Who is this?

Kate

5 hours ago, Kate Cassidy said:

8484542C-427B-40C0-8500-9104EA832708.jpeg.23febbb440617d03174d1fad589071d9.jpeg

Anyone know who this might be? First thoughts? 

Thank you 

Here’s why I asked. 

There’s an image that is on the V&A website which says:

“Portrait of Shakespeare; Crowned by tragedy and comedy, with fame above; An illustrated oval; Inscribed 'Mr.William Shakespear. Ob. A.D. 1616. Æt. 53.'; Print on paper; One of a set of 46 illustrations to Shakespeare's works (see DYCE.2338 to 2384); By Michael van der Gucht; Flemish School; (probably) London; Published 1709.”

5D68F1B2-8BA6-4843-B3D2-09A2163E9FE7.thumb.jpeg.eec3a079d6be3ea896b7f18ffd8495ca.jpeg

I looked at it and found a few hidden symbolisms. The face on the chest of woman on the right is a fascinating inclusion. What’s that about? 

The double wreath is also intriguing (maybe one is symbolic of a double identity). Then I saw the wreath on the left which is actually, if you zoom in, a crown. The hand on the left is also a very strange thing. All circled.

Finally, I saw the person on the floor and thought, what if the person who did this knows Bacon is Shakespeare, hence he’s underfoot.

I zoomed into the person on the floor and flipped the image. What if this is the real Shakespeare? That’s why I asked if anyone could say who it is. 

Then I saw this:

EB337157-CE0C-49E5-90F1-5DCE6ACC37B5.jpeg.6a3d709013e702966fd56263b9cc9573.jpeg

The bottom picture is Bacon. If it is Bacon on the floor, then this image depicts Shakespeare and Bacon together - and Bacon should have the crown.

As always though, I’m loathe to assume or jump to erroneous conclusions. I add it to see what others may think.

Kate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kate Cassidy said:

I looked at it and found a few hidden symbolisms. The face on the chest of woman on the right is a fascinating inclusion. What’s that about? 

The double wreath is also intriguing (maybe one is symbolic of a double identity). Then I saw the wreath on the left which is actually, if you zoom in, a crown. The hand on the left is also a very strange thing. All circled.

Finally, I saw the person on the floor and thought, what if the person who did this knows Bacon is Shakespeare, hence he’s underfoot.

I zoomed into the person on the floor and flipped the image. What if this is the real Shakespeare? That’s why I asked if anyone could say who it is. 

Hi Kate !

The face on the chest of the woman on the right is, I think, a reference to the Aegis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis

Regarding the double wreath, it forms a 8, and the number 8 is linked to "Mercury" (the secret and swift messenger 😉) and to "Francis" I King of France. 

https://bibale.irht.cnrs.fr/20900

But I can't really say if the person on the floor is Bacon or not, even if I love the idea !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.b8c74f56d5551c745119c268cf9d3db8.png

Looks like a woman, grinning I'd say. Being on the floor is a strange place to be in an almost giggling state, which I see.

Yet, how many of us have been there, seemingly pushed down and hushed, laughing inside on what we know. LOL

The image may be someone the engraver knew; a spouse, friend, a person who was inside the circle with all the secrets we have never heard about.

Might just represent the wisdom of a woman who knows everything and is behind every man. 😉

Edited by Light-of-Truth

T A A A A A A A A A A A T
157     www.Light-of-Truth.com     287
<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Here is a link to an image one can zoom in. If it is not the same image, Kate, let us know.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/object/P_1875-0213-183

I go full screen and look at.

The woman in upside down, looking up, with a foot on her. 53 is emphasized which is familiar to we Baconians. Three books connected by, something, not sure what that is. Look at the link to see who that is with their foot on her.

Upside down it appears she has a frown, in agony even. But Kate shared an upside right version and the woman is grinning. As if she knows something, even upside down with a foot pressing her to the floor.

Maybe it is not a woman, but to me I see a beautiful woman who knows something and is confident.

The angles of the two instruments? Sacred Geometry has been a theme. Does 53 have a geometrical significance?? 53 matters with Bacon, pages mis-numbered, hidden ciphers, and so on...

image.thumb.png.7c9437cfb66daa4b6a0da4e8916a6584.png

• Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

35 minutes ago, Allisnum2er said:

Hi Kate !

The face on the chest of the woman on the right is, I think, a reference to the Aegis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis

Regarding the double wreath, it forms a 8, and the number 8 is linked to "Mercury" (the secret and swift messenger 😉) and to "Francis" I King of France. 

But I can't really say if the person on the floor is Bacon or not, even if I love the idea !

Ah ha, now that’s v.interesting about the Francois (and the aegis). 

I don’t think it’s a woman. If you look at the original. It’s only when it’s zoomed in and flipped it looks more androgynous (which would be Mercury).

Here’s another likeness of Bacon and then a pic which purportedly shows Shakespeare with his family but in the full version I’m sure it is John Dee off to the side and this androgynous figure leaning into him looks very much like the person on the floor. 
A representation of Mercury again maybe? K296E6F47-B6E9-4EA9-9EA0-97CF68090112.thumb.jpeg.2b391acbaf98d5313d164d099cebbff2.jpeg

• Like 1

...this androgynous figure leaning into him looks very much like the person on the floor. 

There you go! Mercury would not have come up in mind.

I don't remember seeing this likeness of Bacon! Share!

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

What do you make of the hand I circled on the left. Very strange. 

The hands, feet, instruments, all have me curious. And more!

Maybe tomorrow I'll do some Photoshop work and look at the angles. Sacred Geometry stuff.

Allisnum2er might see the symbology if he gets time. (I know some of us are actually getting busy with real "paying" work now...) 😉

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Here’s another likeness of Bacon and then a pic which purportedly shows Shakespeare...

Likeness of Bacon, but Shakespeare?

The beard is not Bacon's, and no medallion hanging. But inDeed is a strong likeness of Bacon. 

The woman, or androgynous face, is a total likeness of the face you asked about to start the thread (the nose, mouth, hair). She (or whoever) loves whoever they are leaning against, feels safe, even knowing everything they know. 😉

If human, knows Willy or Bacon? If mythical, holds the Truth and all the secrets.

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Fascinating image!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamnet_Shakespeare#/media/File:Shakespeare's_family_circle.jpg

EDIT (I had a different description I lost, this is with the image.)
          Description
illustration of William Shakespeare reciting his play Hamlet to his family. His wife, Anne Hathaway, is sitting in the chair on the right; his son Hamnet is behind him on the left; his two daughters Susanna and Judith are on the right and left of him.

These are not the same faces and expressions as the adoring ladies. 😉

image.thumb.png.881d74a672976c5f17b90acd32a4e0ff.png

Dee is listening, but look at those eyes. I would not want John Dee to look at me like that. I hope he doesn't!

See how his legs are crossed, not by accident. Holding the First Folio?

This was done in 1709 it appears.

Fascinating image.

Edited by Light-of-Truth
  • Like 1

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

53° = an angle in one of the 345 triangles 

Google search...

What are the angles of a 3 4 5 triangle?

The three internal angles in degrees are 36.87, 53.13, and 90. The three angles in radians are 0.64, 0.93, and 1.57.

Did Google say 1.57??
  • Like 2

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

Hi Kate, the Angel-like figure blowing the trumpet is reminiscent of the frontispiece of The History of the Royal Society (London: 1667) with Lord Bacon sitting under the Winged-Angel who is also blowing a trumpet recalling the first Rosicrucian manifesto the Fama Fraternitatis which concludes with 'Sub Umbra Alarum Tuarum Jehova' (Under the Shadow of Jehova's Wings'). As you know the number 53 represents the letters SOW in simple cipher standing for SONS OF WISDOM or members of FB's Rosicrucian-Freemasonry Brotherhood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Allisnum2er said:

Both the Shakespeare plinth picture and the Shakespeare with family engravings were done  in 1709.

So let’s sum this up. 

We have an 1709 engraving full of Rosicrucian/Masonic symbolism that connects to another 1709 image and both connect to one of Bacon in the Royal Society frontispiece image of 1667.

4CA86337-7B48-4C81-8F4A-9DE3FCEDAF6D.thumb.jpeg.8d2a55a65d7566666630679f1a9e3c74.jpeg

Bacon as Lord Chancellor is holding a purse. There is a herald behind him as the RS was Heralding in a New Age of Science.

The 1709 engraving of a picture of Shakespeare, also shows a herald but now two wreaths which is a known symbol for Francis and a symbol of duality.

CE9658B1-C7D7-4AEF-9619-1317EB8D2F13.thumb.jpeg.19aceb3b9f71fb614d78173bba7e3731.jpegOn the plinth there are numbers also connected to Francis Bacon and we have two masks on the floor (obviously also associated with plays) which again symbolises duality and 2 faces - i.e., that this ‘Shakespeare has two faces, one revealed, one concealed. One Will, one Francis.

In the second engraving/painting of Shakespeare, which purports to be Will with his family, there’s a definite sighting of John Dee over to the left in the shadows .  No doubt about it being him.
A6BF460C-5885-4871-BFAE-B8342D26EEEF.jpeg.71034838d3e18186973db96a9620cb5f.jpeg

There is also a very prominent purse.

The person leaning into Will appears to be the same person on the floor in the picture. His sister was Joan his daughter was Judith but as neither would have been the secret author (his family were illiterate) it perhaps symbolises twin nature again as his daughter Judith was a twin to Hamnet, so she represents a mercurial twin - it certainly shows there is no separation and one (Will)  is dark, one (Judith) is light.

The figure lying on the floor was therefore a depiction of Mercury.

As Francis Bacon is Mercurius (Mercury, Horus, Hermes, the messenger, the Herald) we are again being shown that Bacon was the secret author and Will Shakespeare was the front - the mask.

The prominence of the purse is likely another nod to the fact that this an image full of symbolism for ‘those with the eyes to see’.

Job done. Bacon is Shakespeare.

• Like 3

Strange face.

image.png.940e92d4fff8a585bd1c8c227a905fa6.png

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/object/P_1875-0213-183

Description of the engraving:

Description
Portrait, after the 'Chandos' portrait; half length, to the left; hair curled over ears, with short beard and moustache, and earing in left ear; wearing white collar and black jacket; in oval frame on pedestal, crowned by Tragedy and Comedy, Fame blowing trumpet above; frontispiece to Rowe's edition of 'The Works of William Shakespeare'. 1709
Engraving

Edited by Light-of-Truth

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->

7 hours ago, Kate Cassidy said:

The prominence of the purse is likely another nod to the fact that this an image full of symbolism for ‘those with the eyes to see’.

Hi Kate !

Beautiful synthesis.

I discovered this picture of Shakespeare and his family two years ago.

It was a happy "accident" as I was studying "Melencolia I " by Dürer (1514).

Since then, this purse is ,for me, a reference to Dürer's engraving.

Purse.thumb.png.9e966fa49e12f58559bf1d095558b86f.png

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melencolia_I#/media/Fichier:Dürer_Melancholia_I.jpg

Moreover, there are TWO slightly different pictures of Shakespeare's family circle that conceal the truth.

Marrano.thumb.png.3819de3fe8bb36236c839d76fcd1b7ac.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamnet_Shakespeare#/media/File:Shakespeare's_family_circle.jpg

About secret hand gestures in painting https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7233791/

One portrait of Francis Bacon with the Marrano's hand gesture :

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Portrait_of_Sir_Francis_Bacon_(1561-1626).jpg

Edited by Allisnum2er
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great find!

I looked more closely at the figure on the ground. When you zoom right in the finger across the face is more elongated than it first appears. So the face under the nose is covered. 

311CDF66-D73E-4BEA-963F-90FB4E5D2468.jpeg.b6cd4ce3a39a50fd0c94976f6e509278.jpeg

is it me seeing things? I see F BACON in the pic you posted Yann

8213C2BE-BFFC-46B7-BC69-1439E69691F0.thumb.jpeg.d5b07cf2c7b1054a9940f23fa1ddc9b1.jpeg

Edited by Kate Cassidy
Add 2nd image
  • Like 2

I’m surprised there’s not more reaction to this? Isn’t this one of the most significant pictures if you have Shakespeare, John Dee and the name F Bacon on the robe she’s sewing (which has a purse next to it) in one image?

There’s no doubt that there are letters hidden and looking again it may be more than just F Bacon on the robe. I can see Fra Bacon. The chevrons (or Masonic Square are pointing down to the extra letters. There’s also a key on the table.

Zoom into the original picture, the F  O and C are easy to spot. The n is on its side, the extra RA for Fra are possibly to the left of the C.

Methinks the engraver wanted us to know something!

4F899F49-8142-484C-8897-8E568D5F5C15.thumb.jpeg.a5f9dcaef63406e3816c4315eca9e357.jpegBD71BCC2-071D-4747-86D6-3E7D9934319E.thumb.png.a6035d55a3c0d90cf4d7151b2d8f74a8.png

• Like 3

I've been thinking about it a lot myself. The knowledge that the woman's portrait was totally taken off the wall in a later version is significant. I had wondered if that was Elizabeth. But I wasn't sure, not completely recognizable. But why was it totally removed years after the original when so much is the same?

Dee in the background, the two images (original/later revised), Dee does not appear the exact same to me. But I haven't found the same quality image of the later version as the original.

Or neither do I have any idea who was behind them, or what Society or organization, even what the purpose was. I am sure that info is out there, but haven't researched yet.

Shakespeare looks like Bacon. It is so very close to Bacon, except Bacon's face was shaved and clean on the sides. And I believe Bacon always has something hanging around his neck, at least as an adult. So it appears obvious they are showing what we would see as Bacon, yet a family portrait of Willy and his family.

You've made a point that suggest to me, even though the public was to believe this is the Shakespeare on their times, for any Baconians or Rosicrucians we would see Bacon.

And then see what else there is to see. Like the familiar face leaning on Bacon, the purse, the hidden letters, and John Dee. Of all people who were supposedly in Willy's life that would support him as author, why do we see Dr. John Dee, watching him rather intensely. I don't recall reading Dee hung out with Shakspur and his kids. Maybe I missed that history...

One thing for certain, anyone could take the image of the man, clean the sides of the face, add a Bacon hat, and a medallion, and it would be 100% Francis Bacon.

Not sure what we could do with that same man to look like anything like we have to go on as far as what Willy Shakspur looked like.

😉

Edited by Light-of-Truth
  • Like 3

<-- 1 8 8 1 1
O 1 1 8 8 1 -->