be kept by other cultures in he Land of Canaan as religions evolved towards monotheism.

Not to be too harsh on this fellow, I detect a desire to want to explain things with the details of the Bible stories. Yes, there is a link to a trinity, but why is there even a Trinity in the Bible story? This preference/reverence for 3 predates Christianity, surely. 3 represents the first relationship between points that is not a duality. It is the first polygon. If one is all (beginning and end) and 2 is a duality of good versus evil (inspiration taken from Zoroastrianism where this is central?) then 3 is that first relationship that comes and mediates between the dialecic that is at odds. In the Hegelian sense 3 allows for synthesis or some sort of resolution that allows stability in such a way that the polarity does not just negate itself. On a purely abstract level one can see how this conceptualization may have appeared. If one calls this the "Holy Spirit" then one is hinting that there is a force of realization in our reality that allows us to reason enough to not turn every duality into a fight to the death. Nature might come to a fundamental symbiosis this way.  When we posses this thing represented by three we are working to find common ground, or seeking the middle way. Without it we are doomed to grind it out and not build outwardly.

I'm not giving up on 153. I do think this fellow is right in one aspect. The fact that 153 is a triangular and hexagonal number Polygonal number - Wikipedia is significant enough to want to highlight it. Working it into a symbol of the fish may require that we use the two overlapping triangles in the Vesica Piscis to visualize a hexagon which we can represent as a Star of David. It is beyond elegant that 1080 would come out of it. That's 108 x 10 and 108 is the perimeter of the perfect square stone ashlar that has sides of 27 units in length. 27 being 3^3. Squaring a circle, while not possible geometrically, can be symbolized with 108 by using 4 times the square of 3. That just goes to show how important figurative considerations were in thinking about number syllogisms. That is why I feel it is wise to go and read Iamblichus' "Theology of Arithmetic" to begin to approach Alchemy and an idea of God as a geometric architect of the Universe which Bacon seemed to be fan of. 

154 is a nonagonal number, if that is of interest.  It would have been quite nice if 153 had captured triangular, hexagonal and nonagonal numbers. To fit 154 in a pyramid one must fudge things ever so slightly by adding an additional dot to the top of the pyramid.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

An interesting way to think of the figurative geometry and its accompanying iconography is to see it as that as wisdom that is travelling through time which is pointing us back to the original realizations, or conceptualizations, about number which have stemmed from natural observation. It is apparent to me that even Christianity could not escape using or borrowing it, because it "fished" from an existing well established religious iconography that was using it. Where it veers off suddenly is in the explanations which tend to be reimagined in an evolving metaphysical language. For most of the life of the Church of Rome there have been warnings about not succumbing to the lure of the "cult of Nature". I think it is useful to think of the early scientific minds like Bacon as men who were in fact very interested in the cult of Nature and who were not at all convinced that it had nothing to do with the nature of the God concept. It is the esoteric that offered traditions based in number which had geometrical significance that stood out as part of our "forgotten" or "suppressed" inheritances.

It is incredibly interesting how the idea of God took a turn towards a focus on the stars/Sun, heliocentrism an even a metaphysical reimagination of Sun by German mystics like Boehme in Bacon's day. It's in the Bacon imagery. The geometric constructions that inform the composition are discernable in his "swan song" and are adorned with a Sun labelled by the Tetragrammaton because that is a new avenue of thought that is revisiting the old.

It is with the idea of the Sun's light/emanations that the Egyptians came to establish their cult of the Aten in the 18th dynasty, and I suppose it is not surprising that that very primitive observations about light also started to influence the detail of stories. The number of rays portrayed emanating from the Sun disk is 14, for example. There is probably a likely source here for the appearance of the number 42 which we see used by the Egyptians. The number appears unrelated to light, but it is in fact quite important to one light phenomena--the appearance of rainbows. If we want to be clever we could refer to a rainbow as a Holy Royal Arch depicting the holiness of the unit of 7 (and there are 6 sevens in 42). Because of the natural diffractional and reflexional properties of light beams through water droplets the angle formed from Sun to the top of the rainbow is 42 degrees. That is to say when you see a rainbow even today there is necessarily a Sun above and behind you and an angle of 42 degrees there.  It is the Egyptians who are credited with having "invented" the concept of angle as we know it.  They were measurers of celestial angles (declinations, azimuths and such), and these measures figured in the placement of temple sites and in the construction of pyramids originally (see the Temple of Djoser by Imhotep, he who will later morph into a Hermes figure in late dynasty Egyptian religion). 

Here's a relatively simple discussion of it which shows the phenomena: Rainbows are (literally) in the eye of the beholder | Popular Science (popsci.com)

It may very well be that the fact there are 14 rays depicted is an attempt to employ a third division of 42 in such a way that the emanation from the solar disc represents one third of a trinity (that part that comes down to us and is life giving). Call it the Holy Spirit if you want. The number of assessors of the dead may be a reference to the 42 total rays that one might imagine are a feature of the whole. This is also quite close to a Platonic idea of the size of what is seen "under the Sun" by our senses and of the corresponding things that are under the "divine luminosity" which are available to our minds. Plato parses out that fraction with his divided line allegory. In Bacon's name there is also that suggestion of 1/3 and 2/3 with 33 and 67. Were one to apply it on a globe it would lead us to preferential 100 degrees of longitude divided in 33.3 and 66.6 degree parts.  It is something we can begin to show he was toiling with, imo, and it meshes with the Great circle Tudor considerations that were in vogue.

In a previous comment in another thread I mentioned the etymology of the word Christos as being one that is likely tied to the ancient Greek root Khrysos which is related to emanations of golden light. We can see evidence of this in the mention of a holy "mineral" mentioned in the Bible which is Chrysolite (a mineral well appreciated for its light show). There are many commenters out there who will seek to define the etymology of words using the Bible and its equivalence to Jewish stories, but it would appear that this is once again an attempt made by some to want to interpret everything from a source they view as primary. If one is limited to chasing back things only to the Bible then one will not get the full picture of much of anything. Our ideas are much older than that. As with the use of numbers taken from older cults of number and other places, we see the same type of borrowing, IMO. 

Anyway, There are many things that suggest that figurative number representations mattered in religious iconography. The Great pyramid, for example, has 210 courses, or levels. This is a triangular number. It is the 20th triangular number (TT). You will notice that 3x20=60. We ought to also be cognizant that in figurative geometry used to visualize a square based pyramid that the 4th pyramidal number is 30. There is something in all this that captures 30, 60, 90, 120 and 180 which important divisions in a circle. It would appear that a very rudimentary effort was made to make sure figurate numbers were depicted. The Kings chamber in the Great pyramid sits on the 51st course of stone. 51 is the 11th pentagonal number and it also figures as the base angle for the triangular face of the pyramid. it also happens to be 1/3 of 153 which has started us off wondering why it may have some relevance. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

An interesting way to think of the figurative geometry and its accompanying iconography is to see it as that as wisdom that is travelling through time which is pointing us back to the original realizations, or conceptualizations, about number which have stemmed from natural observation. It is apparent to me that even Christianity could not escape using or borrowing it, because it "fished" from an existing well established religious iconography that was using it. Where it veers off suddenly is in the explanations which tend to be reimagined in an evolving metaphysical language. For most of the life of the Church of Rome there have been warnings about not succumbing to the lure of the "cult of Nature". I think it is useful to think of the early scientific minds like Bacon as men who were in fact very interested in the cult of Nature and who were not at all convinced that it had nothing to do with the nature of the God concept. It is the esoteric that offered traditions based in number which had geometrical significance that stood out as part of our "forgotten" or "suppressed" inheritances.

It is incredibly interesting how the idea of God took a turn towards a focus on the stars/Sun, heliocentrism an even a metaphysical reimagination of Sun by German mystics like Boehme in Bacon's day. It's in the Bacon imagery. The geometric constructions that inform the composition are discernable in his "swan song" and are adorned with a Sun labelled by the Tetragrammaton because that is a new avenue of thought that is revisiting the old.

It is with the idea of the Sun's light/emanations that the Egyptians came to establish their cult of the Aten in the 18th dynasty, and I suppose it is not surprising that that very primitive observations about light also started to influence the detail of stories. The number of rays portrayed emanating from the Sun disk is 14, for example. There is probably a likely source here for the appearance of the number 42 which we see used by the Egyptians. The number appears unrelated to light, but it is in fact quite important to one light phenomena--the appearance of rainbows. If we want to be clever we could refer to a rainbow as a Holy Royal Arch depicting the holiness of the unit of 7 (and there are 6 sevens in 42). Because of the natural diffractional and reflexional properties of light beams through water droplets the angle formed from Sun to the top of the rainbow is 42 degrees. That is to say when you see a rainbow even today there is necessarily a Sun above and behind you and an angle of 42 degrees there.  It is the Egyptians who are credited with having "invented" the concept of angle as we know it.  They were measurers of celestial angles (declinations, azimuths and such), and these measures figured in the placement of temple sites and in the construction of pyramids originally (see the Temple of Djoser by Imhotep, he who will later morph into a Hermes figure in late dynasty Egyptian religion). 

Here's a relatively simple discussion of it which shows the phenomena: Rainbows are (literally) in the eye of the beholder | Popular Science (popsci.com)

It may very well be that the fact there are 14 rays depicted is an attempt to employ a third division of 42 in such a way that the emanation from the solar disc represents one third of a trinity (that part that comes down to us and is life giving). Call it the Holy Spirit if you want. The number of assessors of the dead may be a reference to the 42 total rays that one might imagine are a feature of the whole. This is also quite close to a Platonic idea of the size of what is seen "under the Sun" by our senses and of the corresponding things that are under the "divine luminosity" which are available to our minds. Plato parses out that fraction with his divided line allegory. In Bacon's name there is also that suggestion of 1/3 and 2/3 with 33 and 67. Were one to apply it on a globe it would lead us to preferential 100 degrees of longitude divided in 33.3 and 66.6 degree parts.  It is something we can begin to show he was toiling with, imo, and it meshes with the Great circle Tudor considerations that were in vogue.

In a previous comment in another thread I mentioned the etymology of the word Christos as being one that is likely tied to the ancient Greek root Khrysos which is related to emanations of golden light. We can see evidence of this in the mention of a holy "mineral" mentioned in the Bible which is Chrysolite (a mineral well appreciated for its light show). There are many commenters out there who will seek to define the etymology of words using the Bible and its equivalence to Jewish stories, but it would appear that this is once again an attempt made by some to want to interpret everything from a source they view as primary. If one is limited to chasing back things only to the Bible then one will not get the full picture of much of anything. Our ideas are much older than that. As with the use of numbers taken from older cults of number and other places, we see the same type of borrowing, IMO. 

Anyway, There are many things that suggest that figurative number representations mattered in religious iconography. The Great pyramid, for example, has 210 courses, or levels. This is a triangular number. It is the 20th triangular number (TT). You will notice that 3x20=60. We ought to also be cognizant that in figurative geometry used to visualize a square based pyramid that the 4th pyramidal number is 30. There is something in all this that captures 30, 60, 90, 120 and 180 which important divisions in a circle. It would appear that a very rudimentary effort was made to make sure figurate numbers were depicted. The Kings chamber in the Great pyramid sits on the 51st course of stone. 51 is the 11th pentagonal number and it also figures as the base angle for the triangular face of the pyramid. it also happens to be 1/3 of 153 which has started us off wondering why it may have some relevance. 

Hope you are writing some books. Website? Social media?

Love you contributing to the B'Hive, in line with out Baconian boundaries, but I am seeing you sharing an important Western Esoteric teaser for anyone/everyone who is interested to learn more. Even more than Bacon obviously.

I now know one can achieve a college degree studying this. If I were younger, single, eager and free to explore, I'd want to study. I want to even now with no time and my mind starting to feel older. LOL

You said, "There is probably a likely source here for the appearance of the number 42 which we see used by the Egyptians. The number appears unrelated to light, but it is in fact quite important to one light phenomena--the appearance of rainbows."

I was just outside with some unexpected light rain, like less than 10% chance, with the sun shining from the west. We are in a drought, so any "sky water" is welcome treat.

I put on my straw yard hat and went back in my yard in this rain to see if we had a rainbow, already knowing. Yes, a big bright rainbow in the eastern sky where you'd never expect one by the weather forecast. LOL

42 + 42 + 42 is 126.

126 is a number I know, but am not one to teach very well not even aware of what I know. I am sure 126 is Key. It is the only Sonnet in the collection that has 157 Simple and 287 Kaye ciphers. It is using the modern 26 letter codes, yet is the only 157/287 Sonnet with either codes. It is one of two that are not 14 lines.

14 lines in the Sonnets (except 99 and 126), 14 times 11 Sonnets in every tier of the 14 Tiered Pyramid, or you can do a less perfect 11 tiers of 14 Sonnets. Either way you have 154 lines which is the number of Sonnets we have. 26 is the other Key. 14 x 26 is 364.

Whatever. LOL

BTW, I got this, "51 is the 11th pentagonal number..." 😉

Side note:

Every time I saw that crown on TV or on the internet today, I saw it on Francis Bacon. Every time. That crown is for the King of England, and it is the crown I see on William Tudor, or Francis Bacon. Or William Shakespeare...

• Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

56 minutes ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Hope you are writing some books. Website? Social media?

Love you contributing to the B'Hive, in line with out Baconian boundaries, but I am seeing you sharing an important Western Esoteric teaser for anyone/everyone who is interested to learn more. Even more than Bacon obviously.

I now know one can achieve a college degree studying this. If I were younger, single, eager and free to explore, I'd want to study. I want to even now with no time and my mind starting to feel older. LOL

You said, "There is probably a likely source here for the appearance of the number 42 which we see used by the Egyptians. The number appears unrelated to light, but it is in fact quite important to one light phenomena--the appearance of rainbows."

I was just outside with some unexpected light rain, like less than 10% chance, with the sun shining from the west. We are in a drought, so any "sky water" is welcome treat.

I put on my straw yard hat and went back in my yard in this rain to see if we had a rainbow, already knowing. Yes, a big bright rainbow in the eastern sky where you'd never expect one by the weather forecast. LOL

42 + 42 + 42 is 126.

126 is a number I know, but am not one to teach very well not even aware of what I know. I am sure 126 is Key. It is the only Sonnet in the collection that has 157 Simple and 287 Kaye ciphers. It is using the modern 26 letter codes, yet is the only 157/287 Sonnet with either codes. It is one of two that are not 14 lines.

14 lines in the Sonnets (except 99 and 126), 14 times 11 Sonnets in every tier of the 14 Tiered Pyramid, or you can do a less perfect 11 tiers of 14 Sonnets. Either way you have 154 lines which is the number of Sonnets we have. 26 is the other Key. 14 x 26 is 364.

Whatever. LOL

BTW, I got this, "51 is the 11th pentagonal number..." 😉

Side note:

Every time I saw that crown on TV or on the internet today, I saw it on Francis Bacon. Every time. That crown is for the King of England, and it is the crown I see on William Tudor, or Francis Bacon. Or William Shakespeare...

Well played. 126th day is May 6 which is today. Good to see you are checking for possible calendar references.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

46 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Well played. 126th day is May 6 which is today. Good to see you are checking for possible calendar references.

Coronation Day, for whatever that is worth.

CJ, I've been enjoying a very magical day, I missed it was Day 126. How ironic you reminded me!

I meant to look, but woke up running with work then went outside to play in the dirt!

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

11 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Great article.

This quote gets me:

A few lucky humans are born with an extra cone cell that seems to allow them to see more colors within the visible spectrum. It’s hard to talk about these colors because we literally don’t have names for them, but we think some other animals like mantis shrimps can also see more colors within the rainbow.

I don't know that I was born with an extra cone or not, but on a few occasions enjoying colors that are not what we typically see every day, I consider myself one of a lucky few humans. 🙂

My rainbow today:

image.png.a91f8280ba9cfa58d4aef2ffbd13a47e.png

• Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Great article.

This quote gets me:

A few lucky humans are born with an extra cone cell that seems to allow them to see more colors within the visible spectrum. It’s hard to talk about these colors because we literally don’t have names for them, but we think some other animals like mantis shrimps can also see more colors within the rainbow.

I don't know that I was born with an extra cone or not, but on a few occasions enjoying colors that are not what we typically see every day, I consider myself one of a lucky few humans. 🙂

My rainbow today:

image.png.a91f8280ba9cfa58d4aef2ffbd13a47e.png

Holy Royal Arches Batman!  I did not know you lived in paradise. Now you know that 42 is a necessary part of it. I cut the lawn for the first time this year last night. The gardens are just going in now for the things that can still stand the cold. Our frost date here is something like May 28th.  For a good chunk of the year we don't need any more cones than are necessary to see white or shades of pale yellow.  Over there it would appear that seeing shades of green would be useful. 

It is interesting that the physiological parts of us that are used to deal with light are cones since it is with cones that we can demonstrate, with a rotating series of cuts, the circle, ellipse and  parabola.  Also interesting is that we have three light colored cones. So, there is much to think of about light in the natural world that would remind of us of the baseness of three.

In an attempt to rescue 154 for you, I did notice that 153 and 154 form what is known as a Ruth-Aaron number pair (named for the baseball players). Ruth-Aaron pairs are unique in that they are consecutive and have all their factors which are primes sum to the same number. For 153 those are 3,17. For 154 those are 2,7,11. They both sum to 20 (TT). They are the 6th Ruth-Aaron pair. 154 is the 7th nonagonal number. 6x7=42, just for fun.

Edited by RoyalCraftiness
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Light-of-Truth said:

Coronation Day, for whatever that is worth.

CJ, I've been enjoying a very magical day, I missed it was Day 126. How ironic you reminded me!

I meant to look, but woke up running with work then went outside to play in the dirt!

May 6th is a day in the Eastern Orthodox calendar which relates to Saint George's day (patron Saint of England). I wonder if that has anything to do with the coronation date. Saint George's day is April 23rd in the Anglican/Lutheran calendar. It is also the day on which William Shakespeare died in 1616. 16 x16=256 (16 squared, or 4 squared squared). This makes it a "perfect square". Is King Charles a perfect square?  Interestingly, in an 24 bit color computer system, 256 channels are attributed to each of the three colors red, green and blue. The world is full of coincidences isn't it? It is hard to know if any of this serves any purpose or if coincidence is just a feature of the architecture in a complex world. Chaos lends itself to repeating patterns even on the largest scales.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

May 6th is a day in the Eastern Orthodox calendar which relates to Saint George's day (patron Saint of England). I wonder if that has anything to do with the coronation date. Saint George's day is April 23rd in the Anglican/Lutheran calendar. It is also the day on which William Shakespeare died in 1616. 16 x16=256 (16 squared, or 4 squared squared). This makes it a "perfect square". Is King Charles a perfect square?  Interestingly, in an 24 bit color computer system, 256 channels are attributed to each of the three colors red, green and blue. The world is full of coincidences isn't it? It is hard to know if any of this serves any purpose or if coincidence is just a feature of the architecture in a complex world. Chaos lends itself to repeating patterns even on the largest scales.

Hmmmmm, I just noticed that the previous post mentioning 256 is my 256th post.  That, I must admit, is a potential glitch in the Matrix.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RoyalCraftiness said:

Holy Royal Arches Batman!  I did not know you lived in paradise. Now you know that 42 is a necessary part of it. I cut the lawn for the first time this year last night. The gardens are just going in now for the things that can still stand the cold. Our frost date here is something like May 28th.  For a good chunk of the year we don't need any more cones than are necessary to see white or shades of pale yellow.  Over there it would appear that seeing shades of green would be useful. 

It is interesting that the physiological parts of us that are used to deal with light are cones since it is with cones that we can demonstrate, with a rotating series of cuts, the circle, ellipse and  parabola.  Also interesting is that we have three light colored cones. So, there is much to think of about light in the natural world that would remind of us of the baseness of three.

In an attempt to rescue 154 for you, I did notice that 153 and 154 form what is known as a Ruth-Aaron number pair (named for the baseball players). Ruth-Aaron pairs are unique in that they are consecutive and have all their factors which are primes sum to the same number. For 153 those are 3,17. For 154 those are 2,7,11. They both sum to 20 (TT). They are the 6th Ruth-Aaron pair. 154 is the 7th nonagonal number. 6x7=42, just for fun.

Hi CJ,

Here is something that might interest you. This is a small part of the unfinished story that I began to write 6 years ago, the one that led me to Shakespeare's Work .

Thanks to my Oracle I believe having found one of the reasons which explains why the sonnets 153 and 154 talk about Cupid ... a mathematical reason.

It is just a theory but I think that the answer lies in another triangular number : 21 (Associated with "The World" Tarot card).

Do you remember the number of the Tarot card « The Lovers » in which appeared Cupid ? Number 6 !

The theosophical addition of 6, as explained by Velasco in my vision, is 1+2+3+4+5+6 = 21.

Therefore, 21 is the 6th triangular number.

You will probably wonder what is the relation between 21 and 153 ( Other than the appearance of number 153 in Chapter 21 of John's Gospel) .

The answer lies in the prime numbers.

Nowadays, a prime number is a natural number which is greater than 1 and cannot be written as a product of two natural numbers that are both smaller than it.

The prime numbers of 153 are 3 and 17. Indeed 153 = 3 x 3 x 17.

The prime numbers of 154 are 2, 7 and 11. Indeed 154 = 2 x 7 x 11

The interesting fact is that the numbers 153 and 154 are what we call a Ruth-Aaron pair, which means two consecutive integers for which the sums of the prime factors are equal. Indeed, the sum of the prime factors of 153 is 3 + 17 = 20 and the sum of the prime factors of 154 is 2+7+11 = 20.

You will tell me that 20 is not 21 !

In fact, if nowadays 1 is not considered like a prime number, it was not the case at the time of  Francis Bacon.

« By the Middle Ages and Renaissance mathematicians began treating 1 as a number, and some of them included it as the first prime number. In the mid-18th century Christian Goldbach listed 1 as prime in his correspondence with Leonhard Euler; however, Euler himself did not consider 1 to be prime. In the 19th century many mathematicians still considered 1 to be prime, and lists of primes that included 1 continued to be published as recently as 1956.» Wikipedia

Now, considering 1 as a prime number and a prime factor of both 153 and 154, the sum of their prime factors is : 21 !

And 21 like 153 « can signifie knowledge of the Holy Trinity » because they are triangular numbers but also because : 2 + 1  = 3

And what a better representation of this union (Alchemical, Physical or Spiritual) than the famous Vesica Pisces.

image.png.61f3186e912fd71ed154cc89cdb5e2dc.png

It's not coincidental if the number 153 was known and used by the famous Greek mathematician Archimedes, circa 250 B.C, in the mathematical approximation of the square root of 3 (√3 ) .

The ratio 265/153 is referred to as « the measure of the fish » and can be found in the Vesica Piscis which literally means "Bladder of the fish", a figure formed by the intersection of two circles with the same radius, intersecting in such a way that the centre of each circle lies on the perimeter of the other.

I wondered if there was a link between 153 and 17 ("The Star" Tarot Card). Indeed ! Interestingly, I learned that 17 was the numerical value of the Hebrew word deeg (דִּיג) meaning ... to fish or to catch fish !

And like 6, 10 and 21, 153 is a triangular number, but it's more precisely the 17th triangular number. I was speechless !

In fact, it meant that there existed the same mathematical connection between 4 and 10 in the Tetracktys, between 6 and 21 and between 17 and 153. And thanks to Velasco I was aware of the connection between 10 and 17.

All was connected !

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, Allisnum2er said:

Hi CJ,

Here is something that might interest you. This is a small part of the unfinished story that I began to write 6 years ago, the one that led me to Shakespeare's Work .

Thanks to my Oracle I believe having found one of the reasons which explains why the sonnets 153 and 154 talk about Cupid ... a mathematical reason.

It is just a theory but I think that the answer lies in another triangular number : 21 (Associated with "The World" Tarot card).

Do you remember the number of the Tarot card « The Lovers » in which appeared Cupid ? Number 6 !

The theosophical addition of 6, as explained by Velasco in my vision, is 1+2+3+4+5+6 = 21.

Therefore, 21 is the 6th triangular number.

You will probably wonder what is the relation between 21 and 153 ( Other than the appearance of number 153 in Chapter 21 of John's Gospel) .

The answer lies in the prime numbers.

Nowadays, a prime number is a natural number which is greater than 1 and cannot be written as a product of two natural numbers that are both smaller than it.

The prime numbers of 153 are 3 and 17. Indeed 153 = 3 x 3 x 17.

The prime numbers of 154 are 2, 7 and 11. Indeed 154 = 2 x 7 x 11

The interesting fact is that the numbers 153 and 154 are what we call a Ruth-Aaron pair, which means two consecutive integers for which the sums of the prime factors are equal. Indeed, the sum of the prime factors of 153 is 3 + 17 = 20 and the sum of the prime factors of 154 is 2+7+11 = 20.

You will tell me that 20 is not 21 !

In fact, if nowadays 1 is not considered like a prime number, it was not the case at the time of  Francis Bacon.

« By the Middle Ages and Renaissance mathematicians began treating 1 as a number, and some of them included it as the first prime number. In the mid-18th century Christian Goldbach listed 1 as prime in his correspondence with Leonhard Euler; however, Euler himself did not consider 1 to be prime. In the 19th century many mathematicians still considered 1 to be prime, and lists of primes that included 1 continued to be published as recently as 1956.» Wikipedia

Now, considering 1 as a prime number and a prime factor of both 153 and 154, the sum of their prime factors is : 21 !

And 21 like 153 « can signifie knowledge of the Holy Trinity » because they are triangular numbers but also because : 2 + 1  = 3

And what a better representation of this union (Alchemical, Physical or Spiritual) than the famous Vesica Pisces.

image.png.61f3186e912fd71ed154cc89cdb5e2dc.png

It's not coincidental if the number 153 was known and used by the famous Greek mathematician Archimedes, circa 250 B.C, in the mathematical approximation of the square root of 3 (√3 ) .

The ratio 265/153 is referred to as « the measure of the fish » and can be found in the Vesica Piscis which literally means "Bladder of the fish", a figure formed by the intersection of two circles with the same radius, intersecting in such a way that the centre of each circle lies on the perimeter of the other.

I wondered if there was a link between 153 and 17 ("The Star" Tarot Card). Indeed ! Interestingly, I learned that 17 was the numerical value of the Hebrew word deeg (דִּיג) meaning ... to fish or to catch fish !

And like 6, 10 and 21, 153 is a triangular number, but it's more precisely the 17th triangular number. I was speechless !

In fact, it meant that there existed the same mathematical connection between 4 and 10 in the Tetracktys, between 6 and 21 and between 17 and 153. And thanks to Velasco I was aware of the connection between 10 and 17.

All was connected !

It is why I think eclipses are such a interesting natural phenomena for observers who think in these terms.  Especially when we are talking of annular eclipses where we are viewing what is essentially two circles of effectively the same diameter (due to the distances involved). The coming together of the two circles is highly symbolic, and it is not unexpected that some would think that important historical events would be born of it.

I won't argue about the historical interpretation of primes because it took some time for mathematicians to reason why 1 should not be included. So, yes, one could imagine that the ancients may have been summing it when adding prime factors.

To be honest, I don't mind that you point this possibility out because I happen to suspect there is a similar symbolic link between 40 and 42 that I have always suspected had something to do with the 2:1 proportion.

I'm sure you recall mentioning that the area in Newfoundland which Bacon endeavored to colonize is today still called Cupids in Conception Bay. If you ever get to visit you should check out Bacon Cove and the Turk's Head. 

• Like 3

July 2, 1935 was Day 183 of the year, the middle day, with 182 days before and 182 days after in the year.

ONE EIGHTY THREE is 157 Simple and 365 Kaye ciphers.

ONE EIGHTY TWO is 157 Simple and 287 Kaye ciphers, the Secret Seal numbers.

July 2 is in a way the day with the Peak day of the "year" Pyramid. I see Three Pillars on the middle day of the year; 157/287 - 157/365 - 157/287.

Line 1935 of the Sonnets is:

http://www.light-of-truth.com/pyramid-GMT.php#Line1935

Vse power with power,and slay me not by Art,

Awesome work, Kate!!

To "those with the eyes to see"...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->