Bacon's rumored royal lineage

Bacon’s rumored royal lineage

William Rawley’s biographical sketch of Bacon in Resucitatio (1657) was the first of its kind in English; previously a similar thing had appeared in Pierre Amboise’s Histoire Naturelle de Mre. Francois Bacon (1631). Amboise wrote that Bacon was “born in the purple and brought up with the expectation of a great career,” purple of course being the color reserved for royalty. Rawley begins his account

Francis Bacon, the glory of his age and nation, the adorner and ornament of learning, was born in York House, or York Place, in the Strand, on the two and twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord 1560 [1561].

The question of Bacon’s birthplace, whether York House or York Place, imports more than might appear; York House was the London home of Sir Nicholas and Lady Anne Bacon, next door stood York Place or the palace of Whitehall, main residence of Queen Elizabeth and Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester. At the time, a rumor that Elizabeth was pregnant bruited abroad; in August of 1560 one Anne Dowe of Brentwood, a sixty-eight-year-old widow, was the first of several arrested for speaking thus publicly. Soon after, the Spanish ambassador met with William Cecil, Elizabeth’s chief counselor (soon to be Francis Bacon’s uncle), and wrote of the encounter

[Cecil] said that the Queen was going on so strangely that he was about to withdraw from her service . . . Lord Robert had made himself master of the business of the state and of the person of the Queen, to the extreme injury of the realm, with the intention of marrying her, and she herself was shutting herself up in the palace to the peril of her health and life. That the realm would tolerate the marriage, he said he did not believe . . . Last of all, he said that they were thinking of destroying Lord Robert’s wife. They had given out that she was ill, but she was not ill at all; she was very well and taking care not to be poisoned . . .  Since writing the above, I hear the Queen has published the death of Robert's wife.[1]

Amy Dudley was found at their home near Oxford with a broken neck. Dudley did not attend the funeral and the court ruled it an accident; four months later, Francis Bacon was born.

Writers who ascribe the Shakespeare works to Bacon often claim he was the son of Elizabeth and Dudley, and that the couple had another son, Robert Devereaux, the Earl of Essex, born four years later. Before the possibility of such outrageous fortune is dismissed out of hand, it is worth reflecting that it would help explain the emotional power of Hamlet and Macbeth, otherwise thought to have originated in Shakespeare’s imagination. Bacon has been criticized for his prosecution of Essex, his friend and patron, for treason in 1601; this was one of Macaulay’s principal points of attack. But if Bacon and Essex had the same parents, it would mean Francis Bacon was born of a “virgin,” a born king (but as it turned out, not of this world—his library was dukedom enough), and he prosecuted his rebellious brother who attempted to take the throne by force. Perhaps an awareness of these parallels with Jesus gave Bacon the boldness to proclaim that he was more than a man:

Now if the utility of any single invention so moved men, that they accounted more than man him who could include the whole human race in some solitary benefit, that invention is certainly much more exalted, which by a kind of mastery contains within itself all particular inventions, and delivers the mind from bondage, and opens it a road, that under sure and unerring guidance it may penetrate to whatever can be of novelty and further advancement.[2]

Bacon’s unorthodox biography also parallels certain features of the mythological hero archetype outlined in Otto Rank’s Myth of the Birth of the Hero (1909) and Freud’s Moses and Monotheism (1939): conception in secret, royal birth attended with grave difficulties, adoption by those of a lesser station, fears that the child will be a danger to the state. These similarities are the more striking, as the myths deal with an abandoned prince who returns to overcome his father, and Bacon gave us modern science, the tool with which humanity challenges our common Father. Rank, like Freud, questioned the authorship of the Shakespeare work, and in Art and Artist (1932) he conjectured (without noting that Hamlet was published just after Elizabeth died):

about Shakespeare, it seems to me not improbable that the inspired poet portrayed himself in the Danish prince, so that he might with impunity utter high treason . . . the participation of Hamlet in his entrapping play might be explained from the fact that powerful opponents of Elizabeth did really use the poet as a means to attack her and stir her conscience. In this case, we should have a reflection, in Hamlet’s editing of the “play,” of the part important friends of the poet actually had in his work.[3]

The Story of the Learned Pig contains a subtle allusion to Bacon’s royal descent, plainly stating he was behind the Shakespeare works.

My parents, indeed, were of low extraction; my mother sold fish about the streets of this metropolis, and my father was a water-carrier celebrated by Ben Jonson in his comedy of Every Man in his Humour . . . I soon after contracted a friendship with that great man and first of geniuses, the ‘Immortal Shakespeare,’ and am happy in now having it in my power to refuse the prevailing opinion of his having run his country for deer-stealing, which is as false as it is disgracing. The fact is, Sir, that he had contracted an intimacy with the wife of a country Justice near Stratford, from his having extolled her beauty in a common ballad; and was unfortunately, by his worship himself, detected in a very awkward situation with her. Shakespeare, to avoid the consequences of this discovery, thought it most prudent to decamp. This I had from his own mouth. With equal falsehood has he been father’d with many spurious dramatic pieces. Hamlet, Othello, As You Like It, the Tempest, and Midsummer’s Night Dream, for five; of all which I confess myself to be the author.

While the Learned Pig does not specifically mention Bacon by name, the “water-carrier celebrated by Ben Jonson” is a character named Cob; when he appears onstage the following exchange takes place: 

Cob. I sir, I and my linage ha’ kept a poor house, here, in our days.

Mat. Thy linage, Monsieur Cob, what linage, what linage?

Cob. Why Sir, an ancient linage, and a princely. Mine ance’try came from a King’s belly, no worse Man

. . .

Cob. I Sir, with favour of your Worship’s nose, Mr. Matthew, why not the ghost of a herring Cob, as well as the ghost of rasher-bacon?

Mat. Roger Bacon, thou wouldst say?

Cob. I say Rasher-Bacon. They were both broil’d o’ the coals; and a man may smell broil’d meat, I hope? you are a scholar, upsolve me that, now…

. . .

Mat. Lie in a water-bearer’s House! A Gentleman of his havings! Well, I’ll

tell him my mind.

Bacon was born in the sign of Aquarius, or the house of the water bearer; here it might be worthwhile to cite the oldest representative of the heroic archetype, Sargon of Akkad, founder of Babylon:

Sargon, the mighty king, King of Agade, am I. My mother was a vestal, my father I knew not, while my father’s brother dwelt in the mountains. In my city Azuripani, which is situated on the bank of the Euphrates, my mother, the vestal, bore me. In a hidden place she brought me forth. She laid me in a vessel made of reeds, closed my door with pitch, and dropped me down into the river, which did not drown me. The river carried me to Akki, the water carrier. Akki the water carrier lifted me up in the kindness of his heart, Akki the water carrier raised me as his own son, Akki the water carrier raised me as his own son, Akki the water carrier made of me his gardener. In my work as a gardener I was beloved by Ishtar, I became the king, and for forty-five years I held kingly sway.

[1] Letter to the Duchess of Parma, dated 11 September 1560

[2] Thoughts concerning the Interpretation of Nature, Tr. Basil Montagu The Works of Francis Bacon London: William Pickering 1834

[3] Rank, Otto. The Myth of the Birth of the Hero and Other Essays. New York: Vintage, 1959 p. 236-7

Edited by Ryan Murtha
  • Like 3

Ryan,

Thank you, for your very instructive post.

I would add that "COB" is per se a reference to Bacon, "A COB" being an anagram of "BACO".
In my opinion, this is confirmed by Sir Francis Bacon  in "A Midsommer nights Dreame".
There is an interesting exchange between "Cobweb" and the Clown on page 157 (Simple cipher of FRA ROSI CROSSE) of the First Folio.

Clowne. Mounsieur Cobweb,good Mounsier get your
weapons in your hand, & kill me a red hipt humble-Bee
on the top of a thistle ;and good Mounsieur bring  mee 
the hony bag.  Doe not fret your selfe too much  in the 
action,Mounsieur;and good Mounsieur, have a care the 
hony bag breake not,I would be loth to have yon over-
flowne with a hony-bag, signiour.   Where's Mounsieur
Mustardseed?

"A Midsommer nights Dreame" Act V -Scene 1

Notice the "n" of yon instead of a "u" in order to conceal his name.
And we can read in acrostic, from bottom to top, "ATOM(W)", a reference to Democritus, the Father of the Atom, and to Cupid.

(See Francis Bacon  - The wisdom of the Ancients - Chapter XVII  - Cupid ; or the Atom).

Cupid/Eros (Bacon) is the Bastard sonne of Mars (Dudley) and Venus (Queen Elizabeth)

Here lyeth Love, of Mars the Bastard Sonne,
VVhose foolish fault to death him selfe hath donne.

The Hekatompathia - Sonnet 100 (Simple cipher of Francis Bacon)

And always on page 157 , Oberon  tells us :

When I had at my pleasure taunted her
And she in milde termes beg'd my patience,
I then did aske of her, her changeling childe;
Which straight she gave me, and her Fairy sent
To bear him to my Bower in Fairy Land.
And now that I have the Boy, I will undoe
This hatefull imperfection of her eyes. 

Oberon talks about Titiana (The Fairy Queen/Queen Elizabeth I) and her changeling child (Francis Bacon).

By the way, Ben Jonson mentionned a COB in his EPIGRAMS (Ben jonson's Works - 1616)

EPIGRAMS LXIX : TO PERTINAX COB.

As if by chance, TO PERTINAX COB is the anagram of  PROTEXIT BACON.

And PROTEXIT is, in latin, the 3rd person singular perfect active indicative form of the verb "PROTEGO" meaning : to cover, to protect and, by extension to hide, to conceal.

PROTEXIT BACON means : HE CONCEALED BACON !

Regards,

Yann

• Like 2

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Both posts are fantastic!

Personally, it may be the Royal "secret" that ultimately proves Bacon was Shakespeare, and so much more.

Now that the Elizabeth today announced the next Queen, maybe what they ALL know might be revealed sooner than we expect.

I figure Prince William knows it all. In my lonely opinion, Bacon was born as William Tudor. His life story even says in full on plain text, "my name is Will." Prince William would know, if there is any truth to that idea.

😉

William Tudor I = 157 Simple and 287 Kaye.

But he'd have to have a son if he was just William Tudor to have 157 and 287, right?

Sonnet 11, last two lines:

She carv'd thee for her seal, and meant thereby,
Thou shouldst print more, not let that copy die.

Sonnet 11 first letters add up to 157. Simple cipher. "her seal"? Who's seal??

So maybe 157 and 287 were Elizabeth I's Seal numbers (from Dee) which were meant for Bacon as her son and eventually Sealed all of Shakespeare's works, and were adopted by the Rosicrucian movement?

Just me, lonely as all get out, but food for thought? Maybe?

• Like 1

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->